►►► ....and, all links lead to the EULA!

Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
edited February 2013 in The Commons

All the shop links go the the End User License Agreement page for me. Anyone else having this fun situation?

Post edited by adamr001 on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Happened once, then it didn't happen after I hit the agree button. It's probably because they've amended their terms recently.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Yep, attack of the EULA here as well.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Yup, the first "attack of the EULA" was my fault (it wasn't supposed to be up but got slipped into a code push to the site and was missing the checkbox and accept button).

This time, it is for real though. With DIM on the verge of being in general release and install packages going to be available just as ZIP files, the EULA acceptance on the site is so you don't have to accept the EULA on every single piece of content being installed.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited February 2013

DAZ_Jon said:
    Yup, the first "attack of the EULA" was my fault (it wasn't supposed to be up but got slipped into a code push to the site and was missing the checkbox and accept button).

This time, it is for real though. With DIM on the verge of being in general release and install packages going to be available just as ZIP files, the EULA acceptance on the site is so you don't have to accept the EULA on every single piece of content being installed.

I'm sorry but you can't force new EULA on previous purchases or access to previous purchases. No way, it is illegal.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Accept for those of us who will not use the DIM, and have to do it anyway. Nice!

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    DAZ_Jon said:

I'm sorry but you can't force new EULA on previous purchases. No way, it is illegal.

You are correct, companies have lost that battle in court in the past. So don't worry about their illegal activities.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

You've accepted the EULA for years as part of installers. This is just a one stop shop where you can get it over with once and for all. :)

edited February 2013

adamr001 said:
    You've accepted the EULA for years as part of installers. This is just a one stop shop where you can get it over with once and for all. :)

This EULA is new and changed and I don't use DIM because it asked me to accept this new changed EULA. New EULA has section about forbidding 3d print unless I buy a special license for it. It forbids to share content within household as it did before. And it gives only 7 days limited warranty which I'm finding frankly disturbing in light of all those changes that hit DAZ3D recently because I suspect they will drop 30-days money back guarantee in future.

I want to access my previous purchased made under previous EULA without need to agree on new one.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

If it was the same EULA, you would be right, however this new one is significantly different I believe according to the furore in other threads ;)

• esbitesbit Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Oh no, a new EULA Atack!

To see the products need an accepting the EULA?
    Sorry, but how i can delete my Account... must i accept the EULA before? Unbelievable! *shaking the head*

So i'll say goodbye... have a nice live
    :coolgrin:
    The good customer

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

The only route to remove your account is to contact DAZ Support via the Contact Us link at the top of the store.

edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    The only route to remove your account is to contact DAZ Support via the Contact Us link at the top of the store.

So you can't even delete your account without accepting new EULA because "Contact Us" isn't visible unless you do so.
    edited December 1969

This new EULA thing. The same one that doesn't let me even go to my account or open a support ticket.

This new EULA thing that only has an option to accept under blanket terms.

This new EULA thing has a curious section, which I'm fully quoting here:

"If User does not agree to the terms of this EULA, please do not select the “Accept” button below or continue User’s purchase, download, or use of any Content. In the case User does not accept this EULA, User must delete any and all previously obtained Content from User’s computer systems and from any backup devices that User may have used."

Emphasis mine.

So if I don't accept this EULA thing I'm legally obliged to delete all my previous purchases which were made under a very different EULA? Because it is no longer product-by-product EULA acceptance but one blanket EULA it means all of my previously purchased content.

DAZ3D official people, please explain this moment to me. It is even legal?

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I'm waiting for clarification on this before accepting anything.

By the way, there is another thread about this.

edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    I'm waiting for clarification on this before accepting anything.

By the way, there is another thread about this.

