[SOLVED?] maleposererotica down?

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,171
edited March 2013 in The Commons

I haven't been able to get a response from MalePoserotica for over a month. I don't go there often but do like to peek in once in a while.

I know they had a major hack several months ago and redesigned the site and it was listed as "temporary until new store launch". Then it was up for a while but now I get no response at all.

Am I the only one who can't see it?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Seems to be working here.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

what's the most popular figure in male poser otica dom? does it have all the necessary morphs for the theme?

thanks

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,171
    edited February 2013

araneldon said:
    Seems to be working here.

Hmmm. where is "here". I'm in the USA near Buffalo, NY.

I still can't see it. I even changed my DNS servers and tried other computers. I even re-enabled JAVA but knew that wouldn't work because I can't even get connected to the page. :-(

Can you PM me the URL address you use? We don't want to violate this forum's TOS 8-o

PS: I'm not asking about "poserotica" I'm asking about "maleposerotica"

edited February 2013

what's the most popular figure in male poser otica dom? does it have all the necessary morphs for the theme?

thanks

It has(had) an extensive gallery, and the store has a few interesting items. I suspect the most popular items are the Ulf toast and its various morphs & textures.

• Drew ZantiDrew Zanti Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm able to see the temporary blog at maleposerotica from the UK, the site it seems is still being recreated. I think I remember a post saying some of the store items are available at digitalmales.com

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Oh my word. I did not know those sites existed.

edited February 2013

anikad said:
    Oh my word. I did not know those sites existed.

Is that good news or bad news???

Regardless, unfortunately for me, they don't any more. :-( I still can't reach the store page at all but someone did point me to the gallery that is not under the same URL as the store and I can see that.

edited December 1969

hmmm says - Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies

edited February 2013

Curiously I also cannot connect the camera review website "www.dpreview.com" that I've used for years. I keep getting "waiting for response from www.dpreview.com" and the cursor just sits there and spins and never times out. (well, maybe it does but after several minutes I just give up) :-(

Edited to add: Nope, it just spins forever. It does this on several of my computers. (three of them) This isn't just a recent problem. I've noticed this for at least a month.

• AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited December 1969

Curiously I also cannot connect the camera review website "www.dpreview.com" that I've used for years. I keep getting "waiting for response from www.dpreview.com" and the cursor just sits there and spins and never times out. (well, maybe it does but after several minutes I just give up) :-(

Edited to add: Nope, it just spins forever. It does this on several of my computers. (three of them) This isn't just a recent problem. I've noticed this for at least a month.

Check your browser. Try clearing out all of your cookies & cache. I've noticed that the last couple of Firefox updates have been giving sluggish or oddball results when connecting to (or trying to connect to) some sites. I alternate between Chrome & Firefox at this point (and use IE only when I "have" to for client testing etc...

edited February 2013

Tried clearing my cache, tried another browser, restarted my DSL modem, and router, reset my browser security options back to default values. Still no cigar. :-(

Finally went to Google and asked "can't reach dpreview" and found an entry at the top of the list that looked like my exact situation but it's on the dpreview website so I can't read it. :( A real catch22 situation. Could someone read that and let me know what it says? Please.
    forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/7397260

Also, more Googleing dug up references to "black holeing" where entire blocks of IP addresses are blocked from a website which results in a perpetually unanswering website. How the hexx do you work around that situation if you only have one ISP?
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=62569.0

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I recently purchased the new Gens created by Jepe. The site worked fine for me, and the transaction.

• ramble1035ramble1035 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I can successfully connect (from a Mac in California) to both sites, the maleposer site and dpreview forums. So they're up...

As noted, the maleposer site is undergoing a move, so the current site is temporary. Freebies and the store are available at alternate sites (Poseraddicts and freebies.mpe3d.com), but no preview pictures.

As for dpreview, there are a bunch of answers to that --

"I tried again, but from a PC connected "directly" to the internet (through cable modem) and it worked."

"delete his temp files (clear the cache in the browser) and then try again."

"Phil sometimes bans blocks of IP addresses in order to stop a particular forum abuser, troll etc. This block is usually temporary. Phil should be able to help with this."

"Had to do with a problem on his firewall (Zone Alarm). Go figure. Shut it down, started it back up and it worked."

Take your pick... :)

edited December 1969

I can successfully connect (from a Mac in California) to both sites, the maleposer site and dpreview forums. So they're up...

