MS Lycan

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anyone know if the MS Lycan for Genesis can use any of the OTHER morphs in DazStudio. For example....can I apply the female morph to it? Can I get the Creature Creator Head pack and apply THOSE morphs to it?

Thanks for any help. Need to know before I decide to purchase.

Comments

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited November 2012

Does anyone know if the MS Lycan for Genesis can use any of the OTHER morphs in DazStudio. For example....can I apply the female morph to it? Can I get the Creature Creator Head pack and apply THOSE morphs to it?

Thanks for any help. Need to know before I decide to purchase.

I don't have that specific product, but it should work with any other Genesis morphs. Making s female version would be easy.

Post edited by riftwitch on
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

That's precisely one of the points of Genesis, the ability to mix morphs in any combination. And that's all that MS Lycan is, another morph.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Yes, so long as there's a morph slider, you can add elements of different morphs together.

With MS Lycan, it is a VERY extreme bodyshape, so to feminize it, you could maybe try something like 65% Lycan mixed with 100% V4... cute in a scary way (below), hehehe

V4-Lycan-mix.jpg
    800 x 800 - 61K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,666
    edited November 2012

you could be sorry you asked

Ms_Lycan100.jpg
    619 x 1037 - 193K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Nail varnish? nice touch, ROFL

• edited December 1969

My Thanks...my concern had been some incompatibilities I had read about.....thats a relief...Thx for everyones help/advice

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,666
    edited December 1969

realized she was barebreasted so had to pull her before I got moderated!

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

The only problem is a situation where something dramatically changes geometry. For example, turning feet into hooves (like my Rhinoman), then turning on a morph that enlarges the feet (among other things it enlarges) like Michael 5, and the hooves suddenly sprout vestigial toes. :P

edited December 1969

For some reason I envision her as what a typical phone sex worker looks like...

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

I was going to say just ask Wendy, but she in there already !!!

edited December 1969

Should the morphs for this work with Poser's DSON Importer, even without .duf files. The morphs show in Poser, but nothing happens when I dial them. They work fine in DS4.5 however.

edited February 2013

Should the morphs for this work with Poser's DSON Importer, even without .duf files. The morphs show in Poser, but nothing happens when I dial them. They work fine in DS4.5 however.

Hmm it worked before I'll have a look !
    I've just download the latest version to make sure there nothing wrong with it.
    Post edited by Midnight_stories on
    edited December 1969

Hmm it worked before I'll have a look !
    I've just download the latest version to make sure there nothing wrong with it.

Is 1.2 the latest version? I think that's what I have.

edited December 1969

Yes 1.2 is the latest I didn't have it installed by updated to the 1.2. and Made a DUF file and exported it out to poser it's looks OK here's a render.
    There's something strange going on with the Lycan-Fur but the rest of the fur is working fine and I converted the poses over as well and they worked fine as well. Texture wise only the defuse is coming in. If people are nice I might make up some poser files for you.

Lycan.jpg
    695 x 822 - 148K
    edited December 1969

P.S. I did try the morph with genesis and had no problems so it might be a runtime configuration problem you have.

edited February 2013

P.S. I did try the morph with genesis and had no problems so it might be a runtime configuration problem you have.

Ooh, .duf files would be SOOO much appreciated! Pretty please with? **insert puppy dog eyes smiley here** :)

I'll play around with it some more. I remember seeing some mention somewhere about people having some installed Genesis morphs not working. I'll have to try to find it and see what the solution was.

Edit: I have to try this, but here's the recommended solution. I will update this post once I try it.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9766/P30/#203452

Post edited by TheWheelMan on
    edited December 1969

Well have tried it 90% of things are working in poser but only one piece of fur won't work and that the lycan- fur the rest is OK so it would be a full port but you'll have something to play with. When I have something I'll post here.

Lycan2.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 226K
    edited December 1969

OK here's the Link
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dij6xqudvqgbobw/MS-Lycan-Poser-Support.zip

What a nightmare to do, it took over 6Hrs
    What's in it?

\Runtime\libraries\character\Midnight_stories\MS-Lycan\
    Fur-Chest.cr2
    Fur-Mane.cr2
    Fur-Stomack.cr2
    MoonWolf1.cr2
    SnowWolf1.cr2
    WereWolf1.cr2

\Runtime\libraries\materials\Midnight_stories\MS-Lycan\Fur\
    Fur-Moon.mc6
    Fur-Orange.mc6
    Fur-Purple.mc6
    Fur-Snow.mc6
    Fur-White.mc6

\Runtime\libraries\materials\Midnight_stories\MS-Lycan\
    MoonWolf.mc6
    SnowWolf.mc6
    WereWolf.mc6

\Runtime\libraries\pose\Midnight_stories\MS-Lycan\
    Attack.pz2
    Bound.pz2
    Crouch.pz2
    Guard.pz2
    Howl.pz2
    Howl2.pz2
    Hunt.pz2
    Kill.pz2
    Rocky.pz2
    Rumble.pz2
    Slash.pz2
    Sniff.pz2
    Stand Off.pz2
    Stand.pz2
    Zombie.pz2

Yes there is stuff missing well I just couldn't get the Lycan-Fur to work, all the other fur is OK.
    I've opted for 3 presets for the Lycan WereWolf SnowWolf and MoonWolf these load in with the poser mats applied to them a one click operation to make it easy for you. Poses and Mats are working, sorry didn't have time for the eye mats.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers Midnight :)

SnowWolf.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 224K
    WereWolf.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 181K
    Moon-Wolf.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 192K
    edited December 1969

Thank you SO much! I'll download it in the morning when I'm back on my PC (typing this from my iPad). I'm sorry it proved to be such a pain, though.

I got my morphs working now too. I had moved my runtimes and all new morphs I installed afterwards were broken. Had to completely uninstall Poser to get the configuration settings pointing to the right locations.

edited December 1969

I found the best way to stay out of trouble with the DSON stuff is to add the runtime folder in the DS Libraries folder to poser then it will always find the files it's looking for. Hope it works !

edited December 1969

I have the files now, thank you!

• TercelTercel Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

Thank you SO much! I'll download it in the morning when I'm back on my PC (typing this from my iPad). I'm sorry it proved to be such a pain, though.

I got my morphs working now too. I had moved my runtimes and all new morphs I installed afterwards were broken. Had to completely uninstall Poser to get the configuration settings pointing to the right locations.

I'm adding in my thanks for this!!!

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

i dont suppose anyone knows where i can get gen textures for it? tried making my own, but i cant get the abs to line up.

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited December 1969

Are there any morphs like this for G2?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,123
    edited February 2015

Thanks for posting a picture... Gasp! I know where she lives! 8-o

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on