Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited January 2013

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:

this is is a copy of what Yotube sent me about my video content
    First time i got something like this from yotube. I just assumed i made the animation to good...lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (x) YouTube

Dear Ivy Summers,

The problem is apparently "commercial" videos. In my case with the 48 Hour Film Project, as I mentioned, I had no intention of making any money. And they require a LOT of paperwork, including releases for everything involved - team members, locations, and especially music (I use only royalty free music e.g. Digital Juice, and submit the EULA). But the entry form gives the contest the right to sell compilation DVD's, and I think there is a money sharing plan for the team. So that made them nervous about Rockstar's policy of use of game footage for profit. I didn't think that made the product "commercial" (they mostly sell to participants, plus their friends and families), but it wasn't a big enough deal for me to argue. I was only going to have the game footage showing on a TV screen with people playing it, so I created my own "game footage".

In your case, it sounds like a misunderstanding from the outset, i.e. no game capture involved. We'll see what happens with my Youtube upload with a lot of game capture - I suspect nothing since I don't "monetize", and Rockstar has no problem with non-commercial "fan videos".

I sure a lot of it does have to do with my Youtube Partnership program, and really if you think about it its really a good thing to protect artist .. I just will make sure i always make a credit list for every animation from now on.
    The only reason I even registered with the MPAA.org was because of some troll flagging my animations. so i started getting rating for animations over 5 minutes long .I would post them to my own web site accept i could never generate the traffic t, like I can for them being on youtube.
    and after spending $100's of dollars on software, models and tools nice to get a few pennies back for your efforts . But like Wendy I'm still waiting for my check...lol

Post edited by Ivy on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,221
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    I received that same email after I decided to monetize my videos.
    as with you Cho suggested linking the EULA, also listed all my software inc Melody assistant and any non-original compositions the public domain or creative commons links for them as I only use such stuff unless I choose audioswap in which case monetization is not an option.
    all ok now, except I have not seen any money!
    my earnings still show zero including on one that got 200 000 views in a week after someone stickied it on 4chan forum to riddicle!

I thank your right. I guess it a good thing I always keep a lst of where i got the items i am using in my videos.
    Youtube even questioned a video i had where i am playing my guitar

And that's some pretty good guitar playing. I liked the BTO cover and the soundtrack demonstration was quite creative.

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    I received that same email after I decided to monetize my videos.
    as with you Cho suggested linking the EULA, also listed all my software inc Melody assistant and any non-original compositions the public domain or creative commons links for them as I only use such stuff unless I choose audioswap in which case monetization is not an option.
    all ok now, except I have not seen any money!
    my earnings still show zero including on one that got 200 000 views in a week after someone stickied it on 4chan forum to riddicle!

I thank your right. I guess it a good thing I always keep a lst of where i got the items i am using in my videos.
    Youtube even questioned a video i had where i am playing my guitar

And that's some pretty good guitar playing. I liked the BTO cover and the soundtrack demonstration was quite creative.

now your making me blush..lol thanks for watching those music video . I use to be able to really rip it up when i was a young kitten..lol

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    edited December 1969

Here's an interesting article on the potential pitfalls of trying to make money on YouTube:

http://www.houstonpress.com/2013-01-10/culture/youtube-stars-networks-money/

"As YouTube becomes increasingly wealthy, its stars and the networks who contract with them battle for money and creative control."

" ... the devil was in the details: After signing with Machinima, he learned the company would own the rights to whatever content he made for the rest of his life and beyond, 'in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised.' Not only that, but his contract with the network was open-ended. There was no point at which it was set to expire."

I think I'll just stick with it as a hobby.
    :coolcheese:

edited January 2013

Steve K said:
    Here's an interesting article on the potential pitfalls of trying to make money on YouTube:

http://www.houstonpress.com/2013-01-10/culture/youtube-stars-networks-money/

"As YouTube becomes increasingly wealthy, its stars and the networks who contract with them battle for money and creative control."

" ... the devil was in the details: After signing with Machinima, he learned the company would own the rights to whatever content he made for the rest of his life and beyond, 'in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised.' Not only that, but his contract with the network was open-ended. There was no point at which it was set to expire."

I think I'll just stick with it as a hobby.
    :coolcheese:

I guess as they say all good things must come to end.. But its funny how its always the greedy the ruin it for everyone else.
    I seen people like Lindsey Stirling make some nice cash off YouTube. But i'm sure thats going to change.
    I'm using YouTube as a stepping stone., hopefully once i get enough peple interested in my cartoons. i can move my work over to my own site, Plus its a good place for me to try out the things I'm learning in school.

