No Default Textures?

So I've been playing with DAZ Studio 4 for a while... but I've noticed one major thing that seems to be missing. Textures. I am restricted to a slate gray figure, without any textures to slap onto them. Did I miss something that I should have added on? Did something not install correctly? Or does it really come with no default textures to mess around with?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Yeah..you are missing something.

There should be at least 3 sets of textures for Genesis (the base figure)...a male, a female and a child set, to go along with the Basic Male, Female and Child morphs.

What version of DS (full version number) do you have installed?

What version of the content pack did you download/install?

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

and if you got DS4.5, did you download and install Genesis starter essentials?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Like the above posters have mentioned, you need the starter essentials to get skin textures. That said, they're quite basic and to get the most out of Daz Studio I highly recommend looking at Victoria or Michael 5, which come with lovingly detailed textures and morph sliders to get you off to a good start. There are some good character sets for Genesis in the store for fairly low prices, so be sure to check them out too.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 2012

Too, there are free character morphs and texture sets out there for Genesis which won't cost a dime :)

http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/View/11/Poser/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis
    http://www.sharecg.com/ZamuelNow
    http://www.sharecg.com/wancow

Post edited by wancow on
  • edited December 1969

Okay, so... I just reinstalled Daz 4.5. I got the content stuff... And it gave me all the base figures and whatnot, but still no textures. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Also, I don't seem to have any clothes or anything to add to my figures, and I believe I should be looking in the Smart Objects folder, right? Basically, I seem to ONLY have the basic genesis morphs and whatnot (And Victoria 4, which I had with my Daz Studio 4. program before.) and I'm not sure why.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The textures should appear in the Content Library pane, DAZ Studio Formats >My Library > People > Genesis > Materials.

They are part of the Genesis Starter Essentials which you must have installed, otherwise you wouldn't even have Genesis. If you are still using DS4, go to your Itemised Order History, and Reset the download for that version, and reinstall the file called GenesisStarterEssentials.exe

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

its in my library - under people, genesis, materials

4.5pro_.jpg
    919 x 872 - 183K
  • edited December 1969

Ah! There it is... It was just harder to find than I was thinking.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited February 2013

Can the 4th generation textures be used on Genesis? I thought they couldn't. However a post somewhere got me to try putting a V4 texture on the Genesis basic female, and a 2-second glance makes it look like it's working. Or does it just LOOK like it worked, and if I look closer I'll find problems?

Post edited by sriesch on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Can the 4th generation textures be used on Genesis? I thought they couldn't. However a post somewhere got me to try putting a V4 texture on the Genesis basic female, and a 2-second glance makes it look like it's working. Or does it just LOOK like it worked, and if I look closer I'll find problems?
    Yes, they can. Most of my Genesis characters are now using various Victoria 4 and Michael 4 textures I downloaded from Renderocity and ShareCG as part of various freebie character packs.
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

fantastic! --------------------------------------------------

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Just be sure to change the UV set under the surfaces to the correct figure. All Gen 4 characters are currently supported, and you can create your own if you're savvy enough.