batgirl in Urban Future.

bertfarrybertfarry Posts: 16
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

got this off a celeron 1.8 with 4 megs of memory, Stonemasons stuff is really hard on my little computer had to dial back my bucket size, ray depth, and shadows, could only get this at 800 by 640 crashed at 1200 by 1000, first time I had trouble with a render crashing like that any suggestions on trying to get a bigger out put like 1200 by 1000 (the size I like), I love Stonemasons stuff lot of detail but hard to render.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

bertfarry said:
    got this off a celeron 1.8 with 4 megs of memory, Stonemasons stuff is really hard on my little computer had to dial back my bucket size, ray depth, and shadows, could only get this at 800 by 640 crashed at 1200 by 1000, first time I had trouble with a render crashing like that any suggestions on trying to get a bigger out put like 1200 by 1000 (the size I like), I love Stonemasons stuff lot of detail but hard to render.

Yep...very simple...more RAM and a 64 bit OS.

• bertfarrybertfarry Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

not on a celeron this babies old and a single processor 4 is the max on this even if it could run 64 bit. Would going in the textures and cutting down the resolution help at 1200 by 1000 I don't need 2000 or more that in Stonemassons text. After all my walk with cation rendered with out a hitch (all thou it was done in DAZ 3.0) and all them reflection properties would that tax the computer?

edited December 1969

It's not just the textures...Stonemason's sets are intense, all around...that's what makes them so good. The only way to use the set and get a decent pixel size on the render is have more RAM. If you are using DS3.x, then even running the stand alone 3Delight renderer isn't an option because of a massive version mismatches for the shaders.

Yes, I knew that was a 32 bit system...so that was my way of saying, you need to upgrade the machine you are running DS on. In the past 2 yrs, DS has pretty much reached the limit and gone somewhat beyond the capabilities of a 32 bit system. Especially a single core 32 bit system...with probably integrated graphics. You may have 4 GB of physical RAM, but you probably don't have much more than about 2.5 of that available...before you start any programs (and DS, by itself, with nothing loaded, eats up over 100 MB...more like 200 ++MB)...so when all is said and done, you have, maybe, if you are lucky, 1.5 GB to start your render with. Trimming textures will help, some. So would removing anything that isn't directly related to what you see in the viewport/camera view. But for a scene that intense, it probably won't be enough to get to the over 1000 pixels range.

• Masud66995Masud66995 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013

Yes, I knew that was a 32 bit system.

environmental management system

Post edited by Masud66995 on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

bertfarry said:

very nice
    you could try turn off any thing else you are running

edited December 1969

thanx all, I figured that was the case, I also deleted everything from the scene that is not in the camera view, does this help, also does DAZ reduce detail (lower polies) of object that are far away from the camera or is that a plugin (DS4_Decimator_1.3.1.56_Win32) (I'm using 4.5 now) and does Stonemason's stuff conform to this .

edited December 1969

Not by default. LOD needs to be done manually, as far as I know. Not everything has a lower poly version, so yes Decimator would need to be used. It does render lower textures, by default but loads the full res texture into memory first, so reducing the textures will help some, especially for distant objects.

For best results and maximum memory reduction, remove all that you can, save the scene and then restart Studio and reload the 'trimmed' scene. That will remove all the cut/removed stuff from memory.

Adamr001's Clear Undo Stack ( http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=143150 ) can also help with that...it is supposedly working in DS 4.5 now...

edited December 1969

thanx I don't have the LOD any more any ways, the script works nice, never used scripts before now I know so thanx on that too.

• cipher_Xcipher_X Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

My suggestion, if a new comp or upgrade is completely out of the question, is to render in individual parts and then composite the layers in Gimp, PSP or PS.

Take a look at your scene and visualize what is the foreground, mid-ground and background elements of the scene. Turn off the elements for the foreground and mid-ground and render the background, save out as whatever image type you like. Do the same with mid-ground and foreground, rendering each separately but save these renders as .png to preserve the transparencies. Layer them in your graphics program of choice.

edited December 1969

Ok that sound good, but does turning the objects off (clicking the eye) the same as deleting them, as for saving mem, I've been deleting them way time consuming and if I want to add something back like the overhanging wires I have to load the whole scene and redo the deleting again, . or are they still accounted for in the mem. also those scripts someone suggested work great got it up to 1000 and I could even add a gun to Vicky also I render her by her self at the second best (on the render script U guys turn me on to) and photoshop her in.

oh ya does tiffs suck more mem in renders then pngs (tiffs have mask I used for the higher render) for that matter is jpgs even less on the mem hits.

bat-girl-3.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 186K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

bertfarry said:
    Ok that sound good, but does turning the objects off (clicking the eye) the same as deleting them, as for saving mem, I've been deleting them way time consuming and if I want to add something back like the overhanging wires I have to load the whole scene and redo the deleting again, . or are they still accounted for in the mem. also those scripts someone suggested work great got it up to 1000 and I could even add a gun to Vicky also I render her by her self at the second best (on the render script U guys turn me on to) and photoshop her in.

oh ya does tiffs suck more mem in renders then pngs (tiffs have mask I used for the higher render) for that matter is jpgs even less on the mem hits.

Hiding an object is not the same thing as deleting it. Deleting it completely removes it from the scene's memory, thus, you would indeed have to reload the object into the scene. My suggestion is keep a "Master scene" with all of your elements in place, then remove "unnecessary" elements for individual renders and save these as "shots" with slightly different names. This way, you can always go back to your master scene.