Victoria 4.2 Creature Creator Add-On question

edited December 1969 in New Users

Victoria 4.2 Creature Creator Morphs works fine, but some of the Add-Ons do not work for some reason. I can't add horns to my bare, just created female character for some reason. But the legs do work. I also can't add stuff from the MAT Creature Creator either.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mat files are just TEXTUREs for the item once it is loaded. You need to load the Item first then Select it in your Scene Tab then apply the Mat to the proper item. If your trying to load the Horn from a Mat file that will not work you must first load the ITEM.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the explanation about MAT textures, but I still can't add any horns. My Creature Facial Morphs aren't working either. The Shapes aren't shaping, so to speak.

edited December 1969

Hmm.. What version of DS are you using?
    And are you Using a V4 character or a Genesis V4 character?

• edited February 2013

I'm using 4.5.
    I downloaded Victoria 4.2 Base, Victoria 4.2 Morphs++, Victoria 4.2 Creature Creator Morphs and Victoria 4.2 Creature Creator Add Ons straight off the website from the Victoria 4 section.
    I'm on a Mac.

I was just researching this topic...wasn't there a problem with the Creature Creator where you had to go into your Downloads and re-download some fresh files?

Post edited by megagearx_eaad3c70d6 on
    edited December 1969

Ah, I'm PC only and I know the Mac CV (Helper) just logged out for his night. I'll flag this up for him. With luck another user will pop in and Help you. I know I can't if it's a file issue, (I'm not sure but think it might be). Don't give up, help is here and I'm sure we can get you going. You have all you need. I'm just not sure what it could be or if its a PC or Mac thing at this point.

• edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail! I'm still hard at work trying to get it to work. It must be some sort of glitch or update file I'm missing.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited February 2013

Depending on where you installed all this you load one Horn at a time from Poser Formats > Figures > Daz Characters > V4 Creature Creator > Universal Horn V4.CR2 whilst V4 is selected.

Then Select each Horn and go to Poser Formats > Poses > Daz's Victoria 4 > Add-Ons > Creature Creator > And choose which shape and position preset that you want.

Oh and as for the head shapes...the icon that show what the shape is does not mean it shapes V4 to the shape. You have to go to the Parameters Pane whilst V4 is selected and use the adjustment setting to make her head that desired shape. Most Morph injection icons work this way but not all. :)

Post edited by Szark on
  • edited February 2013

It worked!!!

Thanks for that info, Szark! You too, Jaderail! I saw an old post of yours last night where you explain about the morphing process, so I was able to get that to work, thanks to you.

Thank you both!

Post edited by megagearx_eaad3c70d6 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sweet so we learnt that a CR2 is a morphable figure format and that a Pose and Mat Pose are two different things. The first Pose, poses an item whether it be a horn or full figure or piece of clothing etc and a Mat Pose is the texture map preset. :)

Also that some morph icons don't automatically apply to the figure but instead places a Value slider/channel in the Parameters Pane and generally Head and Body Morphs show up separately depending what is selected, head or body. :)