Feet and hand distortion when adding a non Genesis pose

spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
edited December 1969 in New Users

When I add a non Genesis pose to my Genesis figure the feet and some times the hands get distorted. I was directed to an old post by adam001 that explained a fix involving the use of scripts. Unfortunately I am an amateur with computers and DAZ3D Pro studio. I am afraid I did not quite understand what he was talking about.(It sounded like I had to create my own script, but if that is correct I am not sure how to do this) I tried the path he suggested but could not find my way. Does anybody know his fix in layman terms or how to get in touch with Adam. I have some really cool poses I would like to use, but they look funky with the distortions. Thanks for any help or advice!!!!!!:-)%-P:red:

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

No, you don't have to create your own script -- it's here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306/

Second item under Freebies in the first post.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

If I understand things correctly, one of the tweaks made to Genesis in DS 4.5 RC2 should also help stop this occurring in the first place.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Yes, the problem is that some poses move the hands and feet - actually move, not bend - so in 4.5 their translations are locked.

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

Hi, would this also fix the problems I have had trying to bring Poser Pro 2012 figures into DS and pose them?

~ Russ (a.k.a. Ansel)

edited December 1969

Are these Weight-mapped, P8 rigging, or legacy rigging? DS does not read PoserPro 2012 weight-mapping.

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

I have no idea, Mike! LOL

I'll do an experiment and see what happens.

~ Russ

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

The new Poser humans are weight-mapped, and the previous Poser figures (from version 8) use the capsule fall-offs introduced with that, neither of which DAZ Studio supports.

• spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

Thanks MIke, but that script is not in my studio. I did; however, find that script in this folder on my hard drive. c:\Users\Mark\Scripts\AMR\Gn Hand and feet reset. Any ideas on how I extract this script from that folder and get it into my studio. I hope I am explaining this right. Thanks again. Lost and confused :-/

edited December 1969

spmwc said:
    Thanks MIke, but that script is not in my studio. I did; however, find that script in this folder on my hard drive. c:\Users\Mark\Scripts\AMR\Gn Hand and feet reset. Any ideas on how I extract this script from that folder and get it into my studio. I hope I am explaining this right. Thanks again. Lost and confused :-/

It sounds like the script was extracted to the wrong place. You need to extract it to your DS4 content folder (the default would be c:\Users\Mark\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library). So drag that Scripts folder which is directly under Mark into My Library, and it will show up under "Content Library > DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Scripts > AMR > Gn Hand and Feet Reset".

edited December 1969

Hey Mike, Thanks again! I dragged the folder into My Library like you said. The script does show up in My Library folder, but only on my hard drive. It still does not show up in, My Library, in my studio. I even tried to put it into a zip file and extract it to c:\Users\Mark\Documents\Daz3D\ Studio\My Library,but that did not work either. It just went to my hard drive. When I tried to open the file, My studio would open up and give me an error message saying I needed to pick an item in the scene. Unfortunately the window port was empty. I loaded the Genesis figure in the window and tried to find the script, but no luck. I know this probably should be easy, but I am frustrated and confused. (I guess I don't know enough about computers, should this script be part of the original download. Or is this something Adam came up with to add ourselves. ). Any other ideas that might help me. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I hope I am not confusing you with my lack of skills. Thanks for your patience and advice.:ohh::ohh:

edited June 2012

spmwc said:
    Hey Mike, Thanks again! I dragged the folder into My Library like you said. The script does show up in My Library folder, but only on my hard drive. It still does not show up in, My Library, in my studio. I even tried to put it into a zip file and extract it to c:\Users\Mark\Documents\Daz3D\ Studio\My Library,but that did not work either. It just went to my hard drive. When I tried to open the file, My studio would open up and give me an error message saying I needed to pick an item in the scene. Unfortunately the window port was empty. I loaded the Genesis figure in the window and tried to find the script, but no luck. I know this probably should be easy, but I am frustrated and confused. (I guess I don't know enough about computers, should this script be part of the original download. Or is this something Adam came up with to add ourselves. ). Any other ideas that might help me. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I hope I am not confusing you with my lack of skills. Thanks for your patience and advice.:ohh::ohh:

If you go to the Content Library pane, does it show up under "DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Scripts > AMR > Gn Hand and Feet Reset"? If not, could you go to Edit>Preferences>Directories>Content Directory Manager, expand both the "DS Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot?