Thanks for the link, alot to think about using public media, to launch your art into the mainstream

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Jessica Rabbit.
    Pretty 3d red rabbit. outfit
    Felicia hair - Mairy 3d

Just something i through together rendered in Poser.

Jessica_01.jpg
    800 x 1080 - 47K
    Jessica_02.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 84K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

she sure is ready to play pat-A- cake with those cupcakes ;-P
    nice!
    lol but lets see you try Roger!!!

edited December 1969

she sure is ready to play pat-A- cake with those cupcakes ;-P
    nice!
    lol but lets see you try Roger!!!

lol.. thanks Wendy. I never even thought of making a Rodger.. Now I'm gonna have too..lol

edited December 1969

A couple of screen test shots of a new animation I am working on. :)

scene_35_-_test_render.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 86K
    scene_24_-_test-render.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 259K
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

are you jumping on the Lara Croft bandwagon? :)

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    are you jumping on the Lara Croft bandwagon? :)

Nope not even close.
    its more of a post apocalyptic adventure, this is episode II of The animated series."New Dawn"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3IGoEzD3s

edited December 1969

These are some more screen test shots of my new animation soon to be released in a couple more weeks.

test_render_scene_49.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 104K
    Scene_50_test_shot.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 151K
    edited February 2013

Geisha - rendered in Poser with the Mada's Essence for V4
    Also included Lisa's Botanical s "Forest Whispers" and Magix101 world-base xt for Poser Valen-tina hair. and Mamai character

Geshia-pt.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 435K
    Geshia-bt.jpg
    457 x 800 - 52K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Winter Vacation.
    The best place to be is on a warm beach :)

love_me_hair_test_shots_fT03.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 287K
    love_me_hair_test_shots_BK_011.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 276K
    love_me_hair_test_shots_fT09.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 278K
    edited December 1969

New Dawn II
    .Episode 2 in a mini series of 3 animations
    created with Poser and Daz studio

I hope you enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QFCUYzp5z4

New_Dawn_II_-_promo_copy.jpg
    1867 x 1050 - 369K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    New Dawn II

I hope you enjoy it

good one - you are getting better !
    didn't like the watermark .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Ivy said:
    New Dawn II

I hope you enjoy it

good one - you are getting better !
    didn't like the watermark .

Thanks for the comment BigH
    what water mark?

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    New Dawn II

I hope you enjoy it

I did enjoy it, looks like a lot of work. I recognized Stoenemason's "Urban Sprawl", also one of my favorites (and the later versions even more so). I thought I recognized the mocap at about 6:00 (guy fumbling with a package) as one from Eclipse Studios, but I didn't see it in the credits. In any case, another favorite of mine, very believable looking.

• WAVEDELSHWAVEDELSH Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

Yet again another great Animation Ivy ! Mind boggling amount of
    work you put in your Animation...Look forward to the next chapter

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:
    New Dawn II

I hope you enjoy it

I did enjoy it, looks like a lot of work. I recognized Stoenemason's "Urban Sprawl", also one of my favorites (and the later versions even more so). I thought I recognized the mocap at about 6:00 (guy fumbling with a package) as one from Eclipse Studios, but I didn't see it in the credits. In any case, another favorite of mine, very believable looking.

Thank you for watching and the comments Steve.
    The guy fumbling is a "Poser mo-cap" ani-blocks from one of the investigative moves pack, the block is called Bomb-Squad i shorten about 240 key-frames out the ani-block its like 650 key-frames originally .

I like to use mocaps and ani blocks or BHV scripts for base line animation and then i bake them to the timeline and I'll edit the timeline by cut/delete or add to the timeline key-frames to give me the desired movements. so they maybe start out as mo-caps but I try to customized them fit the scene the best i can. I learned this technique from a class I am taking.

edited December 1969

wavedelsh said:

Yet again another great Animation Ivy ! Mind boggling amount of
    work you put in your Animation...Look forward to the next chapter

Thank you Dave. yes it does take some time to make these. and yes its very hard on a computer...lol
    But its so addictive. lol. I really enjoy telling story's using this kind 3D of software.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,221
    edited December 1969

It's a lot of fun to watch these Ivy. You give the stories a very real scenario. And it's always so expansive. You've created a real future world situation. But what I like most is that there's a good sense of story telling. We always understand what's going on even with the limited dialogue. And that's always a challenge. There's a good sense of pacing too. And each segment has a beginning, middle, end, story arc.

