DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Candidate 2

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Ninja45 said:
    I noticed that the Decimator and Mimic Live are included in the bundle. Does this mean that the Free Pro serials work with these too? :P

No, but if you buy a license the serial number will activate the plug in.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

In 4.3.47 I have an issue dialing up M4 morphs, after a certain amount of morphs Studio would just stall.

In the first release of 4.5 Some of my installed morphs would not show up in studio. Mostly the Evolution morphs

Have those issues been fixed?

edited December 1969

The missing morphs needs a product update, if you are looking at the Shaping pane, rather than a DS fix. The morphs should still be accessible through the Parameters pane.

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,554
    edited December 1969

In the first release of 4.5 Some of my installed morphs would not show up in studio. Mostly the Evolution morphs

Have those issues been fixed?

Many of the Evolution morphs are missing for me, too, and I cannot find them in any other tab, including the Parameters one. Some of my custom character morphs have also poofed in this version.

edited December 1969

Remember that most moprhs will appear on the root ("Genesis") in the Parameters pane. Only expression morphs will be on the head.

• edited December 1969

I am sorry but I am finding this has gone from relatively bug free to major pain in arse for some reason. It is acting seriously corrupted and being real stubborn about loading files not sure if there is a cache or such that needs cleaning out

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited July 2012

Never mind... issue resolved... :red:

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • otakuotaku Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So I'm having the same problem as a few other people with the genesis evolution morphs not appearing in shape tab. I understand I can find them in Parameters but they aren't organized there and it's a real pain sifting through all the morphs I've gotten for genesis. When can we expect a product upgrade for the morphs that will fix the problem?

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Does DAZ get the crash reports that are automatically generated and sent to Apple when it crashes on Mac OS X?

4.5(.0.47) crashed too regularly for me, to the point I had to give up and go back to 4.0. (Unfortunately it'd overwritten the Genesis basic figures with the new format, so I can't load any basic Genesis characters anymore in 4.0. My fault for trying to use the same content library. I manage because I typically use characters (V5, Hitomi, Manami, etc.) and mix them together, and that works fine.)

If you don't get crash reports from Apple, (1) you should look into doing that, because it's a trivial and useful way to get crash reports, and (2) how should I submit crash reports? 4.5(.0.47) is definitely unstable. I wouldn't want you to ship that...

-- Morgan

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited July 2012

Never mind, issue resolved ... :red:

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

otaku said:
    So I'm having the same problem as a few other people with the genesis evolution morphs not appearing in shape tab. I understand I can find them in Parameters but they aren't organized there and it's a real pain sifting through all the morphs I've gotten for genesis. When can we expect a product upgrade for the morphs that will fix the problem?
    The information I have is it will happen before release. That requires time from the Content team and they have something with a slightly higher priority at the moment, it is a surprise. :)
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Does DAZ get the crash reports that are automatically generated and sent to Apple when it crashes on Mac OS X?

4.5(.0.47) crashed too regularly for me, to the point I had to give up and go back to 4.0. (Unfortunately it'd overwritten the Genesis basic figures with the new format, so I can't load any basic Genesis characters anymore in 4.0. My fault for trying to use the same content library. I manage because I typically use characters (V5, Hitomi, Manami, etc.) and mix them together, and that works fine.)

If you don't get crash reports from Apple, (1) you should look into doing that, because it's a trivial and useful way to get crash reports, and (2) how should I submit crash reports? 4.5(.0.47) is definitely unstable. I wouldn't want you to ship that...

-- Morgan

We do not. While we could, the issue is we would have no way to track them, or get back to the user to see what they did to get to that point. DAZ Studio also generates a log file and usually a crash dump, both of which are important to tracking down the issue so it can be fixed.

Bugs can be reported at http://bugs.daz3d.com in the DAZ Studio 4 project please. :)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Anyone notice any changes in Save in RC2?

When I 'save rendered image' to my Documents/Renders folder the save dialog remembered the path even if I also saved an image to the Render Library in between. Not in RC2. If I've saved a render from the render window, a FILE/Save Last Render ALWAYS opens to the Render Library.

Also, 'Save' behavior when you Save/Scene always treats the Save as Save As instead no matter how many times you've already saved the scene over itself. I think this happened in RC1 as well. Not sure. But remember it was okay in 4.0. This happens whether I use the File menu or CTRL-S.

I haven't saved anything other than straight scenes or renders.

