Difficulty downloading huge file

Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
edited February 2013 in The Commons

I got an network error message while I was downloading Ron's Apocalypse as it wasn't listed in DIM (DAZ Install Manager). Screenshot follows, I'm using Chrome, and never had this problem before. Maybe it's because it's 511 MB's in size??? Solution seems to break down in size, so you don't end up wasting a lot of bandwidth if something hiccups.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on

Comments

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Same error with Ron's Frost.... :shut:

Unknown_network-error2.jpg
    743 x 324 - 43K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

Have you tried using a different browser?

• ArkathanArkathan Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem yesterday with Opera.
    Had to use IE to get anything. Still using IE, and we hates it...
    Couldn't use the DIM, because everything I install with the DIM claims a missing file and comes into the scene looking like the old IK block man.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited February 2013

Arkathan said:
    I had the same problem yesterday with Opera.
    Had to use IE to get anything. Still using IE, and we hates it...
    Couldn't use the DIM, because everything I install with the DIM claims a missing file and comes into the scene looking like the old IK block man.

I had that happening too and it was because my path to installed files was incorrect, once I changed the path under content DB it was all good. check your content paths :)

EDIT: referring to the blockman genesis

Post edited by Kharma on
    edited February 2013

I'll see if IE works. I use Chrome, btw, and have not had this issue before...

Edit. I managed to download Ron's Frost using IE.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • ArkathanArkathan Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Kharma, I'll try that.

Norse, I have always used Opera here. This weekend was the first time I've had problems not related to my local IPS.

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've been having problems, too, and this has happened before. I believe it was back during a sale in August.

edited December 1969

Well, it seems there's a difference between browsers, surprisingly so - and I wonder why. Timeout during download?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Well, it seems there's a difference between browsers, surprisingly so - and I wonder why. Timeout during download?

One of the reasons...yes. Also the number of connections per server has some influence...some browsers only use a single connection per server for downloads, others use more than one. There's several other internal settings that influence download behavior, besides those, but those two are probably the biggest ones.