Saved from myself ... again

bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799
edited December 1969 in The Commons

When DAZ first set up special offers, they never seem to get it quite right first time.

This morning, I got one of their emails that said "Hey, because you bought ______ in the past, we'd like to give you a 40% discount on _____, ____ and ____." As I'd been planning to buy ______ and ______, that sounded pretty good. So I threw them into my cart, and saw that the combination of (current sale discount) and (40% off for buying stuff in the past) added up to quite a nice saving.

Sadly, at some point later in the day (before I had actually pressed the Checkout button), someone at DAZ woke up and said "40% off sale price? You lunkhead, that was supposed to be 40% off total price!" and corrected the formula.

So when I came back to my cart, the price had risen sharply. So everything had to come out of the cart and go back on the wishlist again.

Which is probably no bad thing, but I do wish that DAZ wouldn't keep teasing us like this ...

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Or you could try to use the WELCOME-30 coupon on your order...

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Or better still the WELCOME-50 coupon! Gotta love that one :)

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:
    Or better still the WELCOME-50 coupon!

You know, what we need around here is a WELCOME-100 coupon.

What's that you say? A WELCOME-200 coupon? Now that's just silly ...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,217
    edited December 1969

The DAZ 3D forums are not a venue for bashing other sites. A number of posts have been removed for that reason - please refrain from continuing that discussion.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

...had the same thing happen during the Teens5 release back in December.

On a similar note, received an email with links to Stonemason's Mech Enforcer, the ShuttleStar, and Bot Genesis. In the email it mentioned these items were being offered a a special discount of 40% off. When I clicked on one of the product links, the discount on the product page was listed as being 30%.

I was currently logged onto the store site at the time.

...what gives here?

It's like getting a market circular in the mail advertising Sirloin Steak at 4.95 per pound but when you get there you find out it's really 5.95/pound.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,217
    edited December 1969

The offer may have expired, if it was a one day offer. But if not you probably need to add the item to your cart, then click the link at the bottom of the quick cart to see the full cart in order to see the discount.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

The offer may have expired, if it was a one day offer. But if not you probably need to add the item to your cart, then click the link at the bottom of the quick cart to see the full cart in order to see the discount.

On some things I don't see the discount until the last page of the process--just above the last click to make the process go through.