AIKO 5 and March Madness

ServantServant Posts: 756
edited February 2013 in The Commons

I'm ahead of most of you guys in terms of Time Zone, and when I checked, the sale promo popped up (no items yet, but that should update before noon U.S. time). Well, looks like we were right. Aiko 5 was being reserved for the last week of February and tied to March Madness (though the details aren't quite clear). So, it looks like there is a big savings blowout for March and if you get Aiko 5, you get more.

As for A5 herself, she certainly doesn't look like a partner for Hiro 5... more like a cross between Aiko 4 and Stephanie 5 as an ingenue Cosplayer look.

http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/

No info yet, but as I mentioned before, I hope there's a Legacy Installer. Otherwise, good as she looks, she's another purchase I'm not making (as with F5 and the YT).

Addenda:

Well, products are up, and yep, no Legacy Installer for A5. One more major purchase I'm not making for the time being. Love you, DAZ, but if your PAs take the time and effort to make Legacy Installers, not doing the same just looks badly on you (and you lose potential income, too).

Post edited by Servant on

Comments

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited February 2013

Sigh but my paycheck comes in the next 2 days :(

Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Yup, she's in the store here in CA. WOW.... Didn't expect a late Sunday early Monday release. Total surprise. Off to look her over....

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Yup, she's in the store here in CA. WOW.... Didn't expect a late Sunday early Monday release. Total surprise. Off to look her over....

That's probably what the maintenance done over the weekend was for, so that the shop updates automatically to show the promos.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

I'm wondering what is meant by "buy Aiko 5 now and save even more on March Madness".
    I just got the email newsletter and I'm dying to get A5, but I want to wait and see what that means as I've noticed that often prices change etc from when the newsletter goes out ad stuff is released, and later on.

edited February 2013

jakiblue said:
    I'm wondering what is meant by "buy Aiko 5 now and save even more on March Madness".

Likely it will mean the system will record your purchase and make your account eligible for more discounts when March Madness hits. A recent similar sale promo was done with Freak 5 where you got the free Hammer Down and Axes of Legend if you already purchased the base F5 prior. Another one was the Huntsman (before it was pulled) where the discount was higher (I think it was an additional 120% if memory serves me right)if Red was purchased the week before.

• SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Well damn :long:
    Is Aiko no longer an anime figure? ...because there isn't a great deal about Aiko 5 that looks very anime
    I am very disappointed! Hiro 5 looked great why does Aiko 5 look so terrible?

also
    "This Beautiful character was expertly designed and crafted by using highly detailed scan data from a live model"
    Why the heck would you do something like that for a anime character, anime is all about stylisation not realism.

edited February 2013

Is Aiko no longer an anime figure? ...because there isn't a great deal about Aiko 5 that looks very anime

also
    "This Beautiful character was expertly designed and crafted by using highly detailed scan data from a live model"
    Why the heck would you do something like that for a anime character, anime is all about stylisation not realism.

Aiko was a gestalt character from the start, not just a purely anime/manga model. Aiko 3, for instance, came with a default "realistic" morph. I figure since Hitomi covers the purely anime look pretty much for the Genesis character, they went a different direction with A5 to the "cosplayer" look (which is all over the place, these days). Just look at the Tsukiko Character, and you'll see what I mean:

https://www.daz3d.com/tsukiko-for-aiko-5

Looks like A5 can certainly be modified to the big-eyed anime look easily enough, but that's more of an "if you want to, you can do it" rather than the actual focus now.

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

She reminds me of a Final Fantasy character.

I think Aiko 5 is more "video game" to Hitomi's "anime".

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113
    edited December 1969

I don't know, I feel conflicted at the moment. I like her skin texture, I've been wanting to find something similar, but she doesn't look very anime at all. I agree with her looking like a videogame character -- there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just going to see what happens, since I'm on the fence right now.

• edited December 1969

So, where are the starter and pro bundles? Normally, these base characters come with starter and pro bundle options.

edited December 1969

Jennyver said:

Curiously, only the bundles are showing up on the shop page right now under new releases. I guess the individual products (though they have stand-alone have pages already) won't have an entry under new releases until the staff updates the page later today.

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited February 2013

-

Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:

Curiously, only the bundles are showing up on the shop page right now under new releases. I guess the individual products (though they have stand-alone have pages already) won't have an entry under new releases until the staff updates the page later today.

That's normal - the bundle appears in new releases, the individual items don't so as not to swamp the listing. It doesn't always work, but that's how it's meant to go.

edited December 1969

The Aiko 5 Product page is working now, too, so those looking for just individual stuff for A5 can go check it out now:

http://www.daz3d.com/aiko-5-products/

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    I just got the email newsletter and I'm dying to get A5, but I want to wait and see what that means as I've noticed that often prices change etc from when the newsletter goes out ad stuff is released, and later on.

My sentiments exactly......plus....."save even more on March Madness" without any details to me is like buying the proverbial pig in a poke :lol:

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:

That's normal - the bundle appears in new releases, the individual items don't so as not to swamp the listing. It doesn't always work, but that's how it's meant to go.

