Do I need these files?

SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have upgraded to DA 4.5 and in my downloadables I have three installers I have not yet installed

Decimator
GoZ
Photoshop Bridge

Can anyone tell me if I need these (and indeed what they are for?)

Thanks

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Sertorial said:
    I have upgraded to DA 4.5 and in my downloadables I have three installers I have not yet installed

Decimator
    GoZ
    Photoshop Bridge

Thanks

The photoshop Bridge is to send the scene to Adobe Photoshop. Decimator requires a separate license, and basically, simplifies a mesh. GoZ is a bridge to Z-Brush, another 3D modelling software.
  • SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited February 2013

Sertorial said:

Decimator
    GoZ
    Photoshop Bridge

Thanks

The photoshop Bridge is to send the scene to Adobe Photoshop. Decimator requires a separate license, and basically, simplifies a mesh. GoZ is a bridge to Z-Brush, another 3D modelling software.

Thanks. When you say the photoshop bridge sends the scene to Photoshop, why would that be needed? You can open the render in photoshop anyway, surely (as a .PNG or a .JPG)?

Post edited by Sertorial on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I don't know about scenes to Photoshop via the bridge, that is new on me but I use it for adjusting texture maps without having to go and find the texture, open it up in PS, save the new adjusted texture out, go and find and load the new texture in Daz Studio, I can do it all via the bridge, back and forth until the texture is right.

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I don't know about scenes to Photoshop via the bridge, that is new on me but I use it for adjusting texture maps without having to go and find the texture, open it up in PS, save the new adjusted texture out, go and find and load the new texture in Daz Studio, I can do it all via the bridge, back and forth until the texture is right.

I see. That's interesting. So you mean like adding a tat to a skin surface or something?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sorry for my tardiness in replying.

Yes exactly though if the tat is a PNG with a transperent background then using LIE (layer Image Editor) located in the Surafces Pane will do the job even better as you can adjust the placement of the tat within Daz Studio. I use the PS Bridge more for adjusting staturation or making displacement maps or enhancing bump and displacement maps etc.