The Book is Out - Did Anyone Get Their Copy?

maraichmaraich Posts: 489
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Anyone remember the contest we had a few months back to get our renders in the new DAZ book? As I recall the folks whose work was included were supposed to get a copy of the book. I see that it is out and available at Amazon, but I haven't seen a copy of it show up in my mailbox, or been contacted via e-mail to get my mailing address (I don't recall if they took that down when they got my permission to use the image). Anyone else get theirs?

http://www.amazon.com/Figures-Characters-Avatars-Official-Beautiful/dp/1435461207/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1339578658&sr=8-6&keywords=DAZ

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited June 2012

Mine arrived last week. Bit disappointed in it really. Nothing much in it if you have been using DS4 for a while.

I didn't enter the competition though, I bought it.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If I remember it correctly, one of the points of contention in the original thread, in the old fourm, was that the people who submitted artwork were NOT offered a copy of the book if their image was selected for the book.

• ba_aca2a9241dba_aca2a9241d Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Same as usual, you can submit your art, someone makes money of it and the artist is left with nothing at all. Main reason I never participate in things like these. If you're going to make money from a product at least do have the courtesy to pay the artwork for what it's worth. but that's just my opinion......

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I was one of the contest entrants and was told by the publishing company that we would get a free copy of the book in return for the use of our artwork. I haven't received mine yet, but was in contact with the editor late last week, and Emi informed me that they were being mailed out last week. So give it another week or so and if you haven't gotten by then give Emi an email. I kept my emails from her and she definitely asked me for my mailing address.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

I was one of the contest entrants and was told by the publishing company that we would get a free copy of the book in return for the use of our artwork. I haven't received mine yet, but was in contact with the editor late last week, and Emi informed me that they were being mailed out last week. So give it another week or so and if you haven't gotten by then give Emi an email. I kept my emails from her and she definitely asked me for my mailing address.

Same with me, so they are consistent with what they are saying.
    edited December 1969

OK, holds hands up, I misremembered than, but I know there was some discussion about it. In the old thread. :red:

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Mine arrived last week. Bit disappointed in it really. Nothing much in it if you have been using DS4 for a while.

Is there a content cd included with this version, last time i checked the amazon page it didn't say, gonna have another look tho. :)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:

Is there a content cd included with this version, last time i checked the amazon page it didn't say, gonna have another look tho. :)
    No, there isn't.

• edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    wilmap said:

No, there isn't.
    So essentially no real reason to buy the book then, huh? The one and a half star rating doesn't really give confidence in it either. It's too bad. I was actually looking forward to the new edition.
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

I have requested it to be put into kindle format.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Thanks a bunch for the info!

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

I contacted the author and he contacted the publisher. They are willing to send a copy of the book to all who contributed images. They need information from you to get it sent.

IF YOU HAD AN IMAGE PUBLISHED IN THE BOOK, AND SIGNED THE PROPER FORMS ETC. DO THE FOLLOWING:

Send an email to Emi.Smith @ cengage.com (remove the spaces)

Send your address and they will get you a book.

Hope this helps.

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited June 2012

Way back in March I had a conversation with, Emi Smith | Senior Acquisitions Editor | Course Technology PTR, and she actually asked me for my mailing address specifically for the purpose of mailing me a copy.

I actually forgot all about that, until reading this thread and then going over my mail. :lol:

But as the publisher is in Boston USA, I guess they had never heard of Wales UK, and probably had me down as an Alien, or worse still a communist :lol:

Post edited by kylumi on
  • HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I got my copy of the book today, arrived via fedex. I spoke with Emi on Thursday of last week and she had said the shipment had just arrived to their office. So that was pretty quick service, won't have time to check it out til after work though.

edited December 1969

I got my copy of the book today, arrived via fedex. I spoke with Emi on Thursday of last week and she had said the shipment had just arrived to their office. So that was pretty quick service, won't have time to check it out til after work though.

Yes, mine came via Welsh Valley Airlines......I had to go and retrieve from Jones the postman ...wooot I cant wait for someone to read it to me. :P

edited December 1969

Keep it away from the sheep, they may find it tasty.:coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Keep it away from the sheep, they may find it tasty.:coolsmirk:

To late................ :red: