3D Letters in Primitives

kaperkarkaperkar Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

When using the 3d letters, I get funky results when opening in Daz. I have tried sending to Daz and Importing. I have tried with textures and without. I also tried with and without lights. The same letters are always the ones messed up. Any ideas what the problem may be?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

3Delight doesn't like n-gons - big polygons with lots of sides, especially if they are hollow as many letter forms are. A quick fix is to triangulate your letters within Hexagon - a longer, but neater, fix is to select the n-gons (hexagon has a command for that) and divide them down into quads and triangles

• kaperkarkaperkar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick post, I tried adding several more polygons to the letter "E". It didn't change a thing. I also tried rendering in "Reality" . Still nothing. Different fonts don't make a difference either. Does this happen to everyone I wonder or do I have some wierd issue?

Opps, wait a minute....Ahh there it worked...I triangulated n gons after subdividing "using the "Free Teselate" feature. Seems like doing both did the trick. Thanks Richard Your a genious!

• kaperkarkaperkar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I was doing some more work with text and the above listed fix did not seem to work. I hit "decimate" under the utilities menu and that did the trick.