LAMH PLAYER: Open Beta... Renders and Discussions Thread. 1.5.13 UPDATE READY!

Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
edited October 2014 in The Commons

Hello guys and gals, the LAMH Player Open Beta has finally arrived and here we can post renders and discuss it!

The player is available at the following links:

http://www.furrythings.com/LAMHPlayer/LAMH_Player_manual.pdf
http://www.furrythings.com/LAMHPlayer/LAMHPlayer.WIN64.zip
http://www.furrythings.com/LAMHPlayer/LAMHPlayer.WIN32.zip
http://www.furrythings.com/LAMHPlayer/LAMHPlayer.OSX.zip

As from previous information, the FREE LAMH Player, featuring a useful and simple pane, allows to load any pre-made Look at my Hair preset or .duf scene, modify colour and shader properties, hair count, pose/shape transform and render!

The Player will allow even to export to OBJ as well!

We have bundled also a brand new "Human Hair Shader", which will add a higher degree of realism to your human figures.

Stay tuned for more exciting news and be sure to visit LAMH's blog at www.furrythings.com, and the FB page at: www.facebook.com/LookAtMyHair

Note for LAMH 1.0 users: the player will interfere with your plugin's operations. In case you would like to try the player, please move the lookatmyhair.dll/dylib to a backup folder before trying the player.

It looks like I forgot to mention something VERY important: in case of issues, please email us the Studio log file and LAMH log file (Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/logfile.txt) at the following addresses:

info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @)
krsears_at_gmail.com (replace _at_ with @)

Thanks for the cooperation

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Does the happy dance!

Wahoo come get it folks! Free hair!

:D

And I'll make hair styles for first 3 beta people to comment here :D STEP RIGHT UP!
    Oh my giddy day! I'm so excited :D

I haven't even had ONE CUP of coffee yet this morning either.... okay well I'm sick with pneumonia and not supposed to drink coffee right now.... so the excitement shall suffice!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :D

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

I'm glad I've started using Genesis :red:

Now I can see if the GenX V4/M4 will work so I can give my Les Miz characters better looking hair :cheese:

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Fantastic!

Can we get the shader for the normal plugin too?

edited December 1969

I'm glad I've started using Genesis :red:

Now I can see if the GenX V4/M4 will work so I can give my Les Miz characters better looking hair :cheese:

You can use LAMH on ALL characters not just genesis! I already made one V4 hair and I can gladly make more.... in the middle of making a "fantasy" (erm...mermaid hair) style for V4 now actually...... ^^

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Fantastic!

Oh, yes. And more. Be a little patient as we finalize an intermediate update for the 1.0 Plugin.

Kendall

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Fantastic!

Absolutely, upcoming updates will integrate the human hair shader as well.

• edited December 1969

Awesome, I was impatiently waiting for this! I can't wait to try it on some human models I'm designing. And thanks for making it free too!

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited February 2013

The new shader renders beyond awesome!!!!! Thank you!!!!
    Click on the picture for 1200x1200 pixels.

LAMHplayer_1_09_Spot600pct_Col_198_246_255_PWFixingSplotches.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 449K
    Post edited by ReDave on
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    The new shader renders beyond awesome!!!!! Thank you!!!!
    Click on the picture for 1200x1200 pixels.

Thanks to you Dave, I'm glad you like it!

edited December 1969

That's mainly because it is that good. ;-) Can't wait to get more experience with it and improve my renders even more! I'm going to try a new scene after lunch.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Initial results are astounding. I've only been playing with this for a short while, but with such great results so quickly I'm definitely looking to put LAMH to the top of my wish list. Are there any videos for LAMH I could take a look at to see the process behind creating your own hairstyles?

edited December 1969

Initial results are astounding. I've only been playing with this for a short while, but with such great results so quickly I'm definitely looking to put LAMH to the top of my wish list. Are there any videos for LAMH I could take a look at to see the process behind creating your own hairstyles?

Hi, thank you very much for your kind feedback. We have made a first set of basic tutorials, which are available here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_JdHHW5yFwbqeq6aJzKtfEdbpt9k4HY6&feature=view_all, that showcase all basic features and tools available in current 1.0 version.
    We are working hard on upcoming 1.1 update, which will greatly improve styling even further, so you can expect to see a second set of more advanced tutorials hitting soon.

