Unable to uninstall DS 4.5 Pro

chrbou2001chrbou2001 Posts: 117
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just tried to install the new version of DS. When the installer started to delete the former version it suddenly stopped because it couldn´t find the .dat file for the uninstaller. Now i don´t have the old version (most parts deleted) but cannot install the new one (because of incomplete deinstallation of the former version).

Comments

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited February 2013

I just tried to install the new version of DS. When the installer started to delete the former version it suddenly stopped because it couldn´t find the .dat file for the uninstaller. Now i don´t have the old version (most parts deleted) but cannot install the new one (because of incomplete deinstallation of the former version).

Try installing the earlier version again to restore the missing .dat file, then try installing the newer version again, maybe?

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • chrbou2001chrbou2001 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Good idea, i also thought about this but i have no installer for the previous version (i don´t keep the installers or .zip files because until now that would be over 1 TB)

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Good idea, i also thought about this but i have no installer for the previous version (i don´t keep the installers or .zip files because until now that would be over 1 TB)

I've learned the hard way to keep the last three or four versions of DS saved back. The alternative is to try manually uninstalling DS, but that means hunting down every directory and file and deleting them yourself, maybe doing a regEdit to erase every entry -- it can be done, but it's a pain.

When you install the new version, doesn't it give you the option to delete the previous version or to continue with the install? I don't usually install DS on top of itself, so I wouldn't know. I usually try to clean the previous version off first before installing a newer version.

• chrbou2001chrbou2001 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Sorry, the installer doesn´t give the option, it only warns that the previous installation will be removed (must be removed, so it starts the standard uninstall program which is equipped with all DAZ products)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,835
    edited December 1969

Just go to the uninstallers folder in the folder you installed to and remove the uninstaller files for DS (the application and the dat file).