Axel for M5, now avilable {commercial}

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

I will be making a version of my Vascularity product for M5/V5 UV's. But only when I finish one or two projects I am currently on. Hope other vendors start supporting them as well. Logically, it makes sense sticking with m4/v5 Uv's since they dominate the marketshare and usability factor. Making anything for M5/V5 only at this point is a guarantee'd financial hit compared to if developed on M4/V4. Unless the product supports Both UV sets, which means more development time, and a higher asking price. What we need to get the ball rolling is proper texture conversion support between the two.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited November 2012

Hi, again,

I worked out what the problem with the neck was, for some odd reason, the diffuse value for Skin Neck on all the body hair SSS textures was 1.0000000, I changed it to 0 and everything was fine.

Problem solved! YAY! :)

CHEERS!

EDIT:

The problem lay in the DUF file, I opened it in Notepad and looked for this line:

"url" : "name://@selection#materials/2_SkinNeck:?diffuse_strength/value",
    "keys" : [ [ 0, 1 ] ]
    }

If you change that 1 to a 0 and save it, that fixes it.

M5_Axel_Body_Hair_SSS_Fixed.jpg
    588 x 600 - 95K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

Thanks Pixel8ted for posting screenshots of how to fix this file. I was able to do it in a few minutes. REally apprecaite it.

edited December 1969

Sorry, yeah, screenshots would have helped. I can never remember how to do them!

Male-M3dia should really fix the DUF and load an update as everybody will need it fixed.

CHEERS!

• yannich_ff4dab420dyannich_ff4dab420d Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

I just bought Axel International to night for my Poser 9 runtime . Axel is really gorgeous but I can't us the morphs ( head,nipples ...) Do I have to buy something particular to access them ?

edited December 1969

I know why ... I have to upload a new Genesis M5 each time I want yo work with Poser . That's it , very simple . I am very sorry being so dumb

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 2012

Rogerbee said:

Sorry, yeah, screenshots would have helped. I can never remember how to do them!

Male-M3dia should really fix the DUF and load an update as everybody will need it fixed.

CHEERS!

Actually, this was submitted to QA a few days after the issue was found; however I don't know why it hasn't gotten out. I'll have to shoot QA an email tomorrow to see where this. It probably got buried under all the major releases.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

Oh, right, I wasn't aware it was being dealt with.

Glad you're on top of it anyway. It took a bit of head scratching to work out what was awry. It was only because David GB showed me how to fix an old version of the V4 Basicwear that I knew what to look for.

I'll look out for an update all the same, just in case I ever need to reinstall him

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I have the same problem here . Can you tell me where is the .duf file to modify it . ( I'm on a Mac and work with Poser 9) Thank you

Capture_d’écran_2012-12-10_à_15.48_.36_.png
    442 x 427 - 165K
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, Rogerbee, I did it but had to modify 3 .duf files : Default , hairy with gens and hairy without gens . I hope you are paid for your tips :-)

edited December 2012

DUF's will always be in whichever Daz library you installed Genesis in. I only had the issue with the hairy one and only modded the one without gens as I'll never afford the M5 Pro Bundle or fancy posing him nude anyway. For me, M5 will always remain as Mattel intended!

Being paid would be nice, but, much of what I fix can be down to a sheer fluke!

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

Actually, this was submitted to QA a few days after the issue was found; however I don't know why it hasn't gotten out. I'll have to shoot QA an email tomorrow to see where this. It probably got buried under all the major releases.

I just bought the Axel M5 a couple of days ago and also getting the duplicate IDs when loading any genesis character now.
    i thought it was the new DIM but after Uninstalling Axel it stopped, reinstalled and started again.
    Has then been updated yet, looking at this tread seems to have been an issue for awhile now?

Also for Male-M3dia where do you get the underwear for the promo ads?, I been trying to find different male underwear.
    Thanks

edited December 1969

I'm not sure on that one, we used to get a notice if something had been updated and got download resets. Nothing came that I'm aware of. I fixed the duplicate ID manually. All I do know is that newer characters don't have the same issues, Ryuu is perfect.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I'm not sure on that one, we used to get a notice if something had been updated and got download resets. Nothing came that I'm aware of. I fixed the duplicate ID manually. All I do know is that newer characters don't have the same issues, Ryuu is perfect.

CHEERS!

