DAZ Studio 4.5 Install Manager 64 Bit Windows Version?

White RabbitWhite Rabbit Posts: 231
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi All,

I just downloaded the Windows version of the Install Manager, but it will not install on my Windows 64 bit platform. I was wondering if there is a 64 bit version available at this time for download? If so, could I get a link please?

:-)

Thank you!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

There isn't a 64 bit version. There is no need for one.

• White RabbitWhite Rabbit Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, It will not install on my Windows Vista 64 bit platform? It comes up with an error message saying this application is not supported on this platform?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is something wierd going on there. It runs perfectly on Win 7, and should run on any 64 bit windows system I would have thought. You could try redownloading the installer, perhaps the download got corrupted.

Do other 32 bit versions of software not run on your Vista 64 Bit?

edited December 1969

Here is the dialog that is displayed (attachment). DAZ 4.5, Bryce, and my other software works good with Vista 64.

I will try re-downloading again just in case, and see how it goes.

2013-02-24_093911.jpg
    572 x 152 - 29K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

Bryce is 32 bit so the DIM should work if Bryce does.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I'm being told that DIM is compatible in Vista. They are going to try and check it on a vista machine on Monday

edited December 1969

Thank you guys for the help! Much appreciated!

I installed it okay on my other XP Pro 32 bit machine previously so perhaps this is just Vista OS related?

• tarekokailtarekokail Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

As it works and installed fine on Windows 7 x64, I have to think that it is a Windows Vista problem, or a problem between the installer and Windows Vista.

I would honestly recommend, if possible and practical, that you upgrade to Windows 7 x64. It's more stable and somewhat more efficient, with no random driver crashes and a better form of User Account Control.

Post edited by tarekokail on
    edited December 1969

I must admit, I skipped Vista on purpose. Was one of two Win OS'es I did that way.

edited December 1969

So did I. I didn't want anything to do with Vista

edited December 1969

Yep, I would like to upgrade as soon as possible but it will likely have to wait a while as I have been out of work for about a month :-(

Vista 64 bit came pre-installed on my HP laptop.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, a new machine was why I am using Win7, I hung on as long as I could with XP, gave Vista a miss, and I will probably do the same with Win8. By the time I am buying a new machine, I hope Win8 has been sorted out completely, because that is probably all that will be available.

I am too old to change to Mac now anyway, even if I wanted to, had a PC since 1988, Amstrad 1512. It cost as much then as a new desktop does now :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ah yes. I actually paid more for my first Pentium to be built than I paid for my latest machine to be built just a few months ago, almost twice as much actually.

My 486 dx2 cost me £500 and that was as a second user, the pentium ws £1000.

edited December 1969

LOL!! My first good PC was 486 Dell with Win Something and a CRT that cost me more that this i7 quad and 23" HD mon by about $800 bucks. I buy good when I buy and at the time the Dell was good.

edited December 1969

Okay, problem is now resolved! :-) I again downloaded the IM for Windows, and did the install. This time it worked fine.

I noticed the previous download was only 119 bytes in size?

DAZ3DIM_1.0.0.112_Win32.exe

For some reason there must have been a problem with the download either from the browser (Firefox) or other? Anyway, its good now. And thanks for the support everyone. That's what is awesome about these forums! It feels like there is always someone out there.

:-)

All the very best!

edited December 1969

That makes me think about my personal computer past too :-) The first computer I had growing up in the UK was an Acorn Atom which was a kit. It had 1K of RAM, no hard drive, it used tapes to load and store programs. The next was a Sinclair Spectrum. That was a lot of fun :-) It had pretty cool graphics for the time. Next was the Commodore computers. My nephew had a Vic 20. I had a C64 and finally an Amiga. I still have my Amiga. At work I was using a Dell Z800. That thing would be awesome for running my DAZ Studio!

I am now totally addicted to DAZ Studio by the way.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059
    edited December 1969

I still have the receipt for my first PC - 1982- an original IBM PC, monochrome monitor, upgrade to 64 KB, two single-side full-height 5.25 inch floppy drives, an async I/O card, a Hayes 300 baud smartmodem, and an Epson MX-100 printer. $6,000 including pc-dos, cpm-86, and the Microsoft assembler.

The floppy drives held 160 KB and were $540 EACH. Last year I picked up two 1-TB hard drives for under $220.

And we over-clocked the 300 baud modem to do file transfers at 450 bits/second.

The money I've tossed away on computers over the years . . .

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

mtrappett said:
    The first computer I had growing up in the UK was an Acorn Atom which was a kit. It had 1K of RAM, no hard drive, it used tapes to load and store programs.

Me too. Actually, this one was upgraded to 12KB.

Atom-front.jpg
    1328 x 744 - 153K
    edited December 1969

mtrappett said:
    Next was the Commodore computers. My nephew had a Vic 20. I had a C64 and finally an Amiga. I still have my Amiga.
    I had all these myself, the Amiga's were the 500 and 1200. I only have my C64 now.