It's a good idea, yes - but the two texture addons that aren't in any bundle should really be in the new items too I think.

I only saw them when I followed the promos link after I'd bought the bundle, so I'll get them later ...

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

To me she looks like terai yuki 2

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

azoohouse said:
    jakiblue said:

My sentiments exactly......plus....."save even more on March Madness" without any details to me is like buying the proverbial pig in a poke :lol:

As seems to be customary these days the vague and ambiguous wording in the promo leaves me none the wiser as to what actually is on offer. Is this a 24 hour only sale? I doubt it, but does "today" mean literally that or does it mean "while this promotion is in effect"? And what does "save more" mean specifically? How much more? Does one have to purchase a specific bundle or will just the Aiko 5 figure suffice? And when it says one can save on "all" MM sales, does it literally mean all, or will there be other qualifying requirements? The specific details of this promotion could be the deciding factor on what and when people decide to splash out on, and surely Daz wants us all to be so enticed as to get the new Aiko items immediately, so I wish they were more clear with their enticements! Of course one could just buy everything and then when the details become clear make the decision as to the value of the promotion and return the items if one feels underwhelmed, but that is such a pain for all concerned, and surely not in anyone's interest. Certainly not Daz's!

Hopefully when the Dazzles and Dazzlettes arrive at work someone will elaborate on the promotion details :)

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

I like the look of her. Pay day Thursday. Probably will get the starter bundle. Couple of interesting items there.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

To me she looks like terai yuki 2

kissing cousins?

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Could be!

I could have sworn Girl 5 was going to be next but oh well.

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:
    azoohouse said:
    jakiblue said:

As seems to be customary these days the vague and ambiguous wording in the promo leaves me none the wiser as to what actually is on offer. Is this a 24 hour only sale? I doubt it, but does "today" mean literally that or does it mean "while this promotion is in effect"? And what does "save more" mean specifically? How much more? Does one have to purchase a specific bundle or will just the Aiko 5 figure suffice? And when it says one can save on "all" MM sales, does it literally mean all, or will there be other qualifying requirements? The specific details of this promotion could be the deciding factor on what and when people decide to splash out on, and surely Daz wants us all to be so enticed as to get the new Aiko items immediately, so I wish they were more clear with their enticements! Of course one could just buy everything and then when the details become clear make the decision as to the value of the promotion and return the items if one feels underwhelmed, but that is such a pain for all concerned, and surely not in anyone's interest. Certainly not Daz's!

Hopefully when the Dazzles and Dazzlettes arrive at work someone will elaborate on the promotion details :)

This is so on the mark.

Incredibly frustrating. I really don't understand why Daz keeps having this kind of issue. It has become expected at this point. Really no excuse.

I really want to grab the Pro bundle, but I'm going to wait until some actual details are provided, more on principle than anything else.

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

also

Yeah, that does seem rather odd.

Aiko 3 is still my favorite for an anime girl.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

I have to admit I couldn't have cared less for a new Aiko since I rarely do Anime type characters, but I really like the look of Aiko 5, especially her face and knowing I can mix and match with existing genesis and genX morphs, has her jumping into the cart.

edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    Dr Stupid said:
    azoohouse said:
    jakiblue said:

This is so on the mark.

Incredibly frustrating. I really don't understand why Daz keeps having this kind of issue. It has become expected at this point. Really no excuse.

I really want to grab the Pro bundle, but I'm going to wait until some actual details are provided, more on principle than anything else.

While I'm not grabbing A5 for now for not having a Legacy Installer, I agree on the consensus that the vague details of the promotions don't do any favors. Customers, especially today, want to know what the promos will yield. Sure, we're buying products primarily for the product itself and that additional stuff is just a bonus, but with most people being budget conscious these days, letting them know what the bonus is should be mandatory if companies want to entice them to buy right here, right now.

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:
    While I'm not grabbing A5 for now for not having a Legacy Installer, I agree on the consensus that the vague details of the promotions don't do any favors. Customers, especially today, want to know what the promos will yield. Sure, we're buying products primarily for the product itself and that additional stuff is just a bonus, but with most people being budget conscious these days, letting them know what the bonus is should be mandatory if companies want to entice them to buy right here, right now.

Exactly. If you tell me that buying the Pro bundle means that I will get an additional 25% off all March Madness promotions, well then ok. But what if I just buy Aiko 5? Do I still get a discount? How much of a discount?

It wouldn't be as much of a problem if this kind of thing didn't seem to be so common at this point with Daz. I feel like there is substantial, unneccessary confusion with the majority of sales.

Just take my money, Daz. Don't make it so hard for me to give it to you ;)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I noticed everything changed from 51% to 30%.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited February 2013

Ledhead said:
    I noticed everything changed from 51% to 30%.

Did you log out or get logged out?

I bought the pro bundle and I still see the 51% if I am logged in.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

There must be a problem with pricing right now because the PC items are not $1.99.