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

Hey Mike, I get as far as DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>Scripts>Utilities>Move Utilities. no AMR>Gn Hands and Feet reset. Sorry, don't know how to post a screen shot.(Guess I need to learn) but my Content Directory Manager looks like this:

Content Sets
    Current directories
    > DAZ studio Formats
    c:/Users/Mark/ Documents/Daz3D/Studio/My Library
    c:/Program Files/Daz/Content

>Poser Formats
    c:/Users/Mark/Documents/Daz3D/Studio/My Library
    other Import formats

Does this help?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI spmwc

When you go to the "content Library" then choose "Daz studio formats", you should see a "Scripts" listing,
    Are there any thumbnail images showing up in that area, or any folder below that, for example Utilities.
    (See pic)

To Capture your screen, (on PC) you can use the "Print screen / Sys req" key on the keyboard.
    This wil copy the screen at that point into the clipboard,.
    you can then open up an image editor, and "Paste" the contents of the clipboard, into an new or existing image.

(on Mac it's Command Shift 3
    which will save the screen capture as a PNG on the desktop

You'll need to edit either image to resize it or Crop it to 800 x 800 (or less) for the forums here.

..and make sure that any "serial numbers are blocked out.

I'd also recommend saving the image as a Jpg, ..which is a smaller file size.

scripts.jpg
    660 x 593 - 63K
    edited December 1969

Hey 3Dage, This is what comes up when I go to Content Library> DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>Scripts. I hope the image is clear and readable. This is my first time trying this. The Genesis fix for the Hands and feet does not show up at all. Do you think I should load Adam's fix again? Maybe I just sent it down the wrong path. Thanks for the advice. Just another novice computer user here!!!!!:coolsmile:

DAZ3D.jpg
    646 x 530 - 32K
    edited December 1969

Hey Mike, Here is the screen shot of my Content Manager Directory. Finally figured it out with some help from 3Dage. Hope it is clear and readable. Does this help?:P

Content_Sets.jpg
    430 x 493 - 25K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI spmwc :)

Have a look in your My Documents folder before you start adding another copy of Adams files.
    If you've extracted the files,.. then they'll be somewhere.

If you go into My Documents \ Daz3D \ Studio \ My Library \ Scripts, and see what's there first, ..but it depends a little bit, on how you've unzipped the files from that zip archive.

You can Unzip or "extract" the files using Windows,.. just Right click on the Zip file, and choose "Extract files" from the pop up menu.
    Then you can browse to a folder location,.. for example:
    User \ My Documents \ Daz3D \ My Library
    and then click ok.
    That should extract the files in the Zip archive, and merge them with the "Scripts" folder which already exist in your "My Library" folder.

Alternatively.

You can Extract the files to a "Safe" location,. for example : your desktop.
    This will create a folder, with some folders inside it EG:(Scripts) and the files will be inside there.
    From there,. You can either select them all and copy them. then browse to your My Documents \ Daz3d \Studio\My library \ Scripts
    and "paste" them in there. ... or just drag them there, using the Windows explorer.

Hope that makes sense :)

• kj_54e8eded70kj_54e8eded70 Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

So, if you attempt to use the Dawn figure in DS and apply "Dawn" poses for Poser (or even V4 poses) to it, you sometimes get that same distortion of the hands and feet. Happily, the AMR Gn Hands and Feet Reset script works on Dawn as well. However, I don't know where to download it now.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

I'm looking for the script as well, the original download links seems to have expired, or it's broken.