GenX and DSF Toolbox Updates for DS 4.5

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...maybe this is a better place to address the issues I'm having.

Purchased GenerationX, the V4/M4/Steph4/A3/H3 body shapes for Genesis on the understanding that the plugin should allow me to load morphs and characters for the various supported shapes into Genesis.

However all I can seem to get to work are the base figure morphs and none of the additional ones (like the V4 morphs++ or Steph4 NPMs) will translate. Also injecting character shapes for the supported figures frequently results in less than desirable outcomes.

I'm not sure if I am going about this right.

I was instructed to set up a Gen4/Gen3 figure with the morphs I wanted, then open a new Genesis, but how do I combine them? Using the "Load Figure" option only loads the base figure form the folder in the Poser Runtime. I tried to save a character with the morphs added but 4.5 will not let me do so as it is not a tri-ax weight mapped figure. Apparently I can only save the Gen4 character as a script under the "Depreciated" selection of the "Save As" menu which is not accessible by GenX as the plugin only looks for a .cr3/.crz

This is most vexing as I invested a good deal in the above items which I thought I needed with the goal of using the existing figures/content I invested in over the years with Genesis.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

That contextual menu thing of making it show all controled morphs, certainly worked for me on a balky morph which had refused to come in at all.

I'm finding that setting up the Gen4 or Gen3 figure with the morphs applied and exporting it to a .cr2 seems to work as well or better than dragging the morph into the transfer window. But the transfer brings in that specific state rather than a whole range of internal morph options.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I'm not near my own computer atm, but what you need to do is dial either Michael or Victoria (3 or 4, depending on which figure the non-Genesis figure and morphs are made for) on the Genesis figure. Drag the Gen 3/4 items from the Content Library onto the GenX pane. Select which morphs you want transferred, decide whether you want to create a single morph or separate ones, and click 'transfer'.

I may have missed a step, but I don't think so. This is the only tutorial I've found for GenX: http://takoyakida.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/13803069-genx-plug-in-tutorial .

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

V4 Morphs++ is pretty straightforward:

I've customized my V4 Morphs++ installation, so I can't remember what's there by default and what isn't. If you have a V4 CR2 with the V4++ morphs integrated, load that, if not you need to first load V4.2 and then load Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:InjDeltas.V4Morphs++All.pz2 or any other file that loads all of the ++ morphs, which will populate the list of morphs in Gen-X.

Then for the 4 buttons below the list of morphs
    Select "Selected Morphs" for the top left button
    For the top right "Select" button, choose "Transfer All On"
    Select Victoria 4 for the bottom left button
    Press "Transfer"

Done

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

I was instructed to set up a Gen4/Gen3 figure with the morphs I wanted, then open a new Genesis, but how do I combine them?

You don't. If you're trying to save a specific dialled morph, then set it up, then Export it as a CR2

Now load the new CR2 into Gen-X.

Then for the 4 buttons below the list of morphs
    Select “Create Single Morph” for the top left button
    For the top right “Select” button, choose “Transfer: On For All Non-Zero Values”
    Select appropriate figure for the bottom left button
    Press “Transfer”

Complete the Pop-Up which appears, which lets you select Morph Name, icon etc, then press Accept

Done

Now open a new Genesis, and your morph should be there.

edited December 1969

I find I have to quit Studio and relaunch it for the new morphs to show up. They don't update on the fly.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

JOdel: Dependencies between dials can be rather complex so it would be difficult to implent an option to change them inside of GenX. GenX should keep all dependecies as they are when using the figure in Poser.
    What you can do is:
    1. Compensate the value from the body dial in the head morph by setting it to the negative value. (Double click on the value to change it manually.)
    2. Remove the dependency in the morph injection pose. (The lines from valueOpDeltaAdd to deltaAddDelta define the dependency.)

Kyoto Kid: You can load Gen3 and Gen4 figures as well as their morph injections directly into GenX. There, you select the morphs to transfer and how to transfer them. After transfer, the morphs are loaded automatically with every new Genesis instance. There's no need to set up the figure in a DS scene before. But if you do, you can still use the CR2 export of DS to get them into GenX.

JOdel: Usually, it should be enough to start a new scene to get Genesis to load with the newly transferred morphs.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    I'm not near my own computer atm, but what you need to do is dial either Michael or Victoria (3 or 4, depending on which figure the non-Genesis figure and morphs are made for) on the Genesis figure. Drag the Gen 3/4 items from the Content Library onto the GenX pane. Select which morphs you want transferred, decide whether you want to create a single morph or separate ones, and click 'transfer'.

I may have missed a step, but I don't think so. This is the only tutorial I've found for GenX: http://takoyakida.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/13803069-genx-plug-in-tutorial .

...many many thanks. That did it.

Now on to make the Genesis teen

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

I transferred a bunch of V4 facial Expressions to Genesis - but when I apply them, my androgynous Genesis has its V4 set to full strenght. Is there a way to transfer only the facial morphs and not the body or character info that must have been contained in those facial expressions?

