Daz 3D, Facebook Galleries

xaero76xaero76 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there a official post here on the forums about this anywhere ? I had a look around and I couldnt find any mention about it...

This is the Facebook Galleries pages im talking about:- http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions

I want to find out what the Rules are exactly, since the pages do not mention much about rules at all... plus I am having trouble posting images on the pages above... I know they need to review the subject material before it is posted on their pages, however I am unsure if the images I am submitting to their pages are reaching them correctly, it is taking unusual amount of time to post the images and I have a funny feeling the uploads have stalled completely...

So should I keep trying until the images go though ? or will it be considered Spam ? there is no notification at all that the images have been submitted correctly

Thanks for any help

Comments

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094
    edited December 1969

Nice prizes! Too bad it's on Facebook.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited February 2013

I had3- 4 images posted initially in the sci-fi one, and then they stopped posting them. I was never told why, and stopped submitting them. I never posted anything my granny couldn't see, so it wasn't a content issue. They seemed to have stopped posting all but the commercial lookng ones or the most basic looking ones. When it first started there were a lot of pictures going up which was wonderful. Now- not so much.

I just am not clear what 'flies' with them and what they won't allow, so I just stopped. There is hardly anything posted there anymore.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

I wish it was a bit clearer also. I've submitted a couple of renders earlier, but none appeared. I always wonder if I'm even doing it properly - I just use the "Share" button at the top with "Photo/Video" to upload something on the appropriate group. I assume it goes into some backlog awaiting approval, but I am never sure. More images seem to be happening there now, so I tried again. I will see in a day or so if it shows up.

Is that what others have done when trying to post?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I was able to get mine to post today by going to facebook page and attaching a file. They don't post immeadiatly, someone there censors them and then decides what goes up.

Sadly, I don't much care for contests like this. They tend to be popularity contests, and what I like is not the same as everyone elses... =-)

But at least mine posted, so I know it work.s

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I don't see any way to post, or view more than a few. I assume you have to have a facebook account to see/do all this, correct?

• freekmunkeefreekmunkee Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Easiest way to post them is to post them on your own profile and tag the page in it. That's how I had to do it. Just waiting to see now who the winner(s?) are. Not sure if there is one for each category, or just 1 overall. (I have somewhere around 40-45 "votes" on my picture, so I'm really hoping I'm in there! lol) They do really need to clarify the rules and etc.

• ghz455uy-2136796ghz455uy-2136796 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Same problem here :(

Does anyone know how to successfully post artworks?

As for me, I don't know how to do this at all :(

• freekmunkeefreekmunkee Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Like I said, if it won't post on their page (sometimes it just takes a couple of minutes and some patience), then just post in your own page, click the picture, then tag it with one of the Daz pages.

I'm really wondering about how they are going to compile this- I just figured up that I have 57 votes! :) I'm going to be upset if they don't count because I didn't physically post ON the page, instead of tagging them in it. I did note on the page that I couldn't post it to the page and had to tag them in, so hopefully it will be all good.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

My understanding is facebooks owns any image you post to their site... your baby pics, artwork, etc.... I quit several months ago and never missed it.

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

I would like to have the galleries back here. Too bad they got removed and never added again :(

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited February 2013

Mr Posers comment made me want to read Facebook's language on this again. Here it is if anyone else would like to read it. They do not get to own your images, you grant them a royalty free license, a license which ends if and when you delete the content.

Sharing Your Content and Information

You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:

For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.

When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).

When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. (To learn more about Platform, including how you can control what information other people may share with applications, read our Data Use Policy and Platform Page.)

When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
    We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • WulfricWulfric Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

When you post images to the pages, they are added to this gallery on the page, https://www.facebook.com/DAZ3d.Fantasy/photos. They do not appear on the page timeline.

As far as the contest, the language in the email makes it sound like there will be a winner in each genre each day. Of course, it also said that the winner would be selected at 10am MST so who knows how it is going to be interpreted.

I have a question about the previous Facebook page contests. Does anyone know if they were ever concluded? I saw the announcement post and then never saw any winners congratulated.

• xaero76xaero76 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What Storypilot Said

WulfricF said:
    When you post images to the pages, they are added to this gallery on the page, https://www.facebook.com/DAZ3d.Fantasy/photos. They do not appear on the page timeline.

As far as the contest, the language in the email makes it sound like there will be a winner in each genre each day. Of course, it also said that the winner would be selected at 10am MST so who knows how it is going to be interpreted.

I have a question about the previous Facebook page contests. Does anyone know if they were ever concluded? I saw the announcement post and then never saw any winners congratulated.

I have seen a few updates on the pages and they have today awarded winners $100 store Credit, Which I was one of them so now I have $100 Store Credit! Woot !

Seems like Facebook is laggy when you upload some images to their page and just seems to hang there trying to upload the image, so look like you just have to try again until it goes though

• fayriefayrie Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

xaero76 said:
    What Storypilot Said

WulfricF said:

I have seen a few updates on the pages and they have today awarded winners $100 store Credit, Which I was one of them so now I have $100 Store Credit! Woot !

Seems like Facebook is laggy when you upload some images to their page and just seems to hang there trying to upload the image, so look like you just have to try again until it goes though

congrats!!!!!!!

but yeah i am not sure if my images are posting and also think the rules are a lil vague like how many per day in each category ?