"Bending" objects around a shape

mywazamywaza Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Is it possible to edit the edge to curve it (ala Corel Draw handles)?

Example: Take a rectangular prism and bend it - or will I need to combine two cylinders , etc...

Thanks.

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

It's possible to create any shape you want using booleans, but the more complex the shape the more difficult it becomes.
    I don't know what you mean by "Take a rectangular prism and bend it" it depends on which bit, edge or face you want to bend but except for skewing a primitive, it's not as easy as pulling one of it's handles.

• mywazamywaza Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I managed to use the cylinders to make the object. Worked as expected.

Cheers,

• silk_99cfbbf5d0silk_99cfbbf5d0 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

It's possible to create any shape you want using booleans, but the more complex the shape the more difficult it becomes.
    I don't know what you mean by "Take a rectangular prism and bend it" it depends on which bit, edge or face you want to bend but except for skewing a primitive, it's not as easy as pulling one of it's handles.

I take it he meant Spline based objects.
  • bjorn.lovollbjorn.lovoll Posts: 29
    edited February 2013

Bryce can make most things. But it does not have deformers or any of the more advanced modeling tools.
    With clever use you can get really complex shapes. However if you have specific goals or are impatient, it is faster in other modelers.

Here is an object made entirely out of booleans. I originally made it in Bryce, I later re-made it (using the same exact techniques) in Truespace. Mostly to see how Truespace's modeler stacked up against others I owned (Lightwave, C4d)

If you want to DL the model to play with it, it is free at:

Boolean Tug

btw: how do you link to an external image now? I tried the img tag but it did not work.

Tugboat.jpg
    600 x 450 - 19K
    Post edited by bjorn.lovoll on