The Feh, Meh, Bah Dragons munched my Classic Car Complaint Thread

ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
edited March 2013 in The Commons

M F M said:
ps1borg said:
thought this pic of a black hole is interesting cos its not black :)

It's young... it'll grow into it's blackness, a bit like a baby Goth ;-).

LOL :lol:

There are baby Goths? eta end of Thread.Spam(). Eeta Crikey! Um help Rezca & KK! So not good at official names :lol: The don't complain about my dragon complaint thread? The don't complain about my hot car complaint thread?

Coffee Available Here

eta TY for linking the split mods :)

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited February 2013

So I can't count. :lol:
    "Grats 'Borg!
    The Whatchamacallit Complaint Thread?

eta: I thought it was 10 posts per page. Was 15...

Post edited by TJohn on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited February 2013

tjohn said:
    So I can't count. :lol:
    "Grats 'Borg!
    The Whatchamacallit Complaint Thread?

eta: I thought it was 10 posts per page. Was 15...

Wasn't paying attention, posting and PM-ing at the same time - there used to be 20 posts per page AFAIR, old habits stay habitual hey :lol: Feeling good today for the first time n a while and I guess lots more verbose :lol:

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited February 2013

7thStone said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Low tech is what the greats used :) I have a friend with a big telescope and he showed me mountains on the moon once, they were wondrous strange and breathtakingly unforgettable. We live in the heart of a big city, ironically just around the corner from an old Observatory, so only get to see a few stars occasionally cos of the traffic haze :)

Yeah, light pollution is tough for star gazing. When I moved out of Fall River to where I live now, I saw a big difference. The nearest mall is one mile away. In the other direction there is farmland. There's woods and a pond across the street. Even though there's a street light directly across from my driveway, I can still look up and see more than I could in Fall River.

Dana

I will never forget the first time I clearly saw the Milky Way while camping high up in the Rocky Mountains. Couldn't believe the number of stars in the sky! I now live in low lying coastal mountains and can't even see half or a quarter of the stars I saw then, let alone the Milky Way.

Meanwhile Russia got closer to space then was comfortable this morning and I'm waiting for the big rock to fly by today.

Edit: More on Russian meteor.

Just caught a news item about that on TV wowee I think that is the bit of Russia that was never photographed in the old days as well, was captured by how flat it is, just like in the deep desert here :). Eta thinks haz caught ups by nao :)

• SnowbugSnowbug Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Ummmm........5 book trilogy? :-S

Dana

Yes.
    Douglas Adams was awesome like that.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

I'd suggest "The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread" but I think we already did that.

Howabout...

"The Gryphon Ate my Complaint Thread"
    or
    "Tentacles, coils, and Complaint Threads"
    "Masters of Complaint Thread"
    "Age of Complaint Threads"
    "To Complaint Thread, and beyond!"

Wow some of those sounded so derpy :P

edited December 1969

I got nothing either, except time to think about it :lol:

• edited December 1969

7thStone said:
    Anyway, feh. :blank: meh :blank: bah! :blank:

Feh, Meh,Bah! So low is me! the new Woolyloach ting...!

Is there a somber version of "Do-Re-Mi" in the form of "Feh-Meh-Bah"?

If not... THERE SHOULD BE :exclaim:

Ok, having stuffed down a large soft taco with likely too much hot salsa :red: let me see here..

Feh! A way, I feel myself
    Meh! I just don't give a darn!
    Bah! Who cares, any-way?
    Argh! This really is no fun!
    Blech! I'm feeling kind of dead
    Grrr! I'm angry and I'm red
    Yecch! Oh geez this is a mess!
    Which brings us back to FEH!

Feh, meh, bah, argh, blech, grr, yecch, FEH! :ahhh: :ahhh:

+2 to 7thStone for the inspiration...! :vampire: :snake:

Hmmm... How about "The Feh, Meh, Bah, Argh, Blech, Grr, Yecch Complaint Thread"? Or "The Feh, Meh, Bah Complaint Thread" for short? No? ;-P

• edited December 1969

snowbug said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Yes.

Hehehe... Yep!

Hey... Anyone else listen to the radio broadcast series version of the books? I was actually exposed to the radio broadcast before I read the books. Good times! :coolsmile:

edited February 2013

Started MoO1. Got no idea what I'm doing XD

Built a couple of ships, colonized a few planets, but that's it.