I was able to get the duplicate IDs fixed, but could not find the lines in the file to edit for the texture.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

AxelM5 is still not available through the DIM...could this be because these duplicate IDs are being corrected? I just bought him and hadn't d/l yet and now can't with DIM

edited December 1969

I was wondering the same thing. You can manually install Axel, but he's got one of my favorite skins, so I'm hoping he'll be available from DIM soon.

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,425
    edited December 1969

We are sorry to hear the issues you are having with our Axel. QA is supposed to have the dup id fixed, as far as we know.

I personally fixed the neck SSS issue and sent it to QA to be sorted. I think the best course of action is for you to put in support tickets with DAZ to remind them as we sent off the fixes months ago. Maybe if enough of you contact DAZ they'll take notice?

I'll try them again myself. Hopefully this'll be resolved asap.

Anna

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

We are sorry to hear the issues you are having with our Axel. QA is supposed to have the dup id fixed, as far as we know.

I personally fixed the neck SSS issue and sent it to QA to be sorted. I think the best course of action is for you to put in support tickets with DAZ to remind them as we sent off the fixes months ago. Maybe if enough of you contact DAZ they'll take notice?

Anna

thanks you for your help

and axel is very nice character

edited December 1969

Anna

Thanks Anna, I am impatient to use him but want to install all files through the DIM, so will wait until he is ready :)

edited December 1969

fusionla said:

I was able to get the duplicate IDs fixed, but could not find the lines in the file to edit for the texture.

This is what to look for:

The problem lay in the DUF file, I opened it in Notepad and looked for this line:

“url” : “name://@selection#materials/2_SkinNeck:?diffuse_strength/value”,
    “keys” : [ [ 0, 1 ] ]
    }

If you change that 1 to a 0 and save it, that fixes it.

Hope that helps

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I'm actually a bit suprised Daz hasn't fixed the installer yet, as I know this issue was reported to them before christmas, and the fix is known. Axel is a wonderful product and not having it available in DIM is a shame.

edited December 1969

I'm dubious about the DIM right now, I'll bypass it till you guys start raving about it!

I'm happy with my Axel anyway, the HSS presets rock and I used them as a template for my own.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Is the HSS texture issue a Poser only problem.
    I have not edited the files yet.
    Using Daz3d Studio 4.5, as long ass I use all HSS maps or all regular I don't seem to get the problem.

Also thanks for the tip on the duplicate IDs that was a problem!

edited December 1969

You know what, I don't know,

I just swapped the DUF I'd fixed without actually loading the original in DS. We should both really thank DavidGB, he was the one that taught me how to open files outside of DS.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I'm dubious about the DIM right now, I'll bypass it till you guys start raving about it!

I'm happy with my Axel anyway, the HSS presets rock and I used them as a template for my own.

CHEERS!

I'm actually liking the DIM, not all items are showing up yet for downloads.
    Uninstalling all the files I have already installed, was the biggest concern of mine.
    Having uninstallers for a lot of the items I had installed makes it easy to match up what DIM shows for downloads to know what to uninstall.
    Trying to figure out best way to merge all the free items and 3rd party store content into one library (that will be a pain to reinstall).
    But the time it will save me from having to download individual files and check for up dates is going to be worth it.
    edited December 1969

The idea of uninstalling everything I already have and potentially not being able to get it back doesn't thrill me.

I hope those of you that are waiting for Axel to be fixed and don't want to fix him themselves get an update in due course.

CHEERS!

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

fusionla said:

But the time it will save me from having to download individual files and check for up dates is going to be worth it.

Agreed. This is also the reason why I decided to reinstall everything (>1500 items). The only PITA is I already reinstalled all my items when I switched from Studio v3.x to Studio v4 and that was not so long ago, sigh...

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

The idea of uninstalling everything I already have and potentially not being able to get it back doesn't thrill me.

I hope those of you that are waiting for Axel to be fixed and don't want to fix him themselves get an update in due course.

CHEERS!

The fact that the developers of Axel submitted the fix months ago and it is still not available, does not send out a good message.
    edited December 1969

I hear you, but, I would imagine they have a lot on their plate. It'll be done when it's done and this thread is here to help out anyone that doesn't fancy waiting.

This world is full of too much instant gratification and I suppose I'm old school and can wait for things.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Is there any news of Axel being ready through the DIM yet??? Curious to know why is taking sooooo long!!