Fix the Browser issue of seeing someone elses name

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

I don't know if that is true or not but it seems logical.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

I was next to a web developer when it popped back up again yesterday. It appears to be an issue they continue to track down.

Just remember that it will not let anyone access the secure data in your account. You are safe, it's just a display issue.

We are working hard to fix this problem.

That was a fun moment, i bet! I wish all you guys the best luck as you track the issue to its lair and battle it down.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

At the moment it keeps tellin me that I am not me, but I am me, honest. :smirk:

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Was trying the store for the first time and when I went to check out I noticed that I seemed to be logged in to the wrong account (image). Logged out and logged back in and I got a different account not my own. I decided to cancel the purchase for fear of charging to the wrong account.
    Could be just a display problem, but I'm a little concerned about security with the Safari (5.1.7) browser.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited June 2012

This is a known issue - aside from seeing an unknown person's name (which you shouldn't post, please) it isn't a security breach - if you try going to any private areas you will get your own, or will be prompted to log in and then get your own. Merged with the main thread on the issue.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

I was next to a web developer when it popped back up again yesterday. It appears to be an issue they continue to track down.

Just remember that it will not let anyone access the secure data in your account. You are safe, it's just a display issue.

We are working hard to fix this problem.

I appreciate the agonies they must be going through trying to track down the rogue code......

While you are here, I have a different display issue - quite trivial but I'm perplexed and wondered if anyone could shed any light on why this is happening, since no-one else has reported this problem to my knowledge (and obviously I don't wish to bother the techs about it right now.) :) I believe the problem may have started after clearing cache/cookies the very first time it was advised, but am not sure on that one. In the beginning I was able to see smileys in the forum at all times, now I am only able to see them when logged out. As soon as I log in and the page is refreshed, the smileys disappear and all I can see is the text equivalent. I have checked the html on the same page when logged in and logged out and indeed the smileys are not there when logged in.

For instance:

THANK YOU smile

= html with smiley showing when not logged in

THANK YOU :)

= html with smiley not showing when logged in

I can't understand why I should be able to see them when not logged in in exactly the same browser session. Any ideas?

edited December 1969

It seems to be an intermittent problem. Others have had the issue to. One day they will show and another day they won't.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

From experience, tracking down and resolving issues where caching is involved is a right, royal pain. Good luck and many cups of coffee to those workong on it! :)

edited December 1969

Oh, I didn't realise it had been reported by others, Frank. When I first mentioned it, last week or the week before maybe, I was advised that no-one else was seeing that problem. I have to say that it isn't intermittent for me, whenever I am logged out I can see the smileys in everyone's posts and whenever I am logged in I can't. I can still access the smileys on the reply page, click on them and insert them, but when I then look at the post on the thread page the smileys are not there. Weird.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

It always tells me I am me, but I'm not so sure.

The site tends to slow down and have more glitches at night DAZ time, because they tend to work on things then as the site is less busy.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

It always tells me I am me, but I'm not so sure.

The site tends to slow down and have more glitches at night DAZ time, because they tend to work on things then as the site is less busy.
    It tells me all the time I'm not me.... so I got a bit of a shock when it asked me: Not Jeanne M? :lol:

Anyhow, I really hope it will be fixed and I wish the web team all the luck they'll need. :)

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

It tells me I'm me but gives me the wrong wishlist until I log out and log back in

edited June 2012

Yes, same here. I forgot to mention in my post about the wishlist... WOW!! I think sometimes there are more things on my -presumed!!!- wishlist than there are in the store!! :lol:

Post edited by Jeanne M on
    edited December 1969

I always get hte same wishlist. 695 items in it. Verses my 2

edited December 1969

I emptied mine the other day... was a bit frustrated at the time. And now I'll plan to fill it again once everything is in order. Do you think I have to wait for a long time? ;-P

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

It hardly ever tells me I'm anyone - just offers Log In or Register.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I am optimistic -- I just tested my usual tricks, and other things, and both wishlist and no wrong name were stable; wishlist was mine and I did not see any names. So clear cache, cookies, and let's see if others experience the same...

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I am optimistic -- I just tested my usual tricks, and other things, and both wishlist and no wrong name were stable; wishlist was mine and I did not see any names. So clear cache, cookies, and let's see if others experience the same...

Also saw Perfectly Sensible Behaviour for the first time today. When I logged in, I noticed that the 'Remember Me' (which had no discernible effect even in the previous site) is gone. Coincidence? Anyway, cautious optimism. Hope the web programmers can go home this weekend feeling satisfied that this, at least, is finally fixed.

edited December 1969

Yay - I've seen no problems so far (except for the niggly smileys one, where I can't see them in posts if I'm logged in)! :) I really hope that this is the beginning of the site being back to 'normal'. Thanks to all the busy workers who've made these fixes - we do appreciate it!!!

• edited June 2012

Well at you you all are someone, even if it's someone other than yourself. ;)

I started out being someone. Then became someone else.

Now, I'm no one!!!

Yep, that's right. The only thing I see after I logging in, regardless of what page I'm on is:

"Log Out"

Do you think they're trying to tell me something? ;)

*edit - Oops! I see Richard is having the same issue. :lol: *

Post edited by i-luv-2-read_99e6eb2b4f on
  • Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Now, I'm no one!!!

Yep, that's right. The only thing I see after I logging in, regardless of what page I'm on is:

"Log Out"

"Logout," normally indicates that you are successful logged in. To verify check your account details. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Now, I'm no one!!!

"Log Out"

Well I think that may be better than being told "not My Name" when I entered. I was wondering who I was if I wasn't me.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Now, I'm no one!!!

"Log Out"

Well I think that may be better than being told "not My Name" when I entered. I was wondering who I was if I wasn't me.

There are so many of me running around in my head that I could be just about anyone at any given time. :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Now, I'm no one!!!

"Log Out"

There are so many of me running around in my head that I could be just about anyone at any given time. :-)

Kendall

Hah - yes I can identify with this one! Urmm.....you're not me are you.....?!? :)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm not really seeing other people's names anymore. I'm not even seeing my own either, just "Log Out". My Wishlist and Cart are as they should be as well.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

It's been looking good for the past couple of days. I think they tracked down, and eradicated all the troublesome code and errors.

I knew you guys could do it. Thanks for all your hard work, dedication, and not saying "Aw, F**k it! Let's just close everything down, and forget it".

I, for one, am glad you are still around and chugging at it DAZ. Remember your mantra; "I think I can... I think I can... I think I can".

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    It's been looking good for the past couple of days. I think they tracked down, and eradicated all the troublesome code and errors.

I knew you guys could do it. Thanks for all your hard work, dedication, and not saying "Aw, F**k it! Let's just close everything down, and forget it".

I, for one, am glad you are still around and chugging at it DAZ. Remember your mantra; "I think I can... I think I can... I think I can".

I thought that was a train.

Improvements here and there are happening ever so slowly, but at least they are getting things tracked down and fixed. I still keep getting logged out while in the forums though.

edited December 1969

We all keep getting logged out of the forums. Especially annoying when its during a reply.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    We all keep getting logged out of the forums. Especially annoying when its during a reply.

I keep copying the contents of my replies to the clipboard, just in case. :-)

Kendall

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

I keep copying the contents of my replies to the clipboard, just in case. :-)

Kendall

Anything long winded I type in Word Pad, then copy and paste.