animation doesn't work with DAZ 3D & aniMate2 within 30-day trial

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi! I'm a NOOB, and I was following the "Fast Start" (AKA "QuickStart") tutorial by Val Cameron. When I get to the part of animation, his works fine, but mine doesn't. Can someone help me figure out what's wrong, please?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You would need to explain a bit more about "his works fine, but mine doesn’t."

Please give a clear explanantion of what is happening, what version of DAZ Studio you are using, and what Operating System. It will all help to get you a correct answer.

• edited January 2013

He puts the animation stuff on the timeline (dancing), and then he plays the timeline, and she dances. When I do it, I see my animation choices on the timeline (dancing sequences). Everything is OK, but mine doesn't dance when I hit the play button. I'm using DAZStudio4 64-bit v4.5.1.56 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

Post edited by daz3D89217_aa2e7be195 on
    edited December 1969

I have no idea from your description. I will need to look at this tutorial to see what is happening, I'll get back to you if I see anything that helps.

edited January 2013

First of all, it has nothing to do with the Animate2 trial, in the video, Dreeamlight is using the Animate Lite version which comes free with DAZ Studio, and your trial of Animate2 will revert to Animate Lite after 30 days. Even so, it would still work without the full version.

In the image below, you can see that I have some aniblocks below the time line. When I hover my mouse pointer over them, the Genesis figure in the viewport starts animating. It will keep animating until I move my mouse pointer off of that aniblock. Does yours do that?

If not, then, it probably wont play when you drag it to the timeline either. There must be something strange going on here. I have a slightly older version than you for the moment, 4.5.1.6, but it alwayas worked that way, even in DS3.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1152 x 540 - 150K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

Interesting. I see when I hover over the aniblock, the frame numbers increase and loop yet my figure doesn't do anything. So yes, even before it gets to the timeline, something is broken. What more can I do to fix this?

edited December 1969

I haven't seen this reported as a bug by any Mac users, but I don't use animation much.

Can you take the aniblock off the timeline, and see if you can get the character to move as an animation on it's own. Go to Frame 30, and then likt up an arm or leg (or both), go back to the beginning, and see if it tuns as an animation.

You could also go to Help > Troubleshooting > About Your Video Card, and post a little of what it says there, like the OpnGlL version?

Apart from that I'm stuck really. You could try a reinstall of DS4.5 if nothing else works, but try the other things first. A Mac user may come along who can help more.

• edited December 1969

Hi! Sorry to reply so late. Thanks for all the help!

Yes, this animates fine like that. That's why I was thinking there was something wrong with aniMate2. As you said, I put the timeline header on frame 30 (1s 6f), pull her leg, arm, and hand, then I hit the previous-track key to go to zero and hit play. Yep, she moves :-/

Current OpenGL Version: 2.0 ATI-1.6.36

OpenGL Provider: ATI Technologies Inc.

Hardware: ATI Radeon X1600 OpenGL Engine

Features:
    MultiTexturing Supported
    Shadow Map Supported
    Hardware Antialiasing Supported
    OpenGL Shading Language Supported
    Pixel Buffer Supported
    Pixel Buffer Size Not Enabled
    Maximum Number of Lights 8
    Number of Texture Units 8
    Maximum Texture Size 4096 x 4096

• edited December 1969

I'm currently looking at this video from GoFigure:
    http://gofigure3d.com/site/vids/amp/after_install.mov

I just found that I don't have a

/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins/libaniMate.dylib

nor
    /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins/libaniMatePlus.dylib

just a
    /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins/libaniMate2.dylib

I also don't have a content folder where he says it is:

/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/content/aniBlocks

instead it's here because during the installation, I didn't want the content in my user folder; rather I told the installer to put it in shared:
    /Users/Shared/DAZ\ 3D/Studio/My\ Library/aniBlocks

aniMate2 still doesn't work, and I have like 22-days left :(

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

libaniMate2.dyib is the correct version for DAZ Studio 4

What figure are you trying to animate? Is it Genesis? A screenshot of DAZ Studio when this is happening would give us alot of context.

• edited December 1969

aniMate2 came with DAZ Studio 4. I didn't install it separately. I'm attaching a Mac info pane and a snap of the plugins footer for aniMate2. The version seems to be v2.0.4.1

It's a Genesis figure.

Here's a screenshot too, showing the timeline in play mode with a dancing aniBlock from aniMate2, yet the figure is completely still.

aniMate2_failure.png
    1440 x 900 - 267K
    aniMate2_plugin.png
    597 x 206 - 24K
    libaniMate2.dylib_.png
    361 x 434 - 48K
    edited February 2013

This won't inspire your confidence in me, but I am really scratching my head on this one. In the past 5 years of doing aniMate, this is a first that nothing happens.

Here are two duf files in a zip file. Download and extract the two files. If you would not mind opening each in Studio and see if they play correctly?
    http://gofigure3d.com/Amm/Test.zip

Post edited by ammon_fde0d92863 on
  • edited December 1969

Now I'm thoroughly perplexed. Both files work, and I see no differences in either one animating. What's wrong with my set up? I just installed DAZ Studio 4.5 like 8-days ago, nothing special. I'd really like to try the plugin. What do you recommend I do? :((

edited December 1969

Intereting, but that tells us some things.

Starting with test1.duf, add another aniBlock. Try all sorts of different aniBlocks.