Thanks

edited December 1969

...OK here's the results.

leela_swimsuit.jpg
    800 x 1131 - 542K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756
    edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK here's the results.

That looks great. You should post it over in the ongoing Genesis Teens thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/518/

Edit: and you already did. Dang thread lag...

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 1969

I transferred a bunch of V4 facial Expressions to Genesis - but when I apply them, my androgynous Genesis has its V4 set to full strenght. Is there a way to transfer only the facial morphs and not the body or character info that must have been contained in those facial expressions?

Thanks

How did you transfer the expressions? When you create presets in the "Presets" tab, you can turn off "Shaping morphs" and "Fixing controllers" in the include options to prevent the base shape like V4 is set by the preset as well. (The preset dialog that pops up in the "Transfer" tab has the same options.) Otherwise, you can still reset the "Victoria 4" morph of Genesis to go back to the default shape after applying the preset.

• pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72
    edited January 2013

OK. Not off to a good start.

I am trying to transfer Jepe's Adrian to M4. According to the pdf, I drag the injection morph over. But when I do that, DAZ Studio crashes. What am I doing wrong?

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\d3dGenX.dll" at 0033:00000000ED1181A5

It seems to be the body morphs that cause the crash, but not sure what is going on. Drag and drop causes crash all the time. Sometime I can click the Load Pose button, but it is crashing too on the body.

Do I have to use the Morph++ poses for M4 too

OK. Watched the video tutorial - thanks! As I understand it now, you do the head morph, then do it again for the body morphs, just not all at once as I was trying to do.

Post edited by pwalters58 on
    edited December 1969

I keep running into inadvertantly bringing in head size morphs when porting some expressions. Will turing off the shaping morphs and fixing controllers get around that?

edited December 1969

I recently tried converting She-Freak 2 for V3, with no luck. I have the GenX expansions for the Gen3 figures, but all I got converted were the V3 morphs (not the V3 character shape, though). I haven't had any trouble with most of the Gen4 morphs I've tried. I can Load V3 in Studio and apply the SF morphs just fine, but I haven't been able to convert them yet to use in Genesis. I'm using the same method as with my Gen 4 figures; should I be doing something different?

edited December 1969

Peggy Walters: Usually, it shouldn't matter how many morphs you load into GenX at once. In particular, loading head and body morphs of one character should be no problem. I don't own Adrian M4, so I can't try myself. If it works in DS without loading the M4 morphs before, it should do so in GenX as well. If you keep getting crashes, there might be something unusual in the pose.

Try to load M4 in DS and apply the morph injection poses there. Try to export the figure as a CR2 and see it works to load this exported CR2 into GenX. If the figure doesn't use custom morphs, but only sets dial values for the Morphs++, you can also try a simpler way. Load M4 and the Morphs++ in GenX. Then, get the morph values from the DS scene with the "Get values from figure in scene" menu entry when you click on "Select".

JOdel: Not sure what you mean by "head size morphs" included in expressions. If this are regular morphs or morphs controlling the scaling, then GenX can't know from the expression what they are doing. Expressions only contain the (internal) morph name and the dial value. If this are values for scaling parameters, uncheck "Scalings" in the presets tab to exclude them in the translation.

riftwitch: What exactly is the problem with She Freak 2? When you can load the morphs in DS, you have the right version of V3 that can load it, and so GenX should be able to load it as well. Are the SheFreak morphs shown in the morph list? If not, try the "Show in list" options from the context menu to show all available morphs.

edited December 1969

Peggy Walters: Usually, it shouldn't matter how many morphs you load into GenX at once. In particular, loading head and body morphs of one character should be no problem. I don't own Adrian M4, so I can't try myself. If it works in DS without loading the M4 morphs before, it should do so in GenX as well. If you keep getting crashes, there might be something unusual in the pose.

Try to load M4 in DS and apply the morph injection poses there. Try to export the figure as a CR2 and see it works to load this exported CR2 into GenX. If the figure doesn't use custom morphs, but only sets dial values for the Morphs++, you can also try a simpler way. Load M4 and the Morphs++ in GenX. Then, get the morph values from the DS scene with the "Get values from figure in scene" menu entry when you click on "Select".

JOdel: Not sure what you mean by "head size morphs" included in expressions. If this are regular morphs or morphs controlling the scaling, then GenX can't know from the expression what they are doing. Expressions only contain the (internal) morph name and the dial value. If this are values for scaling parameters, uncheck "Scalings" in the presets tab to exclude them in the translation.

riftwitch: What exactly is the problem with She Freak 2? When you can load the morphs in DS, you have the right version of V3 that can load it, and so GenX should be able to load it as well. Are the SheFreak morphs shown in the morph list? If not, try the "Show in list" options from the context menu to show all available morphs.

