Hi

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
edited February 2013 in New Users

I'm really just seeing if i can even post here/

Edit: Guess I can.

I'm Scavenger...I'm new here...kinda...

Wasn't gonna post here, but I got a "not allowed" in the more appropriate area for my question, so I'll have to explore around :).

Here's my dA page, though no 3d Art there, pretty much pure photoshop there so far.

http://scavgraphics.deviantart.com/

Post edited by Scavenger on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

What exactly was the error message that you got ?

Was it the "unable to receive your submission" one.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

It was like "not authorized". It worked just a moment ago, though..Maybe I needed to post an intro post first? shurg.

A bit more to intro about me...if you look to the left, you'll see I joined....almost 10 years ago!?!!!! Aieee...Yet in all this time, I STILL haven't gotten around to learning DAZ Studio (or Poser) I've gathered the software at various promotions, and lots of free models and such, but I just have never put in the time to learn the software :(.

I go thru phases where I get all into learning, and then I fall off...but I'm trying this time to get going (In part motivated by a friend who's looking at using Daz Studio to help with some animation demo reels he's working on).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2013

Try our New Users Help FOrum. It is designed to help people who are just learning the software, whichever software it maybe. AS well as people who know the DAZ 3D stable of programs (Bryce, Carrara, Daz Studio and Hexagon) we do also have people who use Programs like Poser.

New Users Help Forum is here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/97/

Edited to add if you got an unauthorised error, then possibly you were not logged in to the forums, or the fourm software had not recognised you as being fully looged in.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums Scavenger, hopefully your future posting efforts won't cause you any problems.

I look forward to seeing some of your 3D artwork once you get the hang of using the software. As Cho said, come on over to the New Users Help Forum with any questions you have. There's a good group of knowledgeable members who are always willing to help. :-)

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

Are Avatars and Images in signatures rank limited features?

I've tried setting both, images conform to requirements, but I get the message "An error was encountered while attempting to assign your image". Since they comply to the reqs, that leaves me to think a) the system is broken, or b) I haven't hit a rank limit to allow that yet.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

They are just Broke for all users at this time. I wish to Change my Avy but trying will just remove the one I have.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    They are just Broke for all users at this time. I wish to Change my Avy but trying will just remove the one I have.

Ya know, I was wondering about that, as yours usually changed fairly often, and I noticed Pete/Szark doesn't have one at all, and he always did before. Good thing I don't change mine all that often, though I think I'm up for a new one soon.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Ya know, I was wondering about that, as yours usually changed fairly often, and I noticed Pete/Szark doesn't have one at all, and he always did before. Good thing I don't change mine all that often, though I think I'm up for a new one soon.
    I change when the whim hit's me and my life changes, this is my I hate winter Avy. With winter almost done in my part of the world it's time for Jade to show a new face.
  • Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

I'm assuming avatars are still broken? I finally decided to add one but I don't get any joy :( FACELESS!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Welcome back and hope you stick with it once you get done helping your friend. :)
    Cathie