OH MY GOD DAZ... STOP WITH THE PC CLUB ISSUES- REALLY!

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,992
edited December 1969 in The Commons

REALLY! WHAT THE HELL IS STILL GOING ON HERE !?!?

I just got a order confirmation for PC club renewal

ONLY I DID NOT RENEW IT!

I though about it, but I doubt FRIGGIN MAGENTO has the ability to read thoughts, since it can barely take orders right...

This is VERY disappointing... I have not purchased anything since the site change because I still see people having issues with Platinum Club and the store and I HATE having to submit tickets and call to have stuff fixed...
But apparently by avoiding problems I invited problems to find me...

I also have to say, after recently reporting a problem at another site and getting a very honest straight forward answer, it is extremely ANNOYING to constantly see these "everything is okay" posts from DAZ...

NO DAZ- EVERYTHING IS NOT OKAY! REALLY.

I deleted my card info several months ago, my account info says I HAVE NO CC INFO RECORDED and yet I SEE MY CC INFO in the order confirmation.

HOW MANY MONTHS DOES IT TAKE TO GET THIS LOUSEY SOFTWARE WORKING RIGHT? 7? 8? 9? 789?

I've wanted to make a whole bunch of purchases since the site change but I keep putting it off because I STILL see people having problems and I don't want to give my credit card info to this halfassed software until everything is working to at least the level of an simple newbie "one man" operation.

FYI- None of my annoyance is directed towards the mods or the people actually trying to fix the situation either.

This is really, really disappointing, annoying and downright lame, that after 5 or 6 months stuff like this is STILL happening, especially with deleted credit card info.

Nuff said, I'll only get more annoyed...

Have a "happy" day.

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I have seen this mentioned before, and someone more or less representing DAZ said that CC info isn't actually being stored despite some contrary indications. Apparently they were wrong.

Not too pleased about this myself as I also deleted my CC info a few months ago.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

DId you see this?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7225_4/

Not sure if it helps but figured worth a try. Especially after you've already been charged.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

I've just deleted my credit card info. Not trusting DAZ to keep it deleted, so I'll be keeping an eye on it. I don't really buy here anymore because of the store and a host of other issues. I am, sadly, moving farther and farther away from this site. I really enjoyed being a part of this place for the past six years, but now, it's not so enjoyable. Here's to hoping my CC info stays deleted.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,992
    edited December 1969

Thanks larsmidnatt.
    I know about that, my CC info was deleted correctly, although more or less by accident to solve another problem back when the site changed... If I go to my CC profiles info it says "No Profiles saved yet"...
    This is really annoying.

Picture_2.png
    680 x 438 - 113K
    Picture_1.png
    287 x 153 - 16K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Have you contacted your bank and made sure that the Automatic payment is cancelled there as well. And did you do what was suggested in this announcement http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7225_4/ And actually cancel your membership.

edited November 2012

Yup... and it was not what I wanted to do at the time, but it was my only choice to prevent a bigger problem... I also was very annoyed to find I lost the remaining days on my PC membership (which in my opinion sucks, since it was already paid for)... I believe I even made a thread questioning this, but as far as I remember it was never really addressed by anyone besides other well meaning forumites and the thread was quickly lost in the early thread sorting debacle.

I did not contact the bank, but the next month or two after, I checked to see if any DAZ charges were made and none showed up... I assumed that meant it was done with.

With all due respect to everyone other than those who should have fixed this (or where responsible to authorize the resources required to fix this)...
    This is very rinky dink... a consumer's credit card information should NOT have any manner of ghostly after presence... once deleted it should remain deleted, it should be a straight forward process, one should NOT have to look for a "correct" process by which to do it... It should be "Delete information" and be done with PERIOD... anything else is inexcusable and breaks a basic trust that the Vendor/Store/Site will be the one to maintain a professional standard of service. My obligation as a customer is not to find walkarounds and patches by which to make purchases or use the store.
    It should work or not be online.... it is only silly at this point that these issues STILL exist...
    If your local grocer told you that you had to go down the block to the baker and fill out a form to "properly" complete your purchase... I might be going out on a limb here... but I'm pretty sure you'd tell him to bugger off... it's not exactly the same but in sprite it is.
    Also... What of people who do not frequent the forums? How are they supposed to know about this? Caveat emptor? Too damn bad if you are not a forumite or did not find the note posted on the back wall of the clubhouse?
    If you look at the CC profile picture it clearly says "NONE"... someone who does not frequent the forums then be screwed? Is that fair?
    Hearing folks calmly say I should make sure no new purchases are not showing up in my credit card statement directly reminds me of warnings you hear about using a CC in a third world country... ?
    You know, I like DAZ... I feel bad for the people, the vendor and artists who lose income due to these STUPID issues... I feel bad for the folks who used to enjoy shopping here to whom this has become a TASK... I feel bad for the people who constantly must answer questions like these without end or compensation (warm fuzzy feelings do not count) and I feel bad for the IT & CS people who must constantly try to wrangle this steaming pile of feldercarb into a semi-functional store without- I'm assuming proper resources...
    Really...

