Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Are there enough lifeboats.... ;-)

No, but I think we've got a canoe without a paddle somewhere around here....

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Are there enough lifeboats.... ;-)

No, but I think we've got a canoe without a paddle somewhere around here....

Is that up by the creek? ;)

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

I would imagine that the coupon will be like the ones on the old store - it will have to be activated on your account before you can use it, and once used it will be cancelled. That way it won't matter where it's published.

JoelleD - it looks as if you are a PC member - $20.97 is the usual start up price less PC discount, so that bit is working. Are you seeing PC items at $1.99, and the 30% of on DAZ items that aren't otherwise on sale?

Richard, i dont. Other than accessing this forum is the only PC incentive im seeing. Ive reported the issue over a week ago, and still no change on my end.

-MJ

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

okay, whew, just saw that weird $1 charge on my pc subscription and was wondering what it was for!
    also, i've suddenly been un-subscribed from all the newsletters for some reason, so i had to go back and re-subscribe...at least they sent me an email about it....

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

I just received an alert on my droid regarding an order confirmation email from No Reply [email protected] regarding Order #100038029 placed on June 11, 2012 9:35:57 AM MDT which is a renewal of my Platinum Club Annual Membership with the Subscription start of 6/11/12. Charge was $1.00 with a store credit of $1.00. Since I did not place this order, I assumed it was something