I'm probably out of luck here

bashrag_7b41cbcd6dbashrag_7b41cbcd6d Posts: 71
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there a utility that can pull all the files in a scene so that they could be packaged? If not, then is there a way to get a list of all those files?

Thanks

Comments

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The new .DUF file in the DAZ4.5 RC should give you a list I would think?

I haven't actually installed it yet, but as I understand it, in theory that should work?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,217
    edited December 1969

Remember that you can't package and share content that isn't your own creation, unless the license explicitly allows redistribution. A .duf file avoids that by including references to the content, so that it will open correctly only if the destination system also has the files installed.

• bashrag_7b41cbcd6dbashrag_7b41cbcd6d Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

I'm just trying to transfer scenes between my home computer and my work computer without having to transfer the entire runtime. I can't do that because I have limited shared space on the work system.

Any clues as to what I'd need to do? I'm pretty sure just transferring the /content directory isn't going to work. In particular the work system is 32bit Vista and the home system is 64bit Win 7.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,217
    edited December 1969

OS differences shouldn't matter, but you are going to have problems if you want to do a selective transfer. I don't suppose you have an external drive, that you'd be able to use n both systems, that would hold your content?

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Bongzilla said:
    I'm just trying to transfer scenes between my home computer and my work computer without having to transfer the entire runtime. I can't do that because I have limited shared space on the work system.

Any clues as to what I'd need to do? I'm pretty sure just transferring the /content directory isn't going to work. In particular the work system is 32bit Vista and the home system is 64bit Win 7.

You pretty much have to have identical content on each machine. If you're certain you have that, you can fall back to sync utility or even xcopy with the archive bit to copy only changed/updated files. Without base-content in common though I can't think of an easy way to do it.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Bongzilla said:

You pretty much have to have identical content on each machine. If you're certain you have that, you can fall back to sync utility or even xcopy with the archive bit to copy only changed/updated files. Without base-content in common though I can't think of an easy way to do it.

I have this feature on the list to add this to my .duf utility. Effectively collecting the files from the data directory and runtime directories and creating a single archive that can get written to a CD-R/DVD-R for archival.

Kendall

• bashrag_7b41cbcd6dbashrag_7b41cbcd6d Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

[quote author="Kendall Sears" date="1339772369"

I have this feature on the list to add this to my .duf utility. Effectively collecting the files from the data directory and runtime directories and creating a single archive that can get written to a CD-R/DVD-R for archival.

Kendall

Something like that would be awesome. :D