Reminiscent of Civilization IV's "Final Frontier" mod. Except there's no space hazards (Outside of random events ofc)

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited February 2013

7thStone said:
    7thStone said:
    Anyway, feh. :blank: meh :blank: bah! :blank:

Feh, Meh,Bah! So low is me! the new Woolyloach ting...!

Is there a somber version of "Do-Re-Mi" in the form of "Feh-Meh-Bah"?

If not... THERE SHOULD BE :exclaim:

Ok, having stuffed down a large soft taco with likely too much hot salsa :red: let me see here..

Feh! A way, I feel myself
    Meh! I just don't give a darn!
    Bah! Who cares, any-way?
    Argh! This really is no fun!
    Blech! I'm feeling kind of dead
    Grrr! I'm angry and I'm red
    Yecch! Oh geez this is a mess!
    Which brings us back to FEH!

Feh, meh, bah, argh, blech, grr, yecch, FEH! :ahhh: :ahhh:

+2 to 7thStone for the inspiration...! :vampire: :snake:

Hmmm... How about "The Feh, Meh, Bah, Argh, Blech, Grr, Yecch Complaint Thread"? Or "The Feh, Meh, Bah Complaint Thread" for short? No? ;-P

hehe gr8 :). The five part trilogy complaint thread

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

I hope a link is posted to the new thread when it's set up, so we don't have to search for it. I find searching in here hit or miss...more miss.

Dana

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

7thStone said:
    snowbug said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Yes.

Hehehe... Yep!
    Hey... Anyone else listen to the radio broadcast series version of the books? I was actually exposed to the radio broadcast before I read the books. Good times! :coolsmile:
    I listened to the radio series after reading the books... liked them both, even though they differed a bit (~_~)d. Interesting comparing the pros and cons of the different media.
    edited December 1969

Time to split! (the thread) :)

edited December 1969

A link to the new thread upon its creation would be appreciated yes. =3

Also... NEW ART!
    This was sketched very quickly in photoshop with a 2px brush and no real reference or idea to go by... I just wanted a snake hanging from a tree-branch.
    I quickly had something, then blocking in some basic colors. I started with the mouth. As I was thinking of what kinda snake I wanted, I thought "Why not my precious shapeshifting wyvern Rae-rae?" so I chose the loveable clumsy wyvern's red and cream colors and blocked those in.

The tree was frustrating since I've never painted foliage before :XD:
    I ended up taking a photograph and slapping it over the tree and branches...

Overall, the entire piece took about 30 - 45 minutes to complete...

FromAbove.jpg
    845 x 946 - 517K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    edited February 2013

DanaTA said:
    Usually you can't see that great color if you were to look at nebula with the naked eye through a powerful telescope. The colors are too faint for that, you mostly see white and shades of gray. You can see the Orion Nebula with the naked eye...it looks like a fuzzy area near one of the three stars that make up his belt. With binoculars (at least decent ones) it become more clearly a cloud-like formation, and you can see a lot more of the stars that are in the area as well. I used to know more about the location of things, but without use, knowledge fades. I'd love to have a 16" deep space telescope with on-board computer go-to drive. But those are quite expensive. Even an 8" scope is expensive. I did use both an 8" and 11" Schmidt Cassegrain scope when in Astronomy class in college. I watched one of Jupiter's moons pass over Jupiter one night after class. It was pretty cool. That was with the 11" scope. When I was younger, I viewed Jupiter with a Sears 3" refractor, and could see the color of the bands, faintly. In the mid 60's I used that scope, a sun filter and a Kodak instamatic camera to capture images of a solar eclipse. It was totally low-tech. I just held the camera against the eyepiece, gently. I was surprised by how well the images came out. It was not a total eclipse, at least not in my area, but very near total. I was fortunate that the filter was actually dark and thourough. Mostly, that type of screw-in filter (screwed into the eyepiece) is not considered good eye protection. But I think the glass of the filter was a solid tint, not just a surface tint. I used to use it to look at the sunspots. That was cool. Even at the low magnification that scope gave (I did use a barlow lens that really made it big, more than filling the view), I could see the effect of the rotation of the earth and the movement of the sun...it would drift out of position slowly. Same for the moon when I viewed that. Alas, that scope went into disrepair.

Dana

...at my college in northern Wisconsin we had the luxury of a 16" Schmidt Cassegrain in the dome on top of the science lab building. One of the best work study positions i ever had.even though we froze our bums off during the winter (when the atmosphere was the most stable). The Orion nebula was spectacular.