As noted, the maleposer site is undergoing a move, so the current site is temporary. Freebies and the store are available at alternate sites (Poseraddicts and freebies.mpe3d.com), but no preview pictures.

As for dpreview, there are a bunch of answers to that --

"I tried again, but from a PC connected "directly" to the internet (through cable modem) and it worked."

"delete his temp files (clear the cache in the browser) and then try again."

"Phil sometimes bans blocks of IP addresses in order to stop a particular forum abuser, troll etc. This block is usually temporary. Phil should be able to help with this."

"Had to do with a problem on his firewall (Zone Alarm). Go figure. Shut it down, started it back up and it worked."

Take your pick... :)

Thank you muchly for the very useful information. :)

edited December 1969

oh, so that is ulf. hmm, my kobolds could use a version

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

I much prefer Adzan's HiroGens myself. Fortunately Jepe has a pack for that one too. :)

edited March 2013

OK, I think I solved it. I checked my DSL modem and my router settings. I didn't modify anything on the DSL modem but I did modify the firewall settings of the router. I had recently (about a month ago) gotten paranoid and enabled all sorts of filtering through the router. Today I tried to check my lottery ticket and was unable to get into the NY State lottery website. Being unable to determine if I was a millionaire was the panic button that prompted me to get off my butt and get serious about solving this. So, I went back in to my router control panel and completely disabled the router firewall and, viola! I now have access to both "maleposerotica" and "dpreview", as well as the all important lotto page. Yea! :-)

However, running without a firewall scares the pants off me, so I re-enabled the firewall without changing any of the individual settings. But contrary to my expectations, I can still access those sites! 8-o I'm sooooo confused.... Perhaps getting access once was enough to lay down a path or set cookies or something but for now I'm pretty sure it was firewall issues that originally kept me from working.

I may have to reboot the computer and experiment some more to finally determine why I was blocked but for now I'm taking a guess that it was the filtering of JAVA that was the original cause of the problem. I've now gone back into the router control panel and disabled the filtering of JAVA. I still have access to those websites but I'll watch this situation for a few days and through several reboots to see if the problem is really gone.

edited December 1969

I much prefer Adzan's HiroGens myself. Fortunately Jepe has a pack for that one too. :)

i might prefer it too if i knew where to find it :)

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited December 1969

i might prefer it too if i knew where to find it :)

At maleposerotica under freebies

edited December 1969

waiting for them to approve my login to look at the gallery. ... if they do. sigh

edited December 1969

still no love from them. all my Lord Oberon renders and nowhere to drop them. :roll:

• Drew ZantiDrew Zanti Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OK, I think I solved it..

At least a part resolution, hope it stays fixed for you.

edited March 2013

OK, I think I solved it..

At least a part resolution, hope it stays fixed for you.

Well, it's been almost two weeks and the problem hasn't returned. :-)

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • ProFotografProFotograf Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Oh boy I didn't even know this thread existed!!!!

Ok, I guess this may help everyone to understand what is going on.

MPE II - the former Maleposer*t*ca, was hacked in August 2012. A huge chunk of the data was damaged beyond repair, and around 200,000 bogus accounts were somehow pumped into the databases, and had to be removed. In addition, somehow via the content management system (CMS) which was running Joomla, as the store and site front end, the hackers managed to get into the actual server space and literally wiped out every single file there was in there. Programs, download files, images, everything.

As I was travelling in Spain at the time, I was not aware this had happened until a user in Barcelona asked me what was going on with the site and why couldn't he buy anything.

I was not at the home office where all the data was stored, and returned 2 weeks later to find out that the hosting provider did not have a rolling backup of the database nor of the server space itself.

My backups of the store and galleries were older than the last updated modifications to the system and the store, which did not allow me to restore or enable the site to fully functional health. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place and had to quickly make a decision as to what to do to get the store up and running.

I went out and purchased an expensive store software which is the same that RDNA is running, and managed to pull all the store sales data and customer data and product data from the parallel database which I maintained for testing on another location. I had to eliminate the bogus 200,000 customers and weed through all the bogus users in the system, they were inserted ALL OVER the database, not just at the end.

Keep in mind, I am not a software programmer or developer, but a photographer and 3D graphics artist, I have been flying by the seat of my pants to get things up and running. First thing that was absolutely necessary to do was to get the Galleries back up to help others keep in touch and present their works and share comments etc. I managed to completely rebuild the galleries without losing a single image or user (who had actually posted or commented or voted on anything, lurkers were not kept for safety's sake).

