one thing i did'nt get

ultima9999ultima9999 Posts: 0
edited February 2013 in New Users

Hi people
i tyred several times to install Dson importer and i could never get it to work

could someone please point me to (or type) a step by step guide to do so ?

where do i install the files ?
Dson importer for poser 1.0.0.56 win 32
genesis starter essentials 1.6 trx
genesis starter essentials poser CF_1.6_dpc

is this all i need or is there something else i should download to make it work ?

OS Win7-32bit
DazStudio 4.5.1
Poser pro 2012

thanks in advance
Ultima9999

Post edited by ultima9999 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

The plugin should go to your Poser application, both the Starter Essentials need to be installed to a folder that Poser knows as a library folder - one that appears in the Library pane in Poser - and that Poser has write access to. Presumably you have the Genesis files isntalled for DS, so there's no reason you shouldn't point Poser to the My Library folder, install the PCF files tot hat, and just use the one location for both applications. You are, by the way, somewhat out-of-date with the Genesis Essentials - I think the current version is .11.

• ultima9999ultima9999 Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

thanks for the reply Richard
    i am downloading the 1.11 versions of the files right now , the genesis starter essentials 1.11 trx is taking very long time , i'm on 75% and it's still giving 48 minutes ETA.

now i don't want to seem ungrateful , but i really need a step by step guide

i have 3 files and i don't really get where i need to put each of them to get Genesis to poser working .

do i need to use MYlibrary folder or do i need to use poser root or i need to make a special folder with a special name ?
    or maybe none of them and i can't figure the solution .....

so far i think i understand i need to put Dson importer to poser root and the other two in Mylibrary ...is that correct ?

... and after i installed all my files ...what should i do to test ? can i have a screenshot of the thing working ?
    will i find some folders into my poser library ? (a 22Gb library) or will i find genesis into Daz people folder ?

edited December 1969

so far i think i understand i need to put Dson importer to poser root and the other two in Mylibrary ...is that correct ?

Yes.

... and after i installed all my files ...what should i do to test ? can i have a screenshot of the thing working ?
    will i find some folders into my poser library ? (a 22Gb library) or will i find genesis into Daz people folder ?

If you haven't already, click the folder with a + icon at top right of Poser's library panel and select the My Library folder. Then loading DSON content is just like loading any other content - you find it in the library and double-click it. Other commands, such as Transfer Active Morphs, are in the Scripts>DSON Support menu.

edited December 1969

ok , it stil does'nt work , but i'm made one more step thanks to your help .
    now , when i click any icon from the new content or from the Dson support menu i get this

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Giamba\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

can you tell me what's happening there ? is there a way to solve this problem aswell ?

edited December 1969

That sounds as if the importer did not install correctly - can you check to see if you have a \Runtime\Python\addons\dson folder in your application folder, with a file called dzdsonimporter.pyd among others.

edited February 2013

yes

C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\dzdsonimporter.pyd
    is there with 4 more files

the icon is shown blank and there is another file "_init_.py" that is shown blank aswell .
    the remaining 3 files are shown with an icon that looks like 2 small blue gears with .dll suffix

edited December 1969

Well, that looks right. You do have the SR3 updated for Poser installed?

edited February 2013

no , i'm going to get ASAP

EDIT :
    thanks Richard , looks like it's working now

if i am allowed to put another question i would like to ask if it's possible to change the UVs just like in Dazstudio and how it can be done .
    also , if i will ever download any other genesis content , will the procedure be always the same ? shall i put TRX and DPC files togheter in MYlibrary ?

edited December 1969

Yes, you can change UVs - but as I recall you need to use a character preset (Mec4D has a set of files that only change the UV set, or you can use the base character preset for the UV you want - Basic Female or Michael 5 say - with the figure selected).

And yes, as long as the system doesn't change Poser wil need to have access to both the core files (for textures and geometry) and companion files (for the library files).

edited February 2013

so i go to material room , choose , say basic child or whatever is in the same folder and the UV should be changed , then i go to pose room and apply the skin i want (based on the same UV i just changed to) and this is it ....nice

thank you alot for your time and help !

i have a figure that i really love , that's Foedora for genesis , when i got her there was no DPC files , what should i do to get her loaded in poser ?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

so i go to material room , choose , say basic child or whatever is in the same folder and the UV should be changed , then i go to pose room and apply the skin i want (based on the same UV i just changed to) and this is it ....nice

thank you alot for your time and help !

i have a figure that i really love , that's Foedora for genesis , when i got her there was no DPC files , what should i do to get her loaded in poser ?

The morph dials will be available when you load Genesis; for the materials you'll need to apply the textures manually.

edited February 2013

do you mean to build the character using the dials and apply textures using the material room ?

yesterday i was thinking to create a single dial morph in DS4.5 , this way it should be loaded into poser just like the others , for the tetures ...i don't know , maybe i'll need to use the material room or perhaps i'm quicker to use another skin ...

edited December 1969

If you are wanting to share the result you can't spawn a morph target from a shape generated using DAZ or most other morphs - and in any event it's a bad idea as that will not inherit the links to any correction morphs for things like expressions (for example, many shapes that change the eyes have correction morphs to adjust the eyes close morph, so that the lids still meet).

edited December 1969

what i meant was to create a FBM dial in DS4.5

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6483/

sometime ago i had a problem with a dress i made (nothing worth to be shared) and to solve it a needed to create this FBM .
    the FBM i created is still there and when i load up gensis into poser the dial is shown and , i just tested it , it works .