...The Stargazer's Lament Complaint Thread.
    ...The One Space Rock can Ruin Your Whole Day Complaint Thread
    ...The Bugger, I Got Home Too Late From Work And The Thread Rolled Over Complaint Thread.
    ...The I need To Win The Megabucks So I can Stay Home And Finally Rename The Complaint Thread Complaint Thread

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Also... NEW ART!
    This was sketched very quickly in photoshop with a 2px brush and no real reference or idea to go by... I just wanted a snake hanging from a tree-branch.
    I quickly had something, then blocking in some basic colors. I started with the mouth. As I was thinking of what kinda snake I wanted, I thought "Why not my precious shapeshifting wyvern Rae-rae?" so I chose the loveable clumsy wyvern's red and cream colors and blocked those in.

Better than I could do...which is almost nothing. I know how to use PhotoShop for certain things, but I don't know how to draw with it. I have a bunch of books and magazines, but haven't had the time or inspiration to delve into them.

Dana

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...at my college in northern Wisconsin we had the luxury of a 16" Schmidt Cassegrain in the dome on top of the science lab building. One of the best work study positions i ever had.even though we froze our bums off during the winter (when the atmosphere was the most stable). The Orion nebula was spectacular.

...The Stargazer's Lament Complaint Thread.
    ...The One Space Rock can Ruin Your Whole Day Complaint Thread
    ...The Bugger, I Got Home Too Late From Work And The Thread Rolled Over Complaint Thread.
    ...The I need To Win The Megabucks So I can Stay Home And Finally Rename The Complaint Thread Complaint Thread

Cool! We didn't have a dome, we were just up on the roof of the building.

Dana

• edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    The five part trilogy complaint thread

I like it! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    7thStone said:
    snowbug said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Yes.

Hehehe... Yep!
    I listened to the radio series after reading the books... liked them both, even though they differed a bit (~_~)d. Interesting comparing the pros and cons of the different media.

Radio series on the ABC years ago, TV series on some channel years ago, haven't read the books :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Also... NEW ART!

Great stuff, he yellows are perfect you have a thoughtful eye for colour :)

edited December 1969

Hot night again. Hot hot hot, moonless and real dark :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Brain is all blerr and my stomach is in knots. UNFUN!

edited February 2013

Skiriki said:
    Brain is all blerr and my stomach is in knots. UNFUN!

That's crappy :(. Is there anything you can do to diminish suffering? *hates suffering*

edited December 1969

Nah, the usual. Just eating pain meds and waiting for it to go away.

edited December 1969

Well I hope it all goes away for you soon. Strange, think there is a Cicada in one of our chimney's, there are cricket kinda noises coming from the fireplace :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Well I hope it all goes away for you soon. Strange, think there is a Cicada in one of our chimney's, there are cricket kinda noises coming from the fireplace :lol:

Oh, you have a cricket on the hearth! Those are supposed to be good luck.
    Squish it.

Sorry, I have a headache.

edited February 2013

Hmm how do I make new ship designs in MoO2? I figured out how to do it (And name new ones!) in the first game, but can't figure out how to do so in the second game. All I can find is the option to "Refit" an existing ship, and apparently this option is greyed out unless a ship is docked there ><</p>

(Also, I like how all the ships I have are named after snakes XD )

*EDIT* Wait never mind I found it. Refit is for existing ships, Design is for modifying future ships. I guess you can't make completely new designs beyond the current ones?

orion2_000.png
    640 x 480 - 46K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Oh, you have a cricket on the hearth! Those are supposed to be good luck.
    Squish it.

Sorry, I have a headache.

Need some good fortune for the next couple of weeks :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    *EDIT* Wait never mind I found it. Refit is for existing ships, Design is for modifying future ships. I guess you can't make completely new designs beyond the current ones?

You need to develop technology related to ships in order to get better ships.

Protip: phasors can be boosted into something totally obscene, and thanks to their lightweight structure, you can load a lot of them into, say, a doomstar. Like... 1000 of them. They will totally eat their way through enemies, once you're there. They are, however, extremely high tech.

edited December 1969

Hmmm. A too many zeros in the particle limit box complaint post:

2m2.png
    332 x 320 - 27K
    2many.png
    659 x 182 - 36K
This discussion has been closed.