Daz Studio 4.5 doesn't exist even after installation?

xeon.huangxeon.huang Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I downloaded this thing called "Genesis Starter Essentials" (478.MB) via the Daz 3D Install Manager.
After downloading and installing, it doesn't appear anywhere in my PC!

I checked the Start menu and the only thing that appears are the content!
There's this folder called "My DAZ 3D Library" and in it contains sub-folders like "aniBlocks", "Animals", "Light Presets" etc....but where's the Daz Studio program??

Am I missing something? I'm using Windows 7.

Tks!
Xeon

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Did you also install DAZ Studio itself or did you install only Genesis Starter Essentials (which is content for DAZ studio and according to what you wrote appears to have installed properly)? DAZ Studio (the program) does not show in the Install Manager and cannot be downloaded with it. You must go to your account, choose My Downloadable Products and download it from there. DAZ Studio (program) will install in Program Files, content for DAZ Studio will install in My DAZ 3D Library.

• xeon.huangxeon.huang Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh I see! Ok, got it now. Thanks a lot! :D

• xeon.huangxeon.huang Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

HI guys, just wondering....but does Daz Studio has something similar to an "object list" kind of panel?

Like if I've many different figures and props in a scene and they've overlapping each other, is there a panel that has a list of objects so that I can click on the item in the list instead of clicking the object directly? Something like the Photoshop Layers panel.

Tks!

Post edited by xeon.huang on
    edited December 1969

That would be the Scene panel I think. I am not at my home PC right now so I cannot advice you where exactly to find it, but it is there and functions just the way you described.

edited December 1969

I found this link online, it is for an older version of DAZ Studio (DS 3.1) but on the right you can see the Scene tab.

http://www.downloadcollection.com/graphics/largeimages/daz_studio_win32-123795.jpeg

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

HI guys, just wondering....but does Daz Studio has something similar to an "object list" kind of panel?

Like if I've many different figures and props in a scene and they've overlapping each other, is there a panel that has a list of objects so that I can click on the item in the list instead of clicking the object directly? Something like the Photoshop Layers panel.

Tks!

There are lots of panes in DS4.5, and you can find them under Window > Tabs. The Scene pane a PS says, is the one you want. The other ones I always have in use are, Content Library, Surfaces and Parameters.