BTW, I checked your DA page, you have some great renders in there, congratulations!

edited February 2013

Thanks for the compliment Looks like there might be a couple of bugs to iron out though. Got this error while applying an expression pose using the beta and it crashed Daz Studio.

Capture.PNG
    549 x 523 - 67K
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited February 2013

Thanks for the compliment Looks like there might be a couple of bugs to iron out though. Got this error while applying an expression pose using the beta and it crashed Daz Studio.

There certainly are bugs. Thanks for the report. Would you be so kind to email me the file: Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/logfile.txt and the Studio log file, so that we can take a look?
    Thnaks very much!

Email is: info_at_alessandromastronardi.com

• explicit_wordsexplicit_words Posts: 10
    edited February 2013

Wahoo come get it folks! Free hair!

:D

And I'll make hair styles for first 3 beta people to comment here :D STEP RIGHT UP!

Speaking of free hair, did you ever pick a winner in your gray hair contest to receive a free copy of LAMH?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13564/

Post edited by explicit_words on
  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Just wondering, how does the included hair shafer differ from that which is installed with LAMH 1.0? The files appear to be the same size and are all dated October/November of last year.

edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:
    Just wondering, how does the included hair shafer differ from that which is installed with LAMH 1.0? The files appear to be the same size and are all dated October/November of last year.

Hi, the shader you are referring to is used on the model surface, in LAMH. The human hair shader is hard coded. If you try the player, you will see that switching from Standard Fur to Human Hair Shader will imply a noticeable difference.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:

Hi, the shader you are referring to is used on the model surface, in LAMH. The human hair shader is hard coded. If you try the player, you will see that switching from Standard Fur to Human Hair Shader will imply a noticeable difference.

Ok I understand! I only bought LAMH a few days ago so it's all new to me. Looking forward to trying it out, and the player. Thanks for the quick reply :)

edited December 1969

YES :D

edited February 2013

There certainly are bugs. Thanks for the report. Would you be so kind to email me the file: Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/logfile.txt and the Studio log file, so that we can take a look?
    Thnaks very much!

No such directory. Is that folder only created for the full release?

Anyway, here's the end result using 100,000 hairs (to equal the average amount a person actually has). Not too bad for a quick render, even with raytracing and occlusion.

LAMH.jpg
    575 x 728 - 461K
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

Thnaks very much!

Well, now that you tell that... I think so! :)
    If it's not a problem, you may create it manually so that next times the log file will be there. Thanks

edited December 1969

Here is the new render I promised. I think I've got the specularity on the side hair about right, but the top may need some work?

Pensive_1200x1200_PW.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 263K
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    Here is the new render I promised. I think I've got the specularity on the side hair about right, but the top may need some work?

Probably adding a spotlight would do, and also tuning down longitudinal width will help achieving more reflectivity... Good render anyway :)

• fairyfantasticfairyfantastic Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

do u need the lamh main program to use this beta

edited February 2013

fairy_37 said:
    do u need the lamh main program to use this beta

Hi, no you don't. The Player is standalone and FREE. :)

edited December 1969

thnks i have downloaded jut in case but it wont work i got an error i have attached pic

lamh_plugin.PNG
    552 x 536 - 91K
    edited February 2013

fairy_37 said:
    thnks i have downloaded jut in case but it wont work i got an error i have attached pic

What steps did you take to get the error? Please try to load Genesis, select it, and then try to load a hair preset for it (see at www.furrythings.com/presets/), we got many there...

If you get into trouble again, would you please be so kind to send the following info?

"in case of issues, please email us the Studio log file and LAMH log file (Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/logfile.txt) at the following addresses:

info_at_alessandromastronardi.com
    krsears_at_gmail.com

"

edited December 1969

did all the steps first then i get error thn daz cashed

edited December 1969

Thnaks very much!

Anyway, here's the end result using 100,000 hairs (to equal the average amount a person actually has). Not too bad for a quick render, even with raytracing and occlusion.

Nice render, maybe adding a spotlight and tuning some of the HHS parameters as explained in the manual will produce more contrast and brightness on hair.

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

These are some renders I threw together using LAMH player. :)

This is pretty awesome, I didn't have to go the Surface Tab to change the colors.

Alexa

Sal-hair-back.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 352K
    Sal-hair-angle.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 282K
    Sal-hair-side.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 275K
    Sal-hair-front.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 247K