The new store site I am building up carefully and restoring everything from the Vendors, to the Products to the Customers, keeping their linked information intact... which is a hair-raising job, considering I am not a programmer. I had asked the community for help, and to date no one has offered to share their knowledge of Web programming (PHP/MySQL/HTML/CSS) and so I have been doing it all on my own.

I have the store restored and rebuilt into a brand new layout and look with brand new software to about 90% at this point, and will be releasing it soon, but in between there was a big interruption -- I and my company moved to Berlin, Germany, and that took time and effort to get everything moved and re-setup.

The move to Berlin is now complete, and the system here is setup and I am now moving forward with the relaunch of MPE.

The site name will be changed, mainly to protect the innocent (from seeing those evil words banned by Microsoft's Blacklist Search Engine:

Male
    Poser
    Erotica

Apparently the word male is a bad word, and Poser apparently has roots in Pr0n. And well Erotica is self explanatory.

So the site will maintain its nickname which was the abbreviation: M P E

And since its the third iteration of the site, and we are all doing 3D stuff, it was appropriate to name it MPE3D.

The site will be completely newly branded as well. New logo, new site, new stuff, etc.

The various community parts are split up, to protect the store in the future from what happened before... So the Galleries are separate and on a completely different server. But a subdomain of the main site location.

Simply use the word "galleries" and a dot prior to the name of the site to find it.

For the galleries, again, you will need to re-signup if you never posted or don't have an album there or if you never commented or voted on an image in the old system.

And yes ----- I am manually turning on accounts. Every day the gallery software is being pumped full of bogus accounts, it seems that all sorts of Open Source software is being subjected to hackers, and Coppermine Gallery is no exception. So I am weeding through the registrations by asking all who are HUMANS to write a text into one of the fields and to tell me what type of 3D stuff they are interested in, as the hackers simply flood the fields with garbage.

Its a pain in the butt but I have at least got everyone setup who is human.

Hope that clarifies alot for you all... and yes, some of the supporting products created by Jepe are available on PoserAddicts if you need them, however, there are NO product images on there that would be deemed offensive to the payment processing services. So to see that stuff you'll need to use the old URL to see the Blog site and look at the product listings.

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
    Antonio (aka ProFotograf)

PS: if anyone needs their account to be turned on in the galleries feel free to email me about it, telling me your nickname on there, and I will take care of it for you.

• ProFotografProFotograf Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Last evening I went thru and eliminated over 250 spam/garbage accounts with bogus email addresses and only garbage in the question fields. I found everyone who kindly stated where they were from and that they were human, in those fields. And activated around 38 new gallery users last night. I emailed everyone with the fact they were activated.

I'm sorry it took longer than planned. The main PC with all the database query data was taken apart and I am pulling the routines off of individual hard drives, by using a SATA Drop-In hard drive reader. Moving all this stuff after 12 years of operations has been a royal pain.

If anyone has skills in PHP or MySQL and would REALLY be interested in helping, just let me know..

Anyhow, everyone should be up to date, and registered.

Greetz,
    Antonio

edited December 1969

Last evening I went thru and eliminated over 250 spam/garbage accounts with bogus email addresses and only garbage in the question fields. I found everyone who kindly stated where they were from and that they were human, in those fields. And activated around 38 new gallery users last night. I emailed everyone with the fact they were activated.

I'm sorry it took longer than planned. The main PC with all the database query data was taken apart and I am pulling the routines off of individual hard drives, by using a SATA Drop-In hard drive reader. Moving all this stuff after 12 years of operations has been a royal pain.

If anyone has skills in PHP or MySQL and would REALLY be interested in helping, just let me know..

Anyhow, everyone should be up to date, and registered.

Greetz,
    Antonio

Thank you for all your efforts. I know it's a monster job doing things manually. 10 years ago I could probably have helped but I've been out of the game for so long that I don't even know the new programming and scripting languages. I used to be able to build simple read-only HTML websites but got out of that business when CSS and FLASH and PERL and interactive sites were what people wanted. My old brain just doesn't grok things like it used to. :-( I tried though. I shelled out $400 for a copy of DreamweaverCS4 to try to automate some of the process but the culture shock was too much and I gave up. It's what finally convinced me that I was getting old. Want a copy of DreamweaverCS4 on the cheap? I can transfer the license.

edited December 1969

Guten Tag.

adding thanks, too. Friendly galleries are a ++ to our cosmos. :)