InjectPMD Plugin for DS4.5?

Guardian Angel 671Guardian Angel 671 Posts: 213
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anybody know if this http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=72737 has been updated for DS4.5 yet? If so where would I find it?
thankies.
Rose

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2012

No it hasn't and probably not likely to be any time soon.

It's been almost a year since the beta version for DS4 was made...and never went past 'beta' status.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

What really amazes me is why DAZ themselves still hasn't got PMD support fully working directly in Studio. It sometimes works with figures that use it, but never props or hair.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

You could use Kuroyume's free MorphExchange to get the pmd into stuff:
    http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poser/freebies/

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I keep my DS3 around just for this utility.

• Guardian Angel 671Guardian Angel 671 Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    You could use Kuroyume's free MorphExchange to get the pmd into stuff:
    http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poser/freebies/

Thanks I was asking for a friend so I'll point them to this.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    What really amazes me is why DAZ themselves still hasn't got PMD support fully working directly in Studio. It sometimes works with figures that use it, but never props or hair.

Well, Daz and Smith Micro were on rather divergent courses for a while there, but it looks like they've finally realized that they need each other. Daz will never be able to move a sizable chunk of Poser's user base to Studio, and after five go-arounds, Poser has still failed to generate a set of original characters with the appeal and versatility of the Daz figures. If the D-son importer is any sign of a new level of cooperation... and DAZ did have a poser banner up at their booth at Siggraph... we'll hopefully see Poser PMDs show up in the next version of Studio.
  • edited March 2013

mjc1016 said:

It's been almost a year since the beta version for DS4 was made...and never went past 'beta' status.

Well since this version worked with 4.5 there was no need for an update (or am I stoned and it did not work?)

But with latest Daz studio 4.5.1.56 Daz seems to finally kill the most needed plugins (MorphTools.dll and injectpmd_x32.dll). They no longer work. For me that is a reason to remove this version again. Please Daz create a mechanism to at least load plugins that worked on prior 4.5 versions. It is painful to see how this ecosystem dies slowly and one reason is more and more people must use old Daz studio versions to have features that were available with earlier versions but not anymore (community plugins, working collada export, automatic LOD loading, ...). I even think about to go back to Daz studio 3.

Post edited by f00bar.root_6039d0dd5c on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Changes in scripting languages, SDK's and the occasional inability of a newer version to support legacy compatibility is why I have several versions of DS and Poser on my system.

Since the script worked up until the current version of DS, the creator may not be aware that it no longer works. Have you tried to PM the creator to ask about an update? IIRC, the creator is DeltaX15. DAZ has no direct connection to it and has never officially supported PMD's.

• edited December 1969

Can I use different 4.5 at the same time? No problems with genesis versions? I don't want to have content multiple times.

edited December 1969

fxbar said:
    Can I use different 4.5 at the same time? No problems with genesis versions? I don't want to have content multiple times.

Nope. Only one version of ds 4 at a time.

BTW, as I said above, I keep Studio 3 around just for this. It really doesn't take up much room since its content folder is almost empty now because I really cleaned it out. I used it for injecting from a pmd just a couple weeks ago. Saved the figure in Studio3, loaded it from Studio 4 and worked with it.

• edited December 1969

Thanks. I still have version 3 around. But it just makes the workflow very slow :(
    I have props with pmd animations, so this means I should somehow save them in version 3 to the content library? I'm sure this is possible somehow, but how? I hope there is a solution for pmd in 4.5 soon. Because a lot of info on such things is hard to find.

I almost cannot count the workarounds I have to use to do specific stuff because it does not work in Daz directly :(
    [and I was an idiot and did not document all of this in a file, e.g. I added custom exp morphs to V4 usable per powerloader, but will have to investigate again because I forgot how to do it]

edited December 1969

fxbar said:
    Thanks. I still have version 3 around. But it just makes the workflow very slow :(
    I have props with pmd animations, so this means I should somehow save them in version 3 to the content library? I'm sure this is possible somehow, but how? I hope there is a solution for pmd in 4.5 soon. Because a lot of info on such things is hard to find.

I almost cannot count the workarounds I have to use to do specific stuff because it does not work in Daz directly :(
    [and I was an idiot and did not document all of this in a file, e.g. I added custom exp morphs to V4 usable per powerloader, but will have to investigate again because I forgot how to do it]

What are pmd animations? You mean a pmd morph is injected to the prop for each keyframe? I have no idea how much that involves. But when I use DS3 I simply inj the pmd into the prop or figure and save it. I've added DS3's content library to DS4's list. So if I want to use the injected prop/figure I simply load it from my DS3 library while using DS4.

So if there is some way you can set up your props ahead of time and save them, you can load them while using DS4. You can even move them over to DS4's library and load from there, as long as DS3's content is on the list so DS4 can pick up the data file.