But anyway... thanks for the suggestion, I do appreciate it.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I do understand what you are saying. I had one occasion, not here, on a well known site that I had not bothered to tell my bank to stop paying an automatic subscription, because I knew my card was running out, and I would need a replacement. I thought that would solve the issue, but instead the next moth I still got the amount deducted from my account, using the new card number, so could only have been my bank that had not only allowed it to go through, but had kindly updated the card number so that it could go through.

After that I made certain that I told the bank that this automatic sub was to be disabled.

edited December 1969

Thanks again, chohole... I just want you to know I'm not mad at anyone here... especially not you (that club scares me)... I'm just mad... both in temperament and sanity.... it fluctuates.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

As far as I am aware a continuing subscription stores an authorisation, and the payment processor (the card issuer) makes sure that gets applied to the current card. Deleting the card details doesn't remove the authorisation, which is why you have to cancel (with a choice of losing paid-for membership or risking missing the renewal date and being charged). In theory, I believe, letting the card issuer know the payment is being cancelled should be enough, but from what I've read not all accept that - some insist they have to pay the authorised charge and that it is not their responsibility to handle the cancellation.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Is it possible to check if anything is stored, I have paid for everything in the past by paypal, i can't remember if I ever had a CC on file, I don't have one on file now, I don't think.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

As far as I am aware a continuing subscription stores an authorisation, and the payment processor (the card issuer) makes sure that gets applied to the current card.

Part of the issue is that when an annual membership was purchased last year, it wasn't a continuing subscription.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    As far as I am aware a continuing subscription stores an authorisation, and the payment processor (the card issuer) makes sure that gets applied to the current card.

Part of the issue is that when an annual membership was purchased last year, it wasn't a continuing subscription.

Well, with the new store, an annual subscription is a continuing subscription.

Yes. Meaning that a one-time purchase was converted to a continuing subscription without notice or consent. Some of us who visit the forums stumbled upon discussion of it before our accounts renewed, and many (like me) chose to let it continue. For those who don't visit the forums or didn't happen to look at the right thread, it's a nasty surprise.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

seems I have joined the outer darkness where people wear sackcloth, weep and gnash their teeth.
    I BOUGHT AN ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP!
    and cancelled my monthly automatic payment, . . . . . . . . . . a week later
    and
    yes
    sure enough, I am no longer in the Platinum Club :long:

I was actually not THAT keen on an annual membership but it was $30 cheaper and they said monthly recurring payments from paypal no longer worked
    but
    mine did!!!
    until
    doh, I cancelled it.
    why did I just leave well enough alone, if it is not broke don't fix it
    put in a ticket but now too scarex to look in the store incase I see something I really really want that would have been cheaper as a member.
    (which I should be!)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,123
    edited February 2013

Yup... and it was not what I wanted to do at the time, but it was my only choice to prevent a bigger problem... I also was very annoyed to find I lost the remaining days on my PC membership (which in my opinion sucks, since it was already paid for)... I believe I even made a thread questioning this, but as far as I remember it was never really addressed by anyone besides other well meaning forumites and the thread was quickly lost in the early thread sorting debacle.

I did not contact the bank, but the next month or two after, I checked to see if any DAZ charges were made and none showed up... I assumed that meant it was done with.

