Remove unwanted UV sets

SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I am working on a new product and in doing so, I have created different sets of UVs for the object and imported them via the scene tab/geometry. Now that I have UVs that I like, I would like to get rid of the other two sets since they suck. I've tried simply deleting them through windows explorer, but when I did that and tried to load the product, it said some things were missing and the item might not load as expected. It did load properly, but I don't want that message popping up in my final product.

Anyone know how to safely remove the UV sets?

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Assuming this is in DSON DUF & DSF files, then there is still a reference to the original UV in the main asset DSF, your going to have to change that so it points to the new default UV set.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Assuming this is in DSON DUF & DSF files, then there is still a reference to the original UV in the main asset DSF, your going to have to change that so it points to the new default UV set.

That main asset DSF being the one data files, not the duf or dsf in the library folder. You probably already know this, but you'll need to extract it with a zip program if it's compressed.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Cool, thanks to you both! I would have left the UV sets in there if there wasn't an easy solution. They don't really hurt anything there, but I'd like to get rid of them.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

Not sure if I'm deleting unwanted saved custom files correctly.

To understand how content management works, I imported an obj with UV/textures, saved it as a support asset>prop called test-sofa.

Now I want to clean up these test files. I read that renaming/deleting/moving custom stuff should be done from within Daz/Content Library and not Windows Explorer. So I delete test-sofa from Content Library, Daz format> prop. Container view.

I went to Window Explorer and check, yes it's gone from the prop folder. So far so good.

However when I check data/MyName/Product/, there is still a test-sofa folder in there, full of test-sofa related files.

Maybe that's not the right way to do it?

Do I need to manually delete unwanted files from Explorer every time I need to delete something I created?

Thanks...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

Moving content should be done in the Content Library as that updates the references in the Content Management System. Deleting the files that you can there will remove them from the CMS, but you will need to delete the asset files (the ones in Data) directly - deleting a scene or preset that references an asset shouldn't remove that asset as they may be other scenes or presets that need it.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

Ok that's clear. So before I enthusiastically delete the data/ asset files I better be sure no other scenes or custom files reference to it.

Thanks again.

• stitlownstitlown Posts: 276

I'm working with some scenes that have many assets in them (ie 50x G2M/F figures) and I'm trying to reduce each figure as much as possible. I've also "Texture Atlas"ed the figures in trying to make the texture file management a bit more tractible - trouble is that the TA UVs increase the file sizes.  Because of the range of prodcuts I have, my females now have 7 UV sets and I am presuming this adds to the file bulk - but is redundant for the TA'd figures. 

Obviously for future work, I need to base G2F/M figures to have all the original UV sets.

So, is there any way to somehow save may tailored figures and then delete or "unload" from them the 6 UV sets I do not need without messing around any new G2M/F I want to create???

Thanks in advance for any ideas.  Lx