Dalek appreciation thread

Comments

• icehawk_629b49c68bicehawk_629b49c68b Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

'One of the rarer travel machine types is the tripedal siege variant.

This travel machine is designed for prolonged bombardment firing sequences, at the expense of speed and mobility.

The Siege Strider has substantially greater firepower than a standard Strider, mounting additional missile pods, a triple plasma launcher and neutronic mortar pods.

The Siege guard unit is fitted with a claw appendage to provide it with a close quarters melee offense.

The one weakness of the Siege variants is the legs. Take one of those out and the unit is 90% incapacitated.
    Taking out a leg without being shredded by one of the very effective, very numerous weapons systems... Well, that's a good trick if you can pull it off'

Extract from United Nations Incursions Taskforce seminar:
    'Dustbins: What you need to know about taking out the trash'

===========================================

Just seeing how many guns can be crammed onto one of Billyhomes excellent Spider Daleks :coolsmile:

Larger version on DA:
    http://icehawkprime.deviantart.com/#/d5p22x2

===========================================

Siege Strider kitbashed from Billyhome's Spider Dalek, with Porsimo's APC turrets and Uweg's arm blaster

Siege Guard kitbashed from Billyhome's Spider Dalek, with Porsimo's APC turrets and Stonemason's Propfactory cable and Uweg's armblaster

Seige_Daleks_004_800.jpg
    800 x 600 - 238K
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I would like to formally issue a protest against the Dalek Appreciation Thread as Daleks are foreigners and not DAZ Natives the way the Creeper is a Native! Down with Daleks! :P Long Live the Creeper!

Are we dead yet?

Can't we all just get along? :D

edited December 1969

aldemps said:
    Just messing about.
    What were the X-Fools doing during the events of 'The Stolen Earth'?

Studying the Daleks, making new technology to make new nasty weapons, and than packing the dead ones away and officially stating they do not exist to the public. ~eye roll~ I bet that's exactly what would happen.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 2012

wancow said:
    I would like to formally issue a protest against the Dalek Appreciation Thread as Daleks are foreigners and not DAZ Natives the way the Creeper is a Native! Down with Daleks! :P Long Live the Creeper!

Are we dead yet?

Dude, you mind standing over there a ways? I think you made onto Santa Daleks 'Naughty' List and his orbital kinetic bombardment cannon isn't that accurate...

:bug: :coolsmile: :bug:
    ...he should really consider using OBB (Orbital Bovine Bombardment). Far more accurate when dealing with pesky hecklers.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited December 2012

steam punk davros

genisis_of_the_steam_dalek.jpg
    818 x 478 - 65K
    steam_davros_2.jpg
    690 x 704 - 48K
    Post edited by bluto on
  • android65marandroid65mar Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Samtherapy's STLB4S as the Dalek Book Dalek:lol:

dalek_book_tribute_by_android65mar-d5tlti3.jpg
    993 x 808 - 68K
    edited December 1969

More of my own Davros.

Davros1.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 613K
    edited December 1969

A girly Davros? No, you're having a laugh aren't you? Or could this be the Mentor from Dalek War? H'mm, didn't she have a gold chariot?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    edited December 1969

I imagine that Dalek becomes an exterminator. He would destroy the bugs and about the whole housr

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Just looking in here... got to love a good Dalek render.

Daleks-eye.jpg
    620 x 620 - 108K
  • aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

I imagine that Dalek becomes an exterminator. He would destroy the bugs and about the whole housr

Just messing about.

13-02-18_exterminators.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 402K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I just heard the news that Raymond Cusick (the man who designed the original Daleks) has died.

He just missed the 50th anniversary of one of the longest lasting and most iconic sci-fi baddies of all time.

3-Daleks.jpg
    800 x 620 - 190K
    edited December 1969

Very sad to hear about Ray Cusick passing away; he made an invaluable contribution to TV Science-fiction and the most recognizable meme in the universe! All Power to the Cusick!

