Forum Post Ranks

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
edited June 2012 in The Commons

I'm not sure if this has been explained or asked already, but I'm just curious as to what the member post ranks are. So far I've only seen the following:

New Member = 0 Posts

Member = 25 Posts

Active Member = 250 Posts

That and of course special titles like Administrator, Moderator, and other Community ranks. So, what's the full list?

Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's part of the fun. Finding out when it happens.

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

I don't understand the obsession with post counts some seem to have.
    I think any titles (which is a better word for it than 'rank') should be more closely related to your join date rather than how many times you've blabbed your mouth off.
    I visit every day but don't always post, yet I'm still considered a 'new member' even though I joined on day one?

I could post 50 useless comments in one day if I needed the ego boost, but taking pride in that would seem a little too pathetic to bother.

• jcowb1jcowb1 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Timmoth said:
    I don't understand the obsession with post counts some seem to have.
    I think any titles (which is a better word for it than 'rank') should be more closely related to your join date rather than how many times you've blabbed your mouth off.
    I visit every day but don't always post, yet I'm still considered a 'new member' even though I joined on day one?

I could post 50 useless comments in one day if I needed the ego boost, but taking pride in that would seem a little too pathetic to bother.

Must agree with this, although I must admit I've toyed with the idea of saying HI in lots of links.:cheese:
    Damn you've got more posts than me!:sick:

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

I don't see the logic of competing about post counts, either. But I'm susceptible sometimes (see sig).

"New Member" really should be about join date, poor choice of words, on someone's part.

OTOH, We see the join date, so it wouldn't make sense to put it in the title...

So... that leaves me with a question. If pips equal rank, then, what if there's a Hyperactive Member category which gets 3 pips...

Would they outrank forum administrators?

Only 151 posts to go! Then I can quit posting, and savor the irony of being called an Active Member.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

2500 posts - Hyper-active Member
    25.0000 posts - ADHD Member.....

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

:lol:

Oh, hey, yeah, I hadn't noticed, duh, it is power of ten.

Well, we won't find out about the pips issue for a while yet.

And Richard Haseltine is an administrator...

So... either we won't find out until the next poster beats it...

... or a paradox could be created... who knows what might happen then?
    Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,799
    edited June 2012

. . . . . and I gotta learn to lurk more instead of blabbing!
    囧OOPS!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

I have problems with ADD (not ADHD as I am not too hyperactive) I get distracted easily.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

I am ADD so I get distracted and change the subject of a convo all the time.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

What was that you were talking about Frank.

edited June 2012

I don't remember. First it was cooking they it was planting a couple flowers, then doing a new model. That was just in the last couple minutes while doing promo's and reading the forums.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

talking about cooking. I need to war up my potato with some cheese and bacon.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I know that's a typo but I see a Potato with a Bacon gun Cheese bullets and a Cheese helmet going off to WAR.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I know that's a typo but I see a Potato with a Bacon gun Cheese bullets and a Cheese helmet going off to WAR.

oops I meant warm up my potato.

Beware of the potato as it is going to war!

edited December 1969

Potato with bacon, cheese, and sour cream with chives sounds REALLY good right now.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

I had that good old fashioned Brithish standbye Spaghetti Bolognese, or scraggy bog as my Son insists on calling it.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited June 2012

Frank0314 said:
    Potato with bacon, cheese, and sour cream with chives sounds REALLY good right now.

I do not have sour cream and I forgot what i did with the chives. I just had several kinds of cheese with bacon on a potato.

Edit: had to remove Melody's picture

Micahwithbooks.jpg
    800 x 600 - 415K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited December 1969

I love that color grey.

edited December 1969

Micah is now happier because I removed the books from his chair. Now he is curled up on the chair drifting to feline nap world.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

When will this be available in the store? How much discount will the PC members get? Will it also fit the Millenium Cow or is it just for Genesis?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

1.000.000 posts - HowIendeduphereIcantre Member

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Jaderail said:

When will this be available in the store? How much discount will the PC members get? Will it also fit the Millenium Cow or is it just for Genesis?

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/08/10/if-mr-potato-head-wa.html

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Jaderail said:

No it is just for potatoes. Will not fit either the Millenium Cow or Genesis. Maybe we can get a potato shape for genesis and someone will release a version of the outfit for the Genesis potato. (then people will ask for a sweet potato morph and textures for the genesis potato. then we would also have the other ways to cook potatoes and sweet potatoes too.)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

oops I meant warm up my potato.

Beware of the potato as it is going to war!

That would be a fun render, actually!! :bug:

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Jaderail said:

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/08/10/if-mr-potato-head-wa.html

Now, this is cute. :)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2012

Wow, for a lot of people who don't like the idea of member post counts, you all managed to already crank this thread up a page! :lol:

But as for the topic at hand, I honestly don't care for post whoring, myself. But I don't think that's the case with most guys here. Yes, a lot of you guys have your old forum post counts in your signatures, but I also know it's because that's something all of you, especially most of you, accumulated over a long period of time.

Don't worry, I absolutely agree that rank should be respectful to the member's time and experience with DAZ, not their post counts. but to some long-time DAZers, those posts big numbers ARE their badges of honor. I was just curious as to what exactly the ranks are.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

Not sure why I put my old post count in my signature. I put it in there but did not think much about it. hmmm I do not know what to think.

edited December 1969

Not sure why I put my old post count in my signature. I put it in there but did not think much about it. hmmm I do not know what to think.

That's another thing! How in the name of Victoria 4's non-existent Everyday Clothing line did you rack up 700+ posts in just a few weeks?
    edited December 1969

That's another thing! How in the name of Victoria 4's non-existent Everyday Clothing line did you rack up 700+ posts in just a few weeks?

one post at a time? How long have we been able to post in the new forums?

edited December 1969

one post at a time? How long have we been able to post in the new forums?
    I want to say a bout 3 weeks...