remove modifier

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I added a modifier and tried to remove it by clicking the - link in modifier property pannel and it will not remove the modifier. I tried restarting Carrara and loaded a new seen, loaded a new object primative, added an different modifier and when I tried to remove that one, it too woulden't remove. Any Ideeas?
Thanks,
Bruce

Comments

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited February 2013

You have to single-click carefully on the modifier's title. It will highlight, and then you can use the "-" button. It is very easy to miss the right spot - your best bet is to click just to the left of the text of the title between the drop-arrow and the text. Don't click on the text, that will bring up the modifier selection menu.

Untitled-1.jpg
    249 x 171 - 29K
    Post edited by Fenric on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited February 2013

Hi Bruce

Welcome :)

you need to select the modifier you want to remove from the list of modifiers,. ..at that point, the bar will turn white (highlighted) (see pic)
    then you can click the ( - ) to remove it from the list .

You can select an individual modifier by clicking in the empty space on it's title bar,. or in the empty space in it's controls / options area.

Hope it helps :)

I'm too slow,. to beat the fox ;)

modifier_select.jpg
    1014 x 679 - 132K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

took me forever to figure this out too!!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited December 1969

Me too! I could tell that the "-" sign was the key, but highlighting the actual window took a bit to figure out. Then it was... Oh Yeah, Baby!!!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Me too! I could tell that the "-" sign was the key, but highlighting the actual window took a bit to figure out. Then it was... Oh Yeah, Baby!!!

That's actually one of the GUI elements that goes all the way back to Raydream Studio. That, and quite a bit of the Spline modeler, and the fire and fog primitives. There's more as well.

• edited December 1969

Thank you guys for responding so quickly!
    I'm at work right now and will see if it was really that simple when I get home, but it seemed I did click all over the place trying to select it.
    THANKS AGAIN,
    Bruce.