MARCH MADNESS UPDATES!

Comments

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

Nope..the 50% is not working for me either..I have 4 items of the MM products in my cart and the 50% discount is not there :(

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Sadly since the Daz folk deserve a weekend off like everyone else, I doubt anything will be fixed until next week, so we're just going to have to wait and see what happens. No doubt the products will roll over at 00:00 and we'll find out if the 50% works on those tomorrow. Not holding my breath though :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

I've alerted Kevin to the problems with Jack's bundle and the RawArt store not getting the 50% discount for 2 or more items.

edited December 1969

2 items I have in my cart are RawArt and the other ones are 1 from IgnisSerpentus and 1 from CDI...50% is not showing up in my cart.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I think none of the items from stores that should be on sale today show the 50% discount. It is not just RawArt, it is all of them.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

I am having the same problem. I have a IgnisSerpentus product and a Valandar product in my cart and its not showing 50% off either.

-MJ

edited December 1969

I think none of the items from stores that should be on sale today show the 50% discount. It is not just RawArt, it is all of them.

Agreed ..I dont think the 50% is working for any of them

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

And once again, weekend snafus. But I want the product so I'll take a chance on a refund/credit.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited March 2013

I will try it with a refund ticket as well, since I do not have time to wait until (if at all) it gets fixed today.

Post edited by Proxima Shining on
  • kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Okay, here's a screen of my Cart. How does it look?

I'm asking because I bought the Aiko 5 Pro Bundle on launch day and looking at that discount doesn't really look of feel like a 50% deal...

Looking at that it seems you are getting the 30% PC discount then 50% that plus an additional 10% for the purchase of A5.
    This id from the base prices.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...change is not always good. "March Sadness" has turned into a "BOGO-like" affair. Used to be every featured store or item was a flat 50% off. Now you need at least two items to get the half price discount (which apparently is not working no doubt due to another Magento "glitch").

Being one who is on a tight budget (especially after a month that is two workdays short) I have to be selective about what I purchase and sometimes can/will only select one item from a daily featured store here and there (I really have to want it) . It used to be a different single store was priced at 50% each day (and what happened to Stonemason this year, his store usually kicks this thing off?) which was so nice and simple.

Now several stores are featured, but at only a 30% discount (unless again, one purchases additional items)

...and to reinforce the "BOGO" feel, if one had purchased one of the two items listed in the newsletter (AIko5 or Gerabalid's Hair plugin) before the sale, they receive and additional 10% (and no extra savings for PC members like in the past, thankfully I only paid 29$ for my renewal this year).

Really miss the vouchers this year too.

Placed a lot stuff on my wishlist over the last several months just in preparation for this sale. Will probably just stay there until I can afford them should my financial straits ever improve.

Once again, changes make shopping here a less enjoyable experience.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Last year was a BOGO affair also; only you had to buy today's item to get the additional discount on tomorrow's. It's actually _better_ this way. Not to mention that the extra 10% discount stacks on top of PA items, which is beyond what they've done in the past.

When things are working right, DO items are 68.5% off and PA items are 55% which is a steep discount, only really beaten by the occasional FastGrab showing at 70% off.

That said, complaining about not having enough money for March Madness is part of the tradition, and I'm certainly in the same boat! :)

-- Morgan

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    . . . you need at least two items to get the half price discount (which apparently is not working no doubt due to another Magento "glitch") . . .

Nasty glitches aside, if one of two of today's March Madness items needed to qualify for the 50% discount is the Platea Bundle, what's the other one? Of the four new MM items today, all three of the rest are in the bundle! :shut: Or is there one I'm not seeing?
  • Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Caput Caseum is one of today's MM items is it not?

edited March 2013

Greetings,

Kyoto Kid said:
    . . . you need at least two items to get the half price discount (which apparently is not working no doubt due to another Magento "glitch") . . .

Nasty glitches aside, if one of two of today's March Madness items needed to qualify for the 50% discount is the Platea Bundle, what's the other one? Of the four new MM items today, all three of the rest are in the bundle! :shut: Or is there one I'm not seeing?

Anything that has 'March Madness Pricing Applies'. So you could grad the Platea Bundle and...Toy Pony from RawArt (once RawArt's store is fixed), for example. Or you could get Toy Pony and Mattymanx's True Love, and get the discount. I mention that because it's precisely what I'm currently waiting on...very much want those two things. The Platea Bundle is awesome, wishlisted, and I'll never see it at this price again, but I will see it at a price that I can afford when I have more money in the bank.