• edited December 1969

Yeah I have had issues with that as well. But also need to figure out how to get back to normal 4Pro

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited June 2012

Well, I'm sorry to hear about all the probs people are having - I have to say that in the few sessions I've played around with it I haven't noticed any real probs, using WinVista 64bit, though I haven't really tried to 'push' anything yet. I am amazed at how quickly it now renders, even with UE lights at high quality, and how much more vibrant the lighting seems to be. Just last night rendered the below image and didn't have to edit the render whatsoever, apart from resizing for the forum.......no clean-up or filters required, absolutely no postwork other than added background. :coolsmile:

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

EDITED TO ADD: Oh, thought I had re-sized it appropriately - obviously not, and probably not worth re-uploading now anyway.

Post edited by Cymbidium on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

May I ask when the plugins will get updated to work with this? Just saying, because I can't use daz without most of the plugins. Seriously, its madness. :S It's not feasible for use until it works with the plugins (or the plugins work with it). I don't get why a version (not even a full number change) breaks all the plugins. I'm still a bit unhappy about the plugins from DS3 that aren't working in DS4. Not to mention the ones from DS2....

of course there are good things about DS4 RC but need plugins!!!

• edited December 1969

I am using a Win7 64 bit and it has been just having odd quirks

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited June 2012

Okay, now I'm not sure if this is strictly because of the Candidate, because this was rather frequent when I would do this back when my Studio was the regular 4.0 version (even before I went Pro). Just about every time I try to perform Surface modifications on zoomed in selected items such as body parts, small accessories, articles with multiple details, etc. the program itself would suddenly crash on me. No matter what I'm doing, whether it be Defuse or Specular attributes it does this when I try to confirm a change made in the color box.

Why is it doing this? I already sent a bug report about this and even though the announcement promised a response by Friday, my ticket remains unanswered.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Finally installed this verison last night, now whenever I go to put a piece of clothing on genesis it doesn't automatically fit to the figure I have to manually fit it.

edited December 1969

Finally installed this verison last night, now whenever I go to put a piece of clothing on genesis it doesn't automatically fit to the figure I have to manually fit it.

It may seem an odd question, but is the Content Management Service running? Also, does the clothing auto-fit if you drag it from the content pane and drop it on the figure?

• edited December 1969

Ok I need to uninstall this bad puppy. Since it for some reason didn't install with one and probably my error. Will I lose my content if I unistall from the add/remove programs?

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

It may seem an odd question, but is the Content Management Service running? Also, does the clothing auto-fit if you drag it from the content pane and drop it on the figure?

Just checked and drag and drop works, I usually just double click on the clothing and the content management service is not running.

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

I just have to ask, is auto-fit working in D/S 4.5? I don't mind not being able to use Reality right away, but what about Auto-fit? I haven't downloaded it yet because I'm a bit scared of it.

Anyone using it, how stable is it? What problems are you having with it?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Noshoba said:
    Ok I need to uninstall this bad puppy. Since it for some reason didn't install with one and probably my error. Will I lose my content if I unistall from the add/remove programs?
    No you shouldn't lose anything, barring weird errors.
  • ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited June 2012

@Mercedesk: *Points at the official sticky*. Autofit now retains adjustment morphs! All DAZ supplied plug-ins are always updated for the latest version. It's a very very rare occurrence if they do not update one. Apparently some people have problems saving scenes. I'd love to give it a whirl but I can't get it to download for me.

Post edited by ReDave on
    edited December 1969

Hmmmm... okay - still scared though, :red:

edited December 1969

Just checked and drag and drop works, I usually just double click on the clothing and the content management service is not running.

The CMS seems to be necessary for clothes to fit automatically when loaded by a double-click, so what you are seeing is the expected behaviour. I don't know if it's the intended behaviour, though..

edited December 1969

Merged the AutoFit plugin question into this thread.

edited December 1969

All right, I bit the bullet and downloaded it and installed the 32bit version, however, I can't get the 64bit version installed, I keep getting this error message.

======================
    Error Running C:\ProgramFiles\Daz 3D\DAZ Studio 4/dzcoreutil.exe -dvs64: child killed: unknown signal
    ======================

So... how do I get passed this?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited June 2012

This is a bit of a complaint. I'm not saying it's a bug because I suspect it's intended behavior in RC2.

I keep my Poser and pre DS4 Studio files in external runtimes and content dirs and process metadata ONLY for stuff I install directly to My Library (genesis and DS4 files only). To facilitate this I made a new temporary install directory that I do NOT map into Studio 4.

Studio 4.5 RC2 reads metadata installed in that 'hidden' folder anyway. Now I have to read every line in the window that pops up when I open Studio to be sure I'm not processing metadata I DO NOT WANT. Or remember to delete all metadata from that folder before I go near Studio--which is hard to remember if you want to move and test something quickly.

If this IS intended behavior, is there a way around it?

Post edited by Spit on