Selection Tools - DAZ Studio scripts

Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
edited December 1969 in Freebies

http://ovbi.org/~rhaseltine/data/RHSelectionTools.zip

This is my old 2009 24 Days of Christmas freebie. It hasn't been updated in any way, so if you grabbed that version you don't need this.

The zip contains several scripts:

Batch rename: renames multiple selected items at one go, all with the same name plus a number to distinguish them
Select by name: selects other items with the same name as the current, very useful for things like the Redhouse/Jack Tomalin sets when you want to select all the columns or wall sections to change the materials. Includes an options dialogue that allows partial or exact matches etc.
Select View/Set view: select the camera being used to view the scene, or view the sceen through the selected camera.
Group: probably redundant, but a slightly different way of grouping (using a Null, since we didn't have real groups then).
Set Primary Selection: useful for things like the Align pane, to make sure the item you want is used as the anchor node.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yes really handy script Richard, thanks.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Wow, I didn't realize it wasn't 'officially' checked as working...I don't use it often, but...

I haven't actually installed it in 4.x, I've just used it a time or two from my DS3 mapped directory. I've found that most scripts work, all except those that use older methods of creating actual geometry, since those under went a revamp and the old ways/names were removed/deprecated.

edited December 1969

I have a lot of Jack's products so I used it all the time. :) Just not in 4.5

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

They work in 4.5, as far as I know - I've certainly been using them without hitting snags, though I haven't done any intense scene building for a while.

edited December 1969

I have the use of DS4.5.1.56 now so when I get a chance I will test it.

• staticstatic Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

Do these have any use in D|S 4.5?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Yes, the new grouping function makes that script superfluous but batch relabel and select by label are still useful, and the others as useful as they ever were.

• RoLoWRoLoW Posts: 341
    edited December 1969

I'm starting to learn scripting and plug-ins for DS.
    The link doesn't seem to work (at least for me).
    Are the Selection Tools still available?

• RoLoWRoLoW Posts: 341
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the fast response...