[Edit: Just to be clear, the Platea Bundle is one of the items having trouble with MM pricing right now, just like RawArt's store, and some others.]

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Last year was a BOGO affair also; only you had to buy today's item to get the additional discount on tomorrow's. It's actually _better_ this way. Not to mention that the extra 10% discount stacks on top of PA items, which is beyond what they've done in the past.
    -- Morgan

...yes, but in past years, it wasn't a requirement for the entire sale, just a special one day bonus offer, and the base discount was still 50%. I think I cashed in only once on one of these deals as it was an item I really liked and the next day one of my favourite PA's store was featured.

Like I mentioned, on my budget, I have to be very selective in my buying. Last year I acquired a lot of content, however most of it was though individual item purchases. The few times I picked up more than one item in a day's buying was due to receiving extra discounts, vouchers, and the FastGrab.

...and that extra 10% is only contingent on having purchased one of two new releases that cost a minimum of 20$ (Aiko5).

It's not the same March Madness anymore.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Is there a mathematician in the house?

With Platea, Platea: Fallen and Temple of Mars in my cart, I get a discount of $18.21 (including bought-A5-extra-10% discount).

With the Platea Bundle and Temple of Mars, I get a discount of $9.74.

(This proves Temple of Mars — from the Roman category — is counting as buy-two-get-50%-off, if I take it out of the first cart the discount comes down, but it didn't come down if I tried adding or removing a non-MM item.)

All this fiddling about is complicated because the cart does not show the list price — it shows the 30% discounted price. I have to go back to New Releases or the individual store pages to see the list price, which should be the starting point for all discounts. If I do this, I see the first discount above is correct to within a cent or two. The second discount is way too low, it should be $41.19 instead of $9.74.

Can anyone figure out if the Platea bundle is actually counting towards buy-two-get-50% because I'm not seeing it.

• NaviNavi Posts: 443
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

It's not the same March Madness anymore.

It's difficult not to agree, I must say. The March Madness 'new style' is lacking visibility, to say the least (MM threads were very informative, despite being very hard to browse). Now we have to go through Checkout final step to ensure that yes, it works.

Good news are that hopefully, yes, it works, just got 2 great outfits from IgnisSerpentus at a great price :)

edited December 1969

No, the Platea bundle still does not have the 50% for two discount applied I'm afraid. Having stepped away from the site for most of the day, having returned I notice that some things are now working at least. I've done some trial and error with a few categories and the results are pretty random! For example, RawArt's category now has the 50% applied but completely ignores the extra 10% off the 50%, whereas both discounts work fine on FeralFey's category. The weirdest is Valandar's: I placed two older irems in my cart, the 50% was applied, but the extra 10% was only applied to one of the items, which is a new variant!! Regarding the Platea bundle, the 10% is applied but the 50% is still completely ignored, which in effect means the item costs about 10 bucks more than it should. The individual constituents were working however.

Hopefully once Daz has fixed everything we'll be given another chance, or a catch-up sale, in order to have the option to purchase the Platea bundle at the advertised deal price.

edited March 2013

Greetings,

[...deletia...]

Can anyone figure out if the Platea bundle is actually counting towards buy-two-get-50% because I'm not seeing it.

Well, I'm not a mathematician, but I am a programmer... :)

You're correct, it's currently not working on the bundle. They have, however, sort of...corrected RawArt's stuff. I think.

I have to figure out the numbers again... The Toy Pony is $12.95 base, True Love is $17.95 base. That's $30.90. 55% off that should be 13.90. I'm getting $14.56. So RawArt's store is recognizing the 50%, but not the 10%.

(12.95 * 0.5) + (17.95 * 0.5 * 0.9) = $14.5525

The fundamental answer is that the Platea bundle is still not working at all, and RawArt's store is...still wrong, but weirdly wrong now.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

Since the Platea bundle isn't working I just bought the Platea and the Freak Sweater and got all the discounts.

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

[...deletia...]

Well, I'm not a mathematician, but I am a programmer... :)

You're correct, it's currently not working on the bundle. They have, however, sort of...corrected RawArt's stuff. I think.

