Dare we Specul8

another one has arrived

Wendy passes out the popcorn   surprise

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

....................and starts downloading the genesis female 8 starter essentials ........

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

oh Isnt it grate news

W8 and C enlightened

Crash

no surprises there

Misty!!!!!!!!!!! 

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    th3Digit said:

Crash

no surprises there

Misty!!!!!!!!!!! 

lol! thanks - I needed that!

--ms

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis8

While it may be possible for Misty to make a version that works in Carrara, in the same way as she did for G3 figures (I'm still amazed and in awe that you were able to do that!), there is more to this new figure than that, included new shaders for more lifelike skin, and the PoserPose interface for expressions. Stuff that you can't really convert to Carrara. And I have pretty much given up any hope that Daz will make this happen themselves.

PhilW said:

While it may be possible for Misty to make a version that works in Carrara, in the same way as she did for G3 figures (I'm still amazed and in awe that you were able to do that!), there is more to this new figure than that, included new shaders for more lifelike skin, and the PoserPose interface for expressions. Stuff that you can't really convert to Carrara. And I have pretty much given up any hope that Daz will make this happen themselves.

Philw, I'm thinking the powerpose 'feature' is more like a puppeteer-like plugin with figure-specific settings than an ERC-like or other figure-specific mechanism, which means that this particular change/addition may not be a hinderance to Misty or othersb (I hope). Things like eyebrows and new eyes, and toes, and stuff make me wonder how hard the same sort of Misty-fix would be, all the same...

I was actually wondering if the new powerpose can be made to work (hacked) with older characters like G1 and G2... - I still do a lot of animation in DS and this would be handy (I already have puppeteer presets built that do a lot of what that powerpose video shows, sigh). FWIW, It looks an awful lot like Iclone's facial animation interface now... More features are always a plus tho'

cheers,

--ms

speaking of iClone .....

Video I just did with Genesis 8

Wendy - you are so quick to do these!

My point was more that while it may be possible for Misty to hack the actual figure to work in Carrara, the total expersince and render results will still be lacking compared to what can now be done in DS.

PhilW said:

My point was more that while it may be possible for Misty to hack the actual figure to work in Carrara, the total expersince and render results will still be lacking compared to what can now be done in DS.

indeed. I agree with that. I also noticed that even Poser was removed from their Genesis8 blurb list of 'big boys' that daz content can be exported to, let alone Carrara's absence... Certainly not an oversite.

--ms

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391
    edited June 2017

Genesis8 now, eh?

How do you folks keep up?! 

I'm a ways off from using characters very much, yet, but I do need to dive into how to manipulate them so I'm not starting from zero when I do. They do like great though!

Post edited by WsCG on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited June 2017

Forgive my stupidity... is it still a G3 type of figure or is completely different, eg ....requiring all new clothes, hair, morphs, etc ???  frown Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on

they skipped the genesis numbering and went for the figure numbering instead

SileneUK said:

Forgive my stupidity... is it still a G3 type of figure or is completely different, eg ....requiring all new clothes, hair, morphs, etc ???  frown Silene

and yes

It is a new generation of figures, they are providing clones for Genesis, Genesis 2 Male and Female and Genesis 3 Male and Female so you should be able to use clothing from any of those figures, auto-fitted to the new G8F (with the usual caveats about auto-fitting). It is also UV and map compatible with G3F so any textures that you have for G3F can be used. Note that textures that use different UVs to the base figure won't work "out of the box" but there is a way to remap them within Daz Studio - sorry, I can't offhand remember the name of the process to do that. But morphs will all need to be new. G8F has a different base pose to previous figures and so poses will need some adjustments.

Ack.... I am getting 'genesis fatigue'... a sign of age I guess. frown Silene

edited June 2017

well we now get to pick over the discarded figures that work or can be made to work in Carrara with help and their wardrobes at discounted prices.

Think of it like an ThriftShop

we rock that

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    th3Digit said:

Crash

no surprises there

Misty!!!!!!!!!!! 

oh dear.  well haz an idea what to look for in the crashing behavior smiley
    was almost excited when i read she was the most backward compatible figure.

does she have face rigging?

PhilW said:

what about Octane shaders?  or the Luxus and Luxcore?

SileneUK said:

lol  fatigues, yes.

reserving opinion til the g8 dude comes out.

Mistara said:
    SileneUK said:

lol  fatigues, yes.

reserving opinion til the g8 dude comes out.

Well, with car engines you can retro fit a V8 into some smaller engine compartments.... wonder if that applies virtually?  devil  If anyone can, it's Mistara the Miracleworker!  heartSilene

there's something different with her eyelashes?  

her face is longish, reminds me of poser Anastasia/Alyson2.

dunno, between V8 and her morphs ++, 

doh, her expressions ++ is all HD 

Mistara said:

ouch

edited June 2017

preliminary analysis  lol

looks like she's 2 bones short of G3f.  g3f 173, g8f 171.

same binding mode, 'general'  map mode 'dualquat'

think i just have to find those 2 bones difference, or a new mittens rather.

geograft eyelashes might be a good thing for us, nuthin in the way of dynamic hair eyelashes

Post edited by Mistara on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited June 2017

G3 and G8 have exactly the same topology. The only difference is that G8 has sharper armpits and slightly (or not slightly) differently weight painted which led to more successful posing. Screen shots are included.

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity

2017-06-15_2333.png
    856 x 632 - 663K
    2017-06-15_2333_001.png
    855 x 701 - 724K
    Tadasana01.png
    1200 x 1560 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
    Mistara said:
    th3Digit said:

Crash

no surprises there

Misty!!!!!!!!!!! 

oh dear.  well haz an idea what to look for in the crashing behavior smiley
    was almost excited when i read she was the most backward compatible figure.

does she have face rigging?

Yes, she has face rigging, I think the same face bones are present as for G3F. The two missing bones are (I think) the heel bones.

Eyelashes are now a separate part.  I think V8 also comes with fibremesh eyebrows.

Mistara said:
    PhilW said:

what about Octane shaders?  or the Luxus and Luxcore?

Yes, you could build something similar with Octane and probably Luxus/Luxcore, but it wouldn't be "built-in" as for Daz Studio.

mindsong said:
    Mistara said:

ouch

They are marked as HD but it looks to me that they are just moving bones rather than adding anything extra to that.

Vyusur said:

G3 and G8 have exactly the same topology. The only difference is that G8 has sharper armpits and slightly (or not slightly) differently weight painted which led to more successful posing. Screen shorts are included.

there the A pose they were talking about?