I've tried the 'show in list' options, but the morphs aren't showing. I've also tried exporting the SF2 figure as a cr2, so I can try the 'load figure' option, but I can't get Studio to export either. I'll keep working on it.

edited January 2013

I did finally get the first one to work, but only the head. The body morphs cause DAZ Studio to close. No error message.

I am trying to use GenX to transfer another character (JM_Lazarus). Now once I hit accept, nothing happens. It just stays on the sceen forever.

How do I fix this? I am about to ask for a refund and deleating DAZ Studio.

edited January 2013

I tried another character - this time Duncan. Same result - it just hangs on the Accept screen. I tried re-installing and rebooting computer. No help.

I read a tutorial on Renderosity that says to save the character as a CR2. I will try this way too.

Yes! Going the CR2 route worked. I now have two characters done.

edited December 1969

I have Lazarus from Morris, so I gave it a try. I can't find any problem with it.

If you use the transfer mode "Create single morph", you must enter a name for the morph to create. Otherwise, the "Accept" button will do nothing because of the missing parameter.

edited December 1969

I added a name. Can't figure out why it didn't work just dragging the morphs over, but it does when I use a CR2.

• rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

D3D please can you let me know if the current version of GenX is compatible with the new DS release 4.5.1.56.

Many thanks

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Obviously I'm not D3D, but I was using GenX last night with latest build of DAZ Studio and it works fine ;)

edited December 1969

Peggy Walters: If the "Accept" button refuses to start morph transfer, some parameters are missing or invalid. For the "Create single morph" mode, it should work if you enter a name and leave the rest as it is.

randomthoughts: Yes, GenX works with the actual version DS 4.5.1.56.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Sorry if this the wrong thread to revive, but I would really like to get Gen X working for me.

I purchased Gen 4 at the get go, and have used that successfully for transferring morphs, and still can. I purchased the Gen X upgrade from Daz when it was released, installed it, added the serial and validated it with the Rendo info. I've updated the program as and when, and am currently running version 1.2 in Studio 4.5 64 bit, but have yet to understand how to actually operate it, and would like to lick this problem once and for all!

I have a Gen X tab which I open and then I'm stuck. Everything is greyed out, so I can't click on anything with the mouse, and if I try to drag and drop cr2 files or injection morphs I just get the "no entry" icon. I wondered whether I needed to validate the program again since updating, but can't remember how to do that. According to the manual I need to enter my info into the Validate field on the Gen x tab, but I can't find anything like that there. And anyway, everything's greyed out!

No doubt I'm missing something really basic, but in desperation I turn to the community for help. I would be forever grateful if someone could point me in the right direction so that I can get this plug-in to work for me.

Many thanks in advance :)

edited December 1969

If everything is grayed out in the GenX tab, this means that you haven't entered the order data from Renderosity yet to validate the upgrade.

Go to the tab menu of GenX and select "Validate GenX" to enter the order data. The tab menu is the icon with the triangle on top of some lines above all of the tab selectors. If the menu entry is missing, you have to use the customize feature (located in the main edit menu) to bring it back.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

If everything is grayed out in the GenX tab, this means that you haven't entered the order data from Renderosity yet to validate the upgrade.

Go to the tab menu of GenX and select "Validate GenX" to enter the order data. The tab menu is the icon with the triangle on top of some lines above all of the tab selectors. If the menu entry is missing, you have to use the customize feature (located in the main edit menu) to bring it back.

Thanks for getting back so swiftly Mr 3D! It took a bit of faffing but I finally got there. The About and Validate entries were missing from the tab, and I wasn't sure how to bring them back via Customize, so I tried changing to a different Workspace, and hey presto, they appeared! I input the Rendo info, changed the Workspace back, the entries disappeared again (go figure!), but GenX is now cooking with gas, and I can look foward to using the current version within Studio now. I guessed I needed to validate the program, but didn't anticipate the entry simply going AWOL from the tab, but it wouldn't be the first bit of layout weirdness I've stumbled upon!

Many thanks and all the best :)

• UrumikeUrumike Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I'm having a bit of troubles right now with this otherwise cool plugin.

I'm trying to bring my dialled Studio 3 chars to 4.5, V4's at the moment.

The problem I'm facing is the transfer of the morphs++ breast movement.
    No matter what I try, they seem to end up empty...

Anyone got them transferred properly working?

Thanks for any help!

edited December 1969

..having issues bringing some of the V4++ morphs in (like "Arms Thickness", "Young FBM" etc.)

Seems I have to reload V4 every time but when I do the only body morphs that appear are the generic "Male Body","Male Body - No Scale" along with just the standard head pose morphs.

edited December 1969

I finally got She-Freak 2 (the V3 version) converted. Once I found out how to export a cr2, I was able to load that and get the morphs. Now I just need to convert the other two shapes that came with it, and I can move on to the other older figures I have. I'm really glad this plugin exists. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.