Genesis Regency Style Dresses

WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
edited February 2013 in Freebies

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136
    edited December 1969

Oh, wow, looks lke you've excelled yourself! Sensibility is such a mess (stretched) when autofitted, so this looks really useful for me. Thanks a lot.

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

Wendy, thank you so much for creating these dresses!
    I had been trying so hard to get the Sensibility dress to work right and as Melaniel stated it always distorted badly on the bottom. And although that has now been fixed using Wancow's tutorial YOUR dresses are actually more accurate to the time period than Daz's.

So thank you ever so much and I hope to create some more textures (yours are just perfect) to go along with your wonderful dresses.

:-)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Glad you like them.

Hope I've packed everything!

The shawl will have to wait as I'm having problems with the rigging.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Another day, another awesome Genesis clothing item from Wilmap!

Day of rest? Wendy knows not the meaning of such a thing :lol:

Many thanks once again - downloading now :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Awesome... So nice, love it. And so veritile, I see many many uses for this set.

edited December 1969

Bad reference to missing file gold foil.jpg can be ignored. There is only one texture file for each dress.

File has been updated.

edited December 1969

Wendy, with the wonderful way you created the Winter dress I realized it would be possible to create, using transmaps, a Spencer jacket (Short jacket) and Pelisse (long coat) to go over both the Winter and Summer dresses. :-)

edited December 1969

Sounds good. Love to see them when you've done them.:-)

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

This is lovely work. Thank you so much.

edited December 1969

Here's a little thank you render I did for Wendy using this dress and some shaders,

regency.jpg
    600 x 780 - 625K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited February 2013

Very nice looking dress set. It looks like it could be very versatile too depending upon how the Material zones are set up. I'm definitely going to be doing some experimenting with this one. I'd say if there's anything "missing" from this, it would be some tiny buttons down the front of the bodice so that it (at least looks like it) could be "opened".

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

For the Elizabeths out there. Here is a bonnet that is like a poke bonnet. You can hid the hair.
    http://fast3d.co.uk/kathindex.htm Click on free downloads and it is the 72nd item on the page.

Image1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 425K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you very, very, very, very, very much!

edited February 2013

Marieah said:
    Here's a little thank you render I did for Wendy using this dress and some shaders,

Oh Marieah, that is a lovely render, thank you.:-)

You have some beautiful textures amongst your shaders that will go so well with this.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    For the Elizabeths out there. Here is a bonnet that is like a poke bonnet. You can hid the hair.
    http://fast3d.co.uk/kathindex.htm Click on free downloads and it is the 72nd item on the page.

Saved me the job of making one Dollygirl. Thank you.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Just downloaded and tried the bonnet and it has some issues. First, it only comes with hair, and when you make the hair invisible, there are about 20 or so miss assigned polygons which should be part of the hair but are assigned to the bonnet. This means that when you make the hair invisible, there are bits of floating bonnet all over her face, as shown.

It can be fixed with patience using the Polygon Group Editor in DS. Example below...

Other than that, it's a very nice bonnet at a really good price. :-)

bonnet1.jpg
    600 x 780 - 462K
    edited December 1969

Supposed to be doing something else, but I have spent the morning making a bonnet for Genesis.

Here's a quick render to show the shape. Textures are just some odd ones I found.

Have I got the shape right? Is this what you want?

Poke_Bonnet.png
    600 x 600 - 376K
    edited December 1969

Looks perfect!

If you have Totally Bazaar there are a heap of nice raffias, straw and palm textures in the Goodies folder...

edited December 1969

Yes you have lots of suitable textures, but I will have to find my own if I want to give it away textured!

edited February 2013

Wow! Oh that bonnet is just perfect Wendy!

Although I have never textured anything before I am working on some transmaps and then some textures for the dresses.
    They won't be as good as yours (or Marieah's) but I am certainly learning from it all, lol. :-)

(I certainly am not as fast as Wilmap! :-) )

Just wanted to add that the shape of that bonnet is really excellent as it can be worn as a summer or winter bonnet using different textures to make it appear as either a heavy warm bonnet or a light airy one. I was actually using the Kid4 Regency bonnet parented to Genesis's head as it was more the shape and style worn compared to the version Daz had created for V4's Sensibility.

Post edited by KinnieM on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited February 2013

Yes the bonnet does need some love. But you know, having DAZ Pro has been the most wonderful thing. To have the tools at your finger tips to fix this and that is so perfect. Now I can take a freebie and make it what I want.

I have a request wilmap. How about a bonnet similar to this? No need for the decorations just the shape.

PokeBonnet.jpg
    534 x 536 - 37K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Yes you have lots of suitable textures, but I will have to find my own if I want to give it away textured!

You are welcome to use one of them as a loading texture.

edited December 1969

How's this bonnet for shape?

bonnet_3.png
    600 x 776 - 266K
    edited December 1969

I like both! The first one shows more face, the second is cute too.

edited February 2013

Both bonnet shapes are wonderful and very accurate to the time period.
    Wendy, you are really great at modeling historical clothing and accessories. :-)

I was wondering however if it would be difficult to also include a facial veil for the second hat as a lot of ladies, to protect their skin, would wear light veils during both summer and winter during their walks or when traveling. And it would be perfect for depicting a lady in mourning. I normally just parent a veil for V4.

edited December 1969

I prefer the first. I think the second shape would be very difficult to make work over hair.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Unfortunatley all bonnets are difficult, but not impossible, to fit with hair.

THe 2nd bonnet is really nice

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Unfortunatley all bonnets are difficult, but not impossible, to fit with hair.

THe 2nd bonnet is really nice

I know an easy one!
    http://www.daz3d.com/xylia-double-french-braids

edited December 1969

KinnieM said:
    Both bonnet shapes are wonderful and very accurate to the time period.
    Wendy, you are really great at modeling historical clothing and accessories. :-)

I was wondering however if it would be difficult to also include a facial veil for the second hat as a lot of ladies, to protect their skin, would wear light veils during both summer and winter during their walks or when traveling. And it would be perfect for depicting a lady in mourning. I normally just parent a veil for V4.

Can you give me some pictures of what the veil looks like please. Helps me to model them correctly.

edited February 2013

Hi Wendy, I have found several pictures that should show the veil with the bonnet. The thing with the veil is that it was in many cases pinned in place and that meant the veil could be pinned to the inside of the bonnet or the outside.

Thank you for doing the bonnets and for trying to create a veil.

(ps. Tried to send the pictures using the pm but it won't allow for attachments.)

il_fullxfull.288170358_.jpg
    1030 x 1500 - 299K
    tumblr_lq8ukyD6eS1qf46efo1_400.jpg
    302 x 500 - 48K
    Bonnet_Veil.JPG
    1200 x 1600 - 561K
    1818turbanandstrawwithscarf.jpg
    268 x 276 - 27K
    82331499408491117_6RysVDUQ_b.jpg
    192 x 244 - 15K