Shader Baker in DS4

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does this work in DS4?

I loaded a shader for Black Leather in the shader Mixer, applied it to some pants. Selected the pants material zone in surfaces, went to the Shader Baker tab, set directory and baked.

Nothing

Log says this:

ERROR: 3Delight Process exited abnormally: "C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/bin/tdlmake.exe -ushort -bakeres 1024 -nomipmap

Any known issues there?

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

It looks like you didn't select a path for the texture to be saved.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

Nope, that was the "set directory" part of the above. The directory path was set. I made a folder on the desktop. Can you "bake" a shader that was from the shader mixer?

edited December 1969

I tried several different ones that were based on shader mixer.
    It does not work for me, all I get is a pure white texture map.

• edited June 2012

You need to add a baker brick to the brick set up and connect the inputs to match the type of bake you are doing in order to make that set up capable of baking.

*edited by Mod to resize/crop image*

shaderbaker_800.jpg
    800 x 734 - 52K
    Post edited by adamr001 on
    edited December 1969

I believe adding such a brick is only possible if you have the source file.
    AFAIK, there is no way to do this on a commercial product that has already been compiled as .dsa

• edited December 1969

Apply the material to a surface and select that surface in the surfaces pane, then in shader mixer file->Import from Scene->material.

This will load the network into shader mixer. There are plans for qa to adopt a policy of requiring the bake brick to be part of submitted shader mixer created materials to avoid users having to add the brick themselves.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited June 2012

If it's a Shader Mixer shader that doesn't matter as you can always open it in Shader Mixer, but for a hand-coded shader (or one built with Shader Builder) supplied as an .sdl file you are right. The .dsa, in the case of a compiled shader, will just be the settings.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

DAZ_PaulD said:
    Apply the material to a surface and select that surface in the surfaces pane, then in shader mixer file->Import from Scene->material.

This will load the network into shader mixer. There are plans for qa to adopt a policy of requiring the bake brick to be part of submitted shader mixer created materials to avoid users having to add the brick themselves.

Thanks for the network and the info.