The Feh, Meh, Bah Dragons munched my Classic Car Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Hehe the latest software update to the iPad OS made me laugh, message to the effect that a critical update that prevents MS Exchange servers crashing must be installed. Awww, didn't know they cared :lol:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited February 2013

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    tjohn said:
    Render drop.
    Howard the Duck. The Marvel comic, not the movie.

...and of course the lovely Beverly Switzer.

Nice take of the original #1 cover setting.

Thanks! And cool that you knew the source of my inspiration. :)
    ...had the entire run. Two of my favourites were the "Deadline Doom" issue and "Star Waaagh!" story arc.

One of my favourite characters from the series was Dr Bong.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SnowbugSnowbug Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

We are having a birthday party today, even though it's not actually anyone's birthday... so I guess we're having Misty's party then.

Happy Birthday, Misty :-)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...well, managed to handle a simple dinner. still achy though. Heading off to bed soon.

Not really looking forward to tomorrow.

...nite all.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

the following message is not intended to be political; it is merely an observation of bad coding.

so I was looking for some stores on an online directory. I selected Washington, D.C. as the "state." The state then directed me to Washington STATE, not the federal city. Uh... I saw listings for Seattle and Olympia. I keep thinking that Spokane is the capital of the state. I think Spokane is a regional transit hub for airplanes at least.

To bad there wasn't a place on the website to type in a zip code like 2xxxx. I'm going to email the administrator to see if they can fix the bug.

ok, i gotta go back to creating more badly rendered images. lol

Umm... not really. Olympia is the capitol, and Seattle (well, the Seattle/Tacoma International Airport) is the major airline hub. The only reason Spokane's airport rates 'International' is because the Canadian border is so darn close. The last time a 747 landed at Spokane that I was aware of, it was diverted from a Chicago to Seattle flight. And even then, the runway could only handle it because it was almost empty of fuel, and would only need to take on a little to reach Seattle. Otherwise, it might have had to use Fairchild AFB's runways.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well, managed to handle a simple dinner. still achy though. Heading off to bed soon.

Not really looking forward to tomorrow.

...nite all.

Sleep sweet KK

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Hi bwaomega! Haven't seen you around much.

Dana

edited December 1969

Orange drop hehe love the ol' spikey helmets

sshot.jpg
    1564 x 823 - 190K
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Happy Birthday Misty

Misty Wistys Happy Day
    I hope she won't go astray
    She'll have lots of fun I'm thinking
    And hopefully not too much drinking
    So once more I have to say
    Have a Misty Wisty Day!

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

edited February 2013

underground party drop. Would be better withy tentacles *waves to wooly* :)

O.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 181K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Happy Birthday Misty

happy_birthday_new.jpg
    355 x 320 - 24K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Thank you everbody! Birthday donuts and birthday whelps and party squirrels today! :kiss:

squirrelctales.jpg
    300 x 206 - 8K
    whelpcraft.jpg
    1600 x 1547 - 617K
    ddonuts.png
    579 x 520 - 388K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    underground party drop. Would be better withy tentacles *waves to wooly* :)

Ossssssssssssssssssssssstriches! :coolsmile:

Hiiii! Tentacles eventually.. working on selling most of my worldly possessions right now.. :-S :-S

Gotta buy the pit monster today, it's PERFECT for hentai renders! :vampire:

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2001/13/video/a/

This animation reveals the topography and beauty of the Orion Nebula like never before. Based on data obtained by the Hubble Space Telescope, all of the gas clouds, stars and proplyds are positioned as accurately as possible. The animation ends with a close-up examination of the proplyd HST-10, where astronomers see dust grains clumping in the early formation of rocky planets, but whose gaseous envelope is also being burned away by the Trapezium stars in the nebula's center.

Is only 45 seconds or so long, but impressive =3

edited December 1969

Sleepy. It's dark and cool outside, overcast. Gonna need another coff of cuppie! %-P

Bought more tentacles! :vampire: You can NEVER have too many tentacles! :smirk: Got some IDL tools for PPro as well, and some bits n bobs that were on sale at Rendo. :)

Must.. wake.. up... :bug:

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

fun with Google.com autocomplete. ok, back to work for me. err, school.

autocomplete.jpg
    386 x 259 - 43K
    edited December 1969

the cp store remembered my birthday, they sent a 5 dollar coupie.

is almost lunch time ??? could go for some fresh garlic knots, caesar salad.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Hehe the latest software update to the iPad OS made me laugh, message to the effect that a critical update that prevents MS Exchange servers crashing must be installed. Awww, didn't know they cared :lol:

i was a ccmail admin during the lotus/exchange wars. MS was very sneaky.

• SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Hey, just what I need, a party zone, I'm sick again with the same flue, but much worst (getting a bit better already, but it sucks anyway), last week I got better just in time for a giant party lasting a few days, and I seamed to have spend most of my reserves while still a few flue bitties remained which afterwards kicked back with a vengeance, bleh, so after being pampered non-stop by a load of people, I'm telling passionate people to keep there distance, such cruelty, and now I'm sitting alone a bitsy miserable, *sob* (ok, I'm a bit exaggerating, a gf is coming in soon to kook for me while an other convinced me that a little bit of pampering would not hurt her when she'll drop in in an hour if we are a bit careful, dammit,) anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISTY !!
    **Gives her a virus protected digital hug**

(Of to get dressed and feed me some more aspirin to get some higher energy flowing, and maybe stimulate a bit of social behavior)

**waves** :-S

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Back in the late 90s, COMDEX switched to Lotus for the mail system. It was terrible! You know, if it was left running when you shut down, and you had a new message, Windows would just bounce back on without any notice whatsoever why. I finally figured it out one day. It was Lotus. it didn't warn you that it was still running and you had new messages, it didn't ask if you want to shut it down, it just forced Windows to stay open. it was weird. The desktop would grey out like it usually did when it was shutting down, then suddenly it would come back to full color and life!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Back in the late 90s, COMDEX switched to Lotus for the mail system. It was terrible! You know, if it was left running when you shut down, and you had a new message, Windows would just bounce back on without any notice whatsoever why. I finally figured it out one day. It was Lotus. it didn't warn you that it was still running and you had new messages, it didn't ask if you want to shut it down, it just forced Windows to stay open. it was weird. The desktop would grey out like it usually did when it was shutting down, then suddenly it would come back to full color and life!

Dana

This one I can explain! :) When Windows shuts down, it sends a message to each running process asking if it's OK to shut down. If the app doesn't respond or says "no", Windows will silently cancel the shutdown and pop right back. The app is SUPPOSED to tell you what's going on in that case, not Windows.. but some apps misbehave. :-S

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Wow this has been moving fast specially since I starting better from when I was ill.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Has anyone ever noticed that the only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the bathroom.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Has anyone ever noticed that the only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the bathroom.

LOL!

That happened to me but not all the time.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I'm getting ready for work and I thought I heard a dog get injured. So I run to the window to see what it was... and now I'm mentally scarred. People, please shut your windows when you have sex, so neighbors don't have to be subjected to your alien love howls.

Thank you.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Hi bwaomega! Haven't seen you around much.

Dana

Working and lurking mostly. This is the busy quarter of the year for me.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Stepping into the bathtub will make the phone ring. So will taking an afternoon nap.
    edited December 1969

birthday cake for lunch, :)

they surprised me with birthday cake. well, i wasn't totally surprised, but i had hoped they didn't forget my birfday.

bdaycake.jpg
    441 x 399 - 58K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Happy birthday! Nice cake.

The Daz store is broken, I think.

daz_store.jpg
    819 x 325 - 57K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

hmmm works for me...

dazworks.jpg