Detailed Rooftop Props

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
edited June 2012 in Product Suggestions

Consider this a request for info as much as anything else.

I've got a few buildings, intact and ruined, urban and rural, in my runtime. What I don't have is a detailed flat rooftop suitable for close-up renders. Most of the buildings I've bought so far have inadequate detail on the roof areas and are really meant to be seen at a distance.

So does anyone know of a nice detailed city rooftop? We all know the iconic images of the lone antihero brooding on a cornice, or the confrontation of two super-powered individuals dramatically backlit against a skyline, or a romantic couple getting alone in the only place available to them. Surely many render artists could use such a set.

If anyone was thinking of creating one before I can get around to it (props are not my main thing, clothes are), a square rooftop extending down to about a story (that is, with windows below the parapet for slight pullback) would be perfect. What would really sell this is if instead of just being flat, it had features that roofs actually have, such as a stairwell door, skylight, antennae or satellite dishes, or visible HVAC equipment.

Post edited by SickleYield on

Comments

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

I found something similar to what you are requesting..a bit pricey but here is a link:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-rooftop/

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    I found something similar to what you are requesting..a bit pricey but here is a link:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-rooftop/

Mm, especially pricey for no separate .dsa mats given the size of the thing. Worth wishlisting in case it goes on sale, though. Thanks. :)

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

AntFarm is your man for this sort of thing....

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bc-rooftopper/

edited December 1969

Well, for $8 and a small set I can make my own .dsa shaders. Get in ma shoppin' cart!

Thanks kindly.

edited December 1969

Turned out to be perfect for my Genesis trench coat promo! It has surprisingly few mat zones (max two per piece) but it renders up all right with minimal adjustment.

Rendo4sm.jpg
    600 x 600 - 174K
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Wow! Nice trench, Sickle! :) Are you planning on selling it here? I hope!

edited December 1969

Rendo. Apparently I have zero ability to predict what products DAZ does or doesn't want. Wanted: industrial boots. Did not want: full fantasy armors. Go figure.

I should try them with another single contemporary piece for my next attempt, though, that's a good suggestion.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Very cool. :)