I think people need to be more aware about changes. "Tap on shoulder" doesn't really cover the magnitude of legal harassment that this new EULA imposes on DAZ3D customers.
  • rgrinly_3c04c79a1brgrinly_3c04c79a1b Posts: 97
    edited February 2013

If this stays up..any bets on how long it'll be before DAZ starts going broke ? They've already p****'d off so many folks with all the seemingly new changes they've dumped on us in the last year or so, without any rhyme or reason, or clear explanation of just WHY all the changes are neccessary ? I can understand the occassional hiccup in running a business..but , reading the forums, just about every second or third thread is about some monumental screw up that's just making everyone mad. No amount of "Ooops, sorry" from DAZ is going to make for satisfied customers :(

I, for one..will not buy another item from DAZ, until they PUBLICLY, and CLEARLY retract this new EULA and apologise for upsetting folks with this apparently illegal document. There is NO way they can legally make folks give up previously LEGALLY purchased items, simply because they've changed to a new one.. :(

Post edited by rgrinly_3c04c79a1b on
  • esbitesbit Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    adamr001 said:

So you can't even delete your account without accepting new EULA because "Contact Us" isn't visible unless you do so.

And you must accept the EULA to change something in the account. Not the pick of the bunch.
    So i'll here unsay the accepting of EULA publicly :-)

The good old customer

edited December 1969

esbit said:
    Kattey said:
    adamr001 said:

And you must accept the EULA to change something in the account. Not the pick of the bunch.
    So i'll here unsay the accepting of EULA publicly :-)

The good old customer

It isn't about lying publicly, it is about principle. According to new EULA DAZ3D grants itself rights to retroactively block purchased content unless we accept new terms which are formulated in a such way that even old content brought under a much different terms must comply with new terms.

edited December 1969

I don't think the TOS allow us to make bets here, otherwise I would have started a pool a long time ago :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I tried to click a link from the Daz store and that EULA popped up. Meh. I closed the window and opened a new one and now avoid the Daz store.

EULA, feh! :snake: :snake:

edited February 2013

It is a redirecting to eula page. Links from store and on buttons are actually same as they were.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Combined another thread on the EULA and posts from an old thread with this thread.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Merging these threads conveniently reduces the visibility of the EULA issue Kattey brought up.

edited February 2013

Combined another thread on the EULA and posts from an old thread with this thread.

Richard, the topic of my thread was written to raise awareness about illegal things that EULA is forcing people to sign for, because no EULA has a backward power over already purchased content. Actually forcing them, because there is no other way to access the content. Merging topics for more "friendly" topic name causes disservice to those users. Hope you will sleep well today.
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

They can force you to accept it but if the EULA contains terms that are illegal surely that makes the EULA void?

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    They can force you to accept it but if the EULA contains terms that are illegal surely that makes the EULA void?

Yes, but they put more of legal obtrusion for you to prove it. Read new Remedies section.
  • Jake_35533Jake_35533 Posts: 242
    edited February 2013

Kattey said:

Richard, the topic of my thread was written to raise awareness about illegal things that EULA is forcing people to sign for, because no EULA has a backward power over already purchased content. Actually forcing them, because there is no other way to access the content. Merging topics for more "friendly" topic name causes disservice to those users. Hope you will sleep well today.

I think the EULA is referring to re-downloading content from Daz you purchased or content you have not installed yet, rather than the content you already own and are using. If that were the case, they could sue you for using content you integrated with every project you made 5 or 10 years ago. They would not have to sell any more content, they would make money suing all the users trapped in violation of the new EULA from past uses. (I hope they are not getting any ideas). This is digital entrapment.

If this were so, all of us could demand (or should have an option in the EULA) for a full refund for all the content we ever bought from them if we don't agree with the EULA. (I personally bought over $8000 worth in the past 3 years). So they need to clarify the rules and should not force this on previous content (that has already been used in projects).

Post edited by Jake_35533 on
  • HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Well I am not signing anything, until some one explains whats what. and seriously delete all my content, if I don't agree, ~ glady IF you refund every cent I spent here and you can take Daz and I'll will gladly walk away and become a poser user. What next.

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited February 2013

Well I am not signing anything, until some one explains whats what. and seriously delete all my content, if I don't agree, ~ glady IF you refund every cent I spent here and you can take Daz and I'll will gladly walk away and become a poser user. What next.

Im not signing either...i would also like an explanation for what is going on...

Post edited by ISIKOL on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited February 2013

been fixed ;-)

Post edited by patience55 on
This discussion has been closed.