I have to figure out the numbers again... The Toy Pony is $12.95 base, True Love is $17.95 base. That's $30.90. 55% off that should be 13.90. I'm getting $14.56. It's like instead of swapping the 30% for 50% off, they added a new rule that took 25% off if another MM item was in the cart with a RawArt item.

That would be $30.90*(30%*25%*10%) or ~$14.60. If you presume they're truncating the percentages at one decimal place, you can get close to $14.58, but...it just makes no sense. There's clearly a rule that alters the base percentage from 30% to 50% that has been applied to all the other items, but not the RawArt items. Maybe the folks who fix up the store on the weekends don't know the Magento rules that are being applied to the other items?

The fundamental answer is that the Platea bundle is still not working at all, and RawArt's store is...still wrong, but weirdly wrong now.

-- Morgan

Seems like you and I were going through a similar process concurrently, and reaching the same conclusion that it's all a bit weird! Now I don't know whether to go ahead and pay about $14 too much and hope for a refund, buy the Plateau bundle and RawArt items individually and lose about $4, or give up an go to bed. Gravitating towards the last option. This sale is becoming such an ordeal mathematically, and now my head hurts :lol:

edited December 1969

Greetings,

Dr Stupid said:
    Seems like you and I were going through a similar process concurrently, and reaching the same conclusion that it's all a bit weird! Now I don't know whether to go ahead and pay about $14 too much and hope for a refund, buy the Plateau bundle and RawArt items individually and lose about $4, or give up an go to bed. Gravitating towards the last option. This sale is becoming such an ordeal mathematically, and now my head hurts :lol:

Yours was a much simpler explanation, and comes to within three-quarters of a penny of the right answer, so I've corrected mine as Occam's razor would suggest.

For me, since The Bundle isn't involved, I'm only looking at a delta of about $0.65, which I'm considering just eating and being done with it for the day.

-- Morgan

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Another weirdness — on the MM page itself, there are links to the Roman and Gladiator categories.

They're the same.

Was DAZ that desparate for an extra category to fill out the whole line of buttons to push, or something...? :-S

And still no fix yet for the Platea bundle. Are they going to fix it, or just let the refund tickets pile up?

• fayriefayrie Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

i was hoping that by the time i had gotten off work rawns items would be priced on sale right and that the discounts would be working *sighs* now i dont know what to do the forest king is showing no discount at all and when combines with other items it still isnt....

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Dr Stupid said:

Yours was a much simpler explanation, and comes to within three-quarters of a penny of the right answer, so I've corrected mine as Occam's razor would suggest.

For me, since The Bundle isn't involved, I'm only looking at a delta of about $0.65, which I'm considering just eating and being done with it for the day.

-- Morgan

I decided to hell with it and just went ahead and got the Platea separate items and the RawArt item I wanted anyway. It ended up costing me $4.20 more than it should, but I still got about a 48.5% discount and I'm happy with that. I really can't be bothered to try for a rebate. Let's hope the next batch of March Madness items actually work in the sale as they should!

Time for bed, said Zebedee :-)

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

fayrie said:
    i was hoping that by the time i had gotten off work rawns items would be priced on sale right and that the discounts would be working *sighs* now i dont know what to do the forest king is showing no discount at all and when combines with other items it still isnt....

The Forest King and Masters of Fantasy from Rawn are probably excluded beacuse they are too new. Usually things released within the last 60 days are excluded from these types of sales.

• fayriefayrie Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

fayrie said:

The Forest King and Masters of Fantasy from Rawn are probably excluded beacuse they are too new. Usually things released within the last 60 days are excluded from these types of sales.

yeah i was afraid of that so i guess i will wait till the end of the month and see if there is a catch up day... if not i will grab it up anyways lol
    thank you though :)

edited December 1969

fayrie said:

...I don't recall that being an issue in previous years MM sales.

Yep, just checked the MM email announcement from last year. Nothing about newer items being excluded.

It also mentions:

Save up to 70%* on Brand New Products
    with Daily Discounts & Crazy Coupons

*Includes Platinum Club Discount

This year, the PC discount only applies to DO's.

As a matter of fact , looking at this year's MM page the only exclusions I see are for 1.99$ & 2.99$ items.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to say thank you to Cypherfox for helping mathematically challenged people like me (and I liked maths at school ... go figure).