Is it possible to ask for a straight refund if something goes on sale?

agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've bought a bunch of things within the past 30 days that fall into the DAZ Original fantasy category, and I fully intend to buy the Huntsman as he looks like a great character. Does anyone know if it's possible to ask support for a refund of the associated discount as store credit on recently purchased items that would have qualified? I know you can do it if the item itself goes on sale.

Else I'm stuck asking for refunds on all of them and repurchasing.

Comments

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited February 2013

I've bought a bunch of things within the past 30 days that fall into the DAZ Original fantasy category, and I fully intend to buy the Huntsman as he looks like a great character. Does anyone know if it's possible to ask support for a refund of the associated discount as store credit on recently purchased items that would have qualified? I know you can do it if the item itself goes on sale.

Technically they don't refund you a difference, - although they did it in a past a couple of times, currently I think you have to buy the item with a new price and ask for full refund on the previous purchase. As long as previous purchase within 30 days from your opened ticked, they should be able to give you a full refund on older prices and you keep your newly-discounted items if sale ended up too quickly for ticket to be processed.

When DAZ3D still had a phone support and I had only 1-2 items in such situation I could get "refund the difference" credit, but currently I don't know if ticket support ever does that.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

Technically they don't refund you a difference, - although they did it in a past a couple of times, currently I think you have to buy the item with a new price and ask for full refund on the previous purchase. As long as previous purchase within 30 days from your opened ticked, they should be able to give you a full refund on older prices and you keep your newly-discounted items if sale ended up too quickly for ticket to be processed.
    Thanks. I guess I'm off to sort through everything then.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited February 2013

Part of the reason for the change is a change in Paypal's policy...so I guess they just made it so that everyone is the same. Paypal changed things so it's practically impossible to issue a partial refund.

And 'no phone support'???

They just moved the number to the Help Center page... https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/home

014.png
    1280 x 1024 - 250K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

They just moved the number to the Help Center page...

Oh, thanks, I missed that. I remember it was a thread where DAZ3D phone support was announced as discontinued.
    edited December 1969

I just want a store credit refund, not a Paypal one. I know I'll spend it and I prefer to make things simpler for people... maybe I should have gone ahead and asked, but I already got the ticket for a refund filled out.

[/impatience]

edited December 1969

I just want a store credit refund, not a Paypal one. I know I'll spend it and I prefer to make things simpler for people... maybe I should have gone ahead and asked, but I already got the ticket for a refund filled out.

[/impatience]

I think they did away with difference refunds for everyone, not just PP, because it was easier to do that than try and figure out who could/couldn't get them.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

[/impatience]

I think they did away with difference refunds for everyone, not just PP, because it was easier to do that than try and figure out who could/couldn't get them.
    Oh, that could be.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited February 2013

Providing the date of purchase and sale date is not more than 2 weeks, I have been very successful at asking for a price adjustment from DAZ. Other stores do not do this. I also get it refunded to my DAZ account instead of my paypal or credit card. I've never had a problem.

Post edited by ThatGuy on
    edited December 1969

Providing the date of purchase and sale date is not more than 2 weeks, I have been very successful at asking for a price adjustment from DAZ. Other stores do not do this. I also get it refunded to my DAZ account instead of my paypal or credit card. I've never had a problem.

The change happened right around Christmas time...PayPal put out new terms then. So it's only been like a month and a half...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

The change happened right around Christmas time...PayPal put out new terms then. So it's only been like a month and a half...
    Did DAZ announce a policy change somewhere in a thread or email? Or did you ask for an adjustment and get denied?

edited December 1969

It was in a thread around Christmas time...someone from the office explained the bit about PP. The 'applies to everyone' bit is what it seems like in several of the other threads on refunds...and what makes the most sense.

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited February 2013

Not directly related to the original poster's subject, but still on the topic of refunds: about how much time does it take to get a response from sales after a support ticket is placed?

Also, is there a direct link one can follow from one's account to the support tickets one has open?

Post edited by daveleitz on
    edited December 1969

Not directly related to the original poster's subject, but still on the topic of refunds: about how much time does it take to get a response from sales after a support ticket is placed?

Also, is there a direct link one can follow from one's account to the support tickets one has open?

Supposed to be less than 3 business days. Direct link should be in your email.
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests should take you right to your open requests.

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the fast replies!

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Yes, yes and yes, I have done this twice! All I did was start a help order and DAZ took care of me. The first time I did it I had just purchased DS4.0 advanced a week before it was offered for free. I got a full refund.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I received a refund for the Cheyenne bundle which I had purchased about 2 weeks before it showed up in the value category. I just send in a request with the order number of my purchase and price I paid, and the current price it was in the value category, within 3 days I had a credit for the difference in my account. Happy :)

• dendy.hernandadendy.hernanda Posts: 1
    edited March 2013

i want to delete my account . someone help me . i dont know . i am write wrong addres at the moment order . help please

Post edited by dendy.hernanda on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

i want to delete my account . someone help me . i dont know . i am write wrong addres at the moment order . help please

One, have you actually purchased anything from DAZ? By this, I mean paid money for something. If you have, don't as DAZ to delete your account as you would lose access to your downloads.

If you wish to change your email addy or even you screen name, you can do that by clicking on the My Account link at the top when you are logged into the count you currently have. You can edit any info on the main account page that had an edit link next to it.

If you really feel the need for new account, I suppose you could make a new account with all the correct info you want. Back before Zen Desk, if you had more than one account (I had my original Zygote and made a new one when DAZ became a separate company) Customer Service would combine them into one account. You could open a ticket to the Zen Desk and ask if they still do this.

Before all else, try editing from your accounts page.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DAZ 3D do not normally delete accounts.

If you wish to change any of the details on your account please either contact a Moderator if it is simply a User name or email address change that you need, Passwords, username changes and email address changes can only be made by an Admin such as Richard Haseltine or adamr001. ANy other member of the Forum admin team can pass a message on to them but it is better to contact them directly