With all due respect to everyone other than those who should have fixed this (or where responsible to authorize the resources required to fix this)...
    This is very rinky dink... a consumer's credit card information should NOT have any manner of ghostly after presence... once deleted it should remain deleted, it should be a straight forward process, one should NOT have to look for a "correct" process by which to do it... It should be "Delete information" and be done with PERIOD... anything else is inexcusable and breaks a basic trust that the Vendor/Store/Site will be the one to maintain a professional standard of service. My obligation as a customer is not to find walkarounds and patches by which to make purchases or use the store.
    It should work or not be online.... it is only silly at this point that these issues STILL exist...
    If your local grocer told you that you had to go down the block to the baker and fill out a form to "properly" complete your purchase... I might be going out on a limb here... but I'm pretty sure you'd tell him to bugger off... it's not exactly the same but in sprite it is.
    Also... What of people who do not frequent the forums? How are they supposed to know about this? Caveat emptor? Too damn bad if you are not a forumite or did not find the note posted on the back wall of the clubhouse?
    If you look at the CC profile picture it clearly says "NONE"... someone who does not frequent the forums then be screwed? Is that fair?
    Hearing folks calmly say I should make sure no new purchases are not showing up in my credit card statement directly reminds me of warnings you hear about using a CC in a third world country... ?
    You know, I like DAZ... I feel bad for the people, the vendor and artists who lose income due to these STUPID issues... I feel bad for the folks who used to enjoy shopping here to whom this has become a TASK... I feel bad for the people who constantly must answer questions like these without end or compensation (warm fuzzy feelings do not count) and I feel bad for the IT & CS people who must constantly try to wrangle this steaming pile of feldercarb into a semi-functional store without- I'm assuming proper resources...
    Really...

But anyway... thanks for the suggestion, I do appreciate it.

Good points. I agree with all of them!

All this hoopla over DAZ's new handling of credit cards and subscriptions sounds like it might be good fodder for an enterprising lawyer to bring a class action suit. Symantec (Norton) succumbed and had to refund cash and change their license subscription policies because the abused villagers rose up and thrust a gaggle of lawyers at them. After years of litigation Symantec finally sent out $10 checks to all who bothered to fill out the paperwork. 8-s But you no longer lose license time if you replace a half-used product with a new copy. The times are cumulative. AND Symantec now gives you the ability to transfer your licenses from one machine to another via a web service so that you don't have to call them on the phone.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Sometimes I get the feeling that they end up billing the wrong people. Like in Mr. Joe Smith from Alabama end up paying for Mr Jack Smith from New York. Now that would get them running for their pitchforks DAZ. I hope you're smarter than that.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

whoa!
    I am platinum again!!!

happy dance
    Thanks Daz
    quick response from support desk, all Zen now!
    sorry for the whine, will use it to wash down my humble pie.

• edited December 1969

ok heres one for you, as far as I know I have never used a credit card on daz except possible back when I first joined about a decade ago, but on my account details subsciptions there it is a credit card listed as payment details .

the number is not my current card, nor the previous card or even the card before that, the nice man from the bank couldn't go back any further.

so if this number was my card its ancient history OR its some other persons

• edited December 1969

I've just found out this was the card used when I first ever joined here, its that old.

why do they still have this on file?

& the only way I can change it is to ----- you guessed it add a new card

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    I've just found out this was the card used when I first ever joined here, its that old.

why do they still have this on file?

& the only way I can change it is to ----- you guessed it add a new card

That is so wrong. I cannot believe DAZ hasn't fixed this mess yet. It's a matter of customer trust, fer crissakes.

The old store was so much better about these things.

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

I'm going to assume this is a limitation of the new store, and not an intentional effort to coerce people into giving them credit card info.

With the old store, you had the choice of having your PC membership automatically renew, or not. It was an option in your account. That's how it should be.

Having to choose between letting them automatically charge the card you used before, or canceling and losing whatever's left on your membership...that's just lame. You shouldn't have to lurk at DAZ, waiting for your expiration date so you can cancel your PC account without losing any time you already paid for.

I hate being signed up for automatic renewals by default, let alone being unable to opt out. What if my card is near the limit, and the auto-charge pushes me over and triggers penalty fees? I'm guessing DAZ won't refund those. I want to be able to choose what payment instrument I use, and when, not be auto-charged.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

Thanks larsmidnatt.
    I know about that, my CC info was deleted correctly, although more or less by accident to solve another problem back when the site changed... If I go to my CC profiles info it says "No Profiles saved yet"...
    This is really annoying.

...seems Alabama has become a nexus for 3D artists I guess as my city of residence is listed as being in Portland, Alabama (not Oregon). When I Google mapped it, turns out it is a state park on Dallas County Rd 235 about thirty or so miles south-south west of Selma.

This to me says sloppy coding which of course makes me just a "tad" bit concerned when it comes to the security of customer account information (in spite of all the reassurances).

They need to hire a team of professionals who can get this piece of rubbish software to work properly for us, the customers and community.

...or get the latest release of PHP Edit.and start all over again. Rebuilding what we had would be an "upgrade" over what we have now.