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

I'm working on a new design - still in its early stages yet, but i like the way its shaping up.

new_design.jpg
    961 x 689 - 90K
    edited December 1969

a SamTherapy / Mechmaster type 6 rusts away whilst a Dalek saucer hovers nearby. the saucer is another WIP - not finished yet.

rusty_dalek_3.jpg
    799 x 502 - 86K
    edited December 1969

another view of the saucer. I rendered it in Carrara.

saucer.jpg
    800 x 600 - 49K
    edited December 1969

latest update on my Dalek - mostly done. just need to ,make the balls, the gun and arm, and put a bit more detailing on the hover bits in the base.

new_dalek.jpg
    937 x 671 - 147K
    edited December 1969

i still need to finish off the underside of the base, and then rig it for poser - but this is it. theres one or two issues - some of the parts parented in Carrara dont seem to take the mat settings well - but i'm sure i'll get it figured out.

new_dalek_wip.jpg
    937 x 671 - 255K
    edited December 1969

Some fantastic work going on there with the Dalek Model and the Dalek Saucer, what version of Carrara is it you use?

• FuselingFuseling Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    dalek toons

I love the render with the little squid brain guy showing! His little smile is so cute for an emotionless evil being that wants to eliminate all humanity! Exterminate! Exterminate!

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

The only reason these Daleks are running amok is becuz there ain't no creepers around anymore to keep them in check!

edited December 1969

My favourite crossover. being doing this sort of thing since 1989 when i took a photo of a Sevans Dalek being attacked by a Kenner Alien (same scale).

AvD.jpg
    937 x 671 - 399K
    edited December 1969

Some fantastic work going on there with the Dalek Model and the Dalek Saucer, what version of Carrara is it you use?

version 8.11

I used mostly Carrara to make the Dalek too, then assembled it in DS.

I started building the skirt in Second Life - I've built several Daleks there. i converted the skirt to mesh (Collada) then added to it in Carrara 8.1

There are two versions for the skirt - one with hemispheres on the back panel, and one with an elaborate hatch sort of thing like Mechmaster's. The reason is I am toying with building it irl, and I want a hatch to get in and out (getting to old to climb in through the waist).

edited December 1969

a view of the back of the Dalek. the rear panel has a slight resemblance to the the infamous new paradigm, but is less pronounced. the biggest divergence with my dalek is the hemispheres - as you see I have made them much smaller and set them in hexagonal holders. I feel the design is still true to Dalek aesthetics, and in practical terms it will make it a lot easier to build a RL version.

dalek_rear_2.jpg
    961 x 725 - 395K
    edited December 1969

a view of the underside. in this render i made the main anti-grav ball orange like the ones in Rememberance of the Daleks, but made the smaller directional ones blue like the new series. to be honest i cant decide what colour i want them

underside.jpg
    961 x 725 - 321K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

nightkin said:
    a view of the back of the Dalek. the rear panel has a slight resemblance to the the infamous new paradigm, but is less pronounced. the biggest divergence with my dalek is the hemispheres - as you see I have made them much smaller and set them in hexagonal holders. I feel the design is still true to Dalek aesthetics, and in practical terms it will make it a lot easier to build a RL version.

...wait...

...your'e going to build a RL Dalek? :ohh:

...bugger, [rummages through desk drawers] now where'd I leave that bloody sonic screwdriver?

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

AAARG! It's the DALEK THREAD that will not die!!! Where's the Creeper Army when you need it...????

edited December 1969

Will the Daleks ever come back to Who? I like the Daleks.

edited December 1969

haven't you seen Asylum of the Daleks yet? oh,, you are in for a treat - the best Dalek story ever. I've watched it five times already.

I built a real life Dalek about 28 years ago, and i've been meaning to make another for years. it's finding the space thats the problem.

edited December 1969

nightkin said:
    haven't you seen Asylum of the Daleks yet? oh,, you are in for a treat - the best Dalek story ever. I've watched it five times already.

I built a real life Dalek about 28 years ago, and i've been meaning to make another for years. it's finding the space thats the problem.

I already got it on my Kindle. I just need to take the time to watch it again. I love that episode. I like Clara. She seems so cool.

Eggs- Eggs-Eggs- Ter-ter-minate! exterminate! I love saying that.