Genesi Character to V4

meyou465meyou465 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello!

There is any way to "export" a genesis character over Victoria 4 mesh (the old one!).

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

if the Genesis character is using the V4 UV mapping, then you would be able to use the skin textures on V4...but that's about it. There's no way, except maybe lining them up side by side in something like Zbrush and hand sculpting V4 to look like the Genesis figure.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

With Genesis' ability to use most, if not all of V4's items, I would question the need to turn V4 into the same figure. Wouldn't it be easier to just use Genesis and transfer over any V4 items you wanted to use?

• meyou465meyou465 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply!
    To convert a genesis figure to V4 I have several ideas but, who know, maybe there are better way to achieve better result.

Well, Herald, I know what you mean, but I really need this conversion for V4, the "old" mesh. That's all :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

If you gave some details on what exactly you're trying to accomplish it might help. But one thing to bear in mind is that unless you specifically remodel Victoria alongside Genesis yourself, there's no easy way to get V4 to look like Genesis. That said, you can still get the look and feel of V4 using Genesis, but again it depends a lot on what your goal is.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Genesis has a set of "Iconic shapes" in the store, which allow you to change the shape of Genesis into V4, M4, Freak4 etc....

You install the iconic shapes,.
    Open DS and load genesis,
    then use the shape sliders, or Morph sliders in the Parameters section, to change genesis into whatever figure shape you need.

Hope it helps :)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It's the other way about Andy, the OP wants to make V4 look like Genesis :)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

meyou465 said:
    Thanks for the reply!
    To convert a genesis figure to V4 I have several ideas but, who know, maybe there are better way to achieve better result.

Well, Herald, I know what you mean, but I really need this conversion for V4, the "old" mesh. That's all :)

Why not just use Genesis? Why do you need to use V4?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

AH,... I see.

Thanks Jimmy :)

That's a much tougher question,. unless you use the Iconic shapes, and start out with V4, then change the slider back to make it genesis.

Genesis and V4 are completely different models with different polygon count and different bones.
    so,.. it's like asking how do I make this tree into a building, or vice-versa.

Until we know exactly what the OP is wanting to do, or the effect they're trying to create, it's an impossible question to answer correctly

EG, you could take both models into a modeller and adjust V4 until it looks more like Genesis, then re-rig it etc...

but,.. it's long way round for a short-cut. :)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Until we know exactly what the OP is wanting to do, or the effect they're trying to create, it's an impossible question to answer correctly

Exactly. And I do not understand why anyone would want to go backwards, and I find the notion of it very, very intriguing. I saw at least one other person ask the same question, but I never found out what they were thinking when they asked...
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I personaly took the Challenge of HAND Creating my Old M4 Jaderail as a Genesis Jaderail and enjoyed it. I never use the GenX plugin just hand dialing and textures. I find it very fun.