Simple lara croft face morph?

ToobisToobis Posts: 932
edited February 2013 in The Commons

I have some of the clothing and equipment she uses but when it comes to the actual characters face I cannot find any traditional Lara Croft faces, bear in mind I am after the more known computer graphics version face of Lara as opposed to the Angelina Jolie movie face. The image links to an excellent example (no nudity): http://squalllion1.deviantart.com/art/Galmy-s-Lara-V2-Lara-Croft-208652045 and I want it for V4.

This apparently was avaliable to obtain somewhere but I cannot find it. Is there anything like this out there free or to purchase?

Does anyone happen to know where I could find her hair also there please. Thanks.

Post edited by Toobis on

Comments

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Both of these are reasonably close:

Lara
    Lady C

I think there was one at DAZ, but I can't recall the name. There used to be a nice one at ShareCG but it appears to have been taken down.

• ToobisToobis Posts: 932
    edited December 1969

Lara
    Lady C

I think there was one at DAZ, but I can't recall the name. There used to be a nice one at ShareCG but it appears to have been taken down.

ty but as I stated I am NOT after the Angelina Jolie models but the original Lara Croft model like this: http://squalllion1.deviantart.com/art/Galmy-s-Lara-V2-Lara-Croft-208652045 but thanks.

edited February 2013

Toobis said:

Lara
    Lady C

ty but as I stated I am NOT after the Angelina Jolie models but the original Lara Croft model like this: http://squalllion1.deviantart.com/art/Galmy-s-Lara-V2-Lara-Croft-208652045 but thanks.
    ...The first is almost an exact replica of that shape. It's far close to the game character than Jolie. All it needs is a bit of a younger touch, less definition in the cheeks, and removal of the exaggerated lip curves. I doubt you'll get anything better without tweaking a bit yourself.

Edit: You're not looking for that overly smooth look that comes from too few polygons, are you? If you just want a really simple overall face shape like that I might be able to make you one in ZBrush. Need front, side, and preferably 3/4 views from the game of your choice, however. XD

Is this for DS, or Poser?

Post edited by agent unawares on
    edited February 2013

Toobis said:

Lara
    Lady C

...The first is almost an exact replica of that shape. It's far close to the game character than Jolie. All it needs is a bit of a younger touch, less definition in the cheeks, and removal of the exaggerated lip curves. I doubt you'll get anything better without tweaking a bit yourself.

Edit: You're not looking for that overly smooth look that comes from too few polygons, are you? If you just want a really simple overall face shape like that I might be able to make you one in ZBrush. Need front, side, and preferably 3/4 views from the game of your choice, however. XD

yes could you please have a go. What exactly do I need to get for you to do it please? oh yes its for DS 3 by the way.

Post edited by Toobis on
    edited December 1969

Toobis said:
    Toobis said:

Lara
    Lady C

yes could you please have a go. What exactly do I need to get for you to do it please? oh yes its for DS 3 by the way.
    Pictures of the face you want from something close to the front and the side. Do you have any morph packages? I might be able to manage a preset with those alone.

edited February 2013

Pictures of the face you want from something close to the front and the side. Do you have any morph packages? I might be able to manage a preset with those alone.

So would this work? (the link provided) I not sure entirely what you mean sorry. You just mean a pic of the front and side of her face?? this prettymuch is what I want: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Lara-Croft-182736752

Post edited by Toobis on
    edited February 2013

I need to be able to see her nose/face shape in profile and from the front in order to get a good approximation. That's a good front image though. Do you have any side views close to what you want? If not I can probably manage basing things off the first one.

Do you have Morphs++ for V4? That would make it easier to distribute as I could just create a preset.

edited December 1969

I need to be able to see her nose/face shape in profile and from the front in order to get a good approximation. That's a good front image though. Do you have any side views close to what you want? If not I can probably manage basing things off the first one.

Do you have Morphs++ for V4? That would make it easier to distribute as I could just create a preset.

yeh here's one of the side: http://feminspire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider.jpg I do have morphs ++ for V4 also. thx in advance.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,312
    edited December 1969

In the art section of the forums here, Sasje has a thread dedicated to Lara and has nailed some of the game art for TR: Legend.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/859/

edited December 1969

you'll think you'll still do it or?

edited December 1969

Toobis said:
    you'll think you'll still do it or?

Yeah. It might take a couple of days though. I have little free time until the weekend hits.
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

I'm also interested!!!! :-) As concerns Angelina Jolie, she IS a stunningly beautiful woman, and I loved her in both TR films. However, she doesn't look much like the game Lara in the face. I spent a lot of years in alt.games.tombraider, I have bought and played all the games from the first through TR Anniversary and Underworld. I like the Lara face in Underworld a lot. Next to that one, I like the one in TR6-Angel of Darkness a lot too. I've also bought up all sorts of TR stuff for Poser, and even a couple of the 'likeness' character sets. I've been using a character of my own 'dialings' plus one of AJ that is a very good likeness. And like the original poster, I'd like to see a head morph of the game Lara we could use with V4!
    Many thanks in advance!

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

*raises hand to register interest too* (^_^)n

edited December 1969

I not sure if Agent_Unawares has forgotten or not.

edited December 1969

It's only Saturday, let's be patient. Things we really WANT to see and use are rare. And worth waiting for. :-)

edited December 1969

:lol:

Bear with me. DS2 decided to stop playing nice for some reason. It wouldn't render nor let me see a textured preview without slowing to a crawl, and that was the version I had set up to do all my exporting from, so I had to give up and jump forward to DS3. That's working fine so far. I should have something workable pretty soon, though I've still got to hunt and peck for the pz2 exporter.

edited December 1969

:lol:

Bear with me. DS2 decided to stop playing nice for some reason. It wouldn't render nor let me see a textured preview without slowing to a crawl, and that was the version I had set up to do all my exporting from, so I had to give up and jump forward to DS3. That's working fine so far. I should have something workable pretty soon, though I've still got to hunt and peck for the pz2 exporter.

much appreciated.

edited December 1969

All right, this is what I have so far. I'm at the point where I could use some feedback on how it's going; I need eyes that haven't been looking at this for hours. XD

Going for something similar to the examples Toobis posted at the moment. I know her lip shape especially changes a bit throughout the games.

laraside1.jpg
    530 x 600 - 96K
    larafront1.jpg
    530 x 600 - 95K
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Been lurking :-P

It's really good; she's recognizable as Lara and does look like the pics.

Am interested too, if that's ok :red:

edited December 1969

Cool, and thanks much for the effort!!!! :-)

edited February 2013

that's pretty good but maybe do the nose a tinnnnnnnny bit thinner if that's ok. Also how can I download it please lol.

Post edited by Toobis on
    edited February 2013

Well, if she looks good, here you all go. Have fun.

Thinned the nose a bit as per Toobis' request.

lara.jpg
    600 x 429 - 131K
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Wow! I thought she looked like Lady Croft before; she's now even more of a dead ringer :-)

Thank you so much for all the work on this and for sharing her, AU :cheese:

edited December 1969

Very Nice likeness to the TR Underworld Lara. Thanks muchly for this Agent Unawares! :-)

edited December 1969

Thanks, and you're welcome. :)

edited December 1969

Ah just got back to this thread. I gottit. Thanks verymuch Agent :)

edited December 1969

You are most welcome. :)

• MeatHead_2010MeatHead_2010 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

where do these files go please to work in daz3? can anyone help? I just messaged you agent.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

NICE work!!!! Very nice work! Which texture set did you use?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

NICE work!!!! Very nice work! Which texture set did you use?

That's beautiful! I'll give it a try later this evening.