p.s. And the fact that some of your settings look kinda familiar to me is just a real cool bonus! ;-)

edited December 1969

It's a lot of fun to watch these Ivy. You give the stories a very real scenario. And it's always so expansive. You've created a real future world situation. But what I like most is that there's a good sense of story telling. We always understand what's going on even with the limited dialogue. And that's always a challenge. There's a good sense of pacing too. And each segment has a beginning, middle, end, story arc.

p.s. And the fact that some of your settings look kinda familiar to me is just a real cool bonus! ;-)

Thanks for the comment.
    I thought you may enjoy seeing some of your models in action :)

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

The guy fumbling is a "Poser mo-cap" ani-blocks from one of the investigative moves pack, the block is called Bomb-Squad i shorten about 240 key-frames out the ani-block its like 650 key-frames originally .

I like to use mocaps and ani blocks or BHV scripts for base line animation and then i bake them to the timeline and I'll edit the timeline by cut/delete or add to the timeline key-frames to give me the desired movements. so they maybe start out as mo-caps but I try to customized them fit the scene the best i can. I learned this technique from a class I am taking.

Yup, that's the one, I do have it also and have found several good uses for it. I also try to modify the mocaps, and it got easier when I learned how to use Carrara's graph editor more efficiently. What class are you taking? Online?

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:

Yup, that's the one, I do have it also and have found several good uses for it. I also try to modify the mocaps, and it got easier when I learned how to use Carrara's graph editor more efficiently. What class are you taking? Online?

I've been taken course's since Sept 2012 for Autodesk suite focusing on animation basics with Maya and model & scene building with 3DSmax. offered at Tennessee State University. Right now we are learning how to use the Mobil lab for creating green screen scenes
    I was going full time. But work and family and cost of everything. I have had to change things a little and go to night classes twice a week. which has put me behind.. the course is presented by Autodesk University. and requires a lot of online class time . Mostly for testingm, passing in projects requirements, getting assignments etc.. The class came with a full range of resources from Autodesk http://au.autodesk.com/
    This I will tell you this much .lol. its a very hard course for a old women like me competing with younger people who are taking it mostly for animation in design and engineering. they seem to learn it much easier than I do. But I'm still hanging in there :D

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

I've been taken course's since Sept 2012 for Autodesk suite focusing on animation basics with Maya and model & scene building with 3DSmax. offered at Tennessee State University.

Sounds pretty challenging, but I might be tempted myself if it were available here in Houston.

Tennessee State U. rang a bell, I was intrigued by this DVD lecture series on "story telling":

http://www.thegreatcourses.com/tgc/courses/course_detail.aspx?cid=9313

I realize this is *East" Tenn. U., so its unlikely you'll run across the prof. I also decided against it, since it seems to be more about "performing" as a story teller, rather than developing stories for, say, animations.

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:

I've been taken course's since Sept 2012 for Autodesk suite focusing on animation basics with Maya and model & scene building with 3DSmax. offered at Tennessee State University.

Sounds pretty challenging, but I might be tempted myself if it were available here in Houston.

Tennessee State U. rang a bell, I was intrigued by this DVD lecture series on "story telling":

http://www.thegreatcourses.com/tgc/courses/course_detail.aspx?cid=9313

I realize this is *East" Tenn. U., so its unlikely you'll run across the prof. I also decided against it, since it seems to be more about "performing" as a story teller, rather than developing stories for, say, animations.

We use to go to ETSU all the time for the story telling they held at Carnegie hall
    They have a festival in Jonesboro TN in June for Ol timey folk lore story telling.& blue grass. good times. alot of inspiration.

This is where i got he idea for this animation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CprfJvwnne8

edited March 2013

These are a few test shot scenes from an animation I am working on called Karate girl Adventures - Sister Rivalry
    Hopefully I should have it completed in a few more days.

KG_-_test_4_scene_13.jpg
    1294 x 733 - 202K
    KG_-_test_3_scene_8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 479K
    KG_-_test_2_scene_8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 511K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    These are a few test shot scenes from an animation I am working on called Karate girl Adventures - Sister Rivalry
    Hopefully I should have it completed in a few more days.

love the colors !
    waiting for animation ;-)

edited December 1969

Thanks Bigh. I should have finished in a few more days. depending how many hours I have to work this weekend.
    I'm off today so Yaaaaa!!!