Camera Tracking

DM3DDM3D Posts: 133
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Does anyone know of a way to export camera track data from a camera in DAZ Studios to After Effects or Blender? If this is not possible currently, can someone recommend the best manner in which to suggest a feature addition to DAZ?

I can see significant utility in DAZ for animation and SFX work in conjunction with render engines like LuxRender BUT...I need the ability to composite those animations in After Effects. As a work around, I have placed tracker cubes in the scenes I am rendering for subsequent camera tracking but this seems silly given that the scene is digitally created with a virtual camera. Any other ideas or strategies?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish with the tracking you didn't give enough details
    But if your trying to camera track your characters or objects movements in daz studio, the best way to accomplish that is to parent the camera to the character or object. then the camera will follow all the characters or objects movements as you moves along the timeline.

• DM3DDM3D Posts: 133
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish with the tracking you didn't give enough details
    But if your trying to camera track your characters or objects movements in daz studio, the best way to accomplish that is to parent the camera to the character or object. then the camera will follow all the characters or objects movements as you moves along the timeline.

Thank you Ivy for your response. I'm having no problem creating camera tracks in DAZ Studio's but would love to be able to export those camera tracks (and parameters) to After Effects or Blender. That way I could create an animation with camera movement in DAZ, render it with an Alpha channel and duplicate that movement in After Effects when I composite the rendered animation with other video or photo elements. That is a powerful feature; one that is available in Blender and would sure be nice to have in DAZ Studio. I haven't found the ability to export camera movements from DAZ Studio....are there any plugins that make this possible?

Thanks again!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You could check out Casuals site here https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjteleblender-for-ds1-2-3-4 and there posts in the Freepozatory Forum. I belive that a Tracking feature for DS has been done before but I'm not sure which PRG was supported. You could PM them and find out.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You could check out Casuals site here https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjteleblender-for-ds1-2-3-4 and there posts in the Freepozatory Forum. I belive that a Tracking feature for DS has been done before but I'm not sure which PRG was supported. You could PM them and find out.

I will do that...Thank You!

• ReisormocapReisormocap Posts: 146
    edited February 2013

There is a commercial plugin (approx $20) that is able to export camera and node data from Daz or any other program and pull it into AE. It's called AECOLLADA, and it's designed to import collada files into After Effects.

I bought it and haven't had a chance to play with it too much, but in my tests it was able to track camera motion from a Daz scene exported as a Collada file and pull it into AE and I had no issues with it.

Find it here: http://www.clintons3d.com/aecollada/index.html

Post edited by Reisormocap on
    edited December 1969

There is a commercial plugin (approx $20) that is able to export camera and node data from Daz or any other program and pull it into AE. It's called AECOLLADA, and it's designed to import collada files into After Effects.

I bought it and haven't had a chance to play with it too much, but in my tests it was able to track camera motion from a Daz scene exported as a Collada file and pull it into AE and I had no issues with it.

Find it here: http://www.clintons3d.com/aecollada/index.html

Thanks Posermocap for that information. This forum has been a big help. I will be checking out mcauals scripts for exporting data to Blender but a solution to go direct to AE would be most useful. THANK YOU! DAZ has got some definite power, particularly in the area of animation but being able to import and export camera tracks and data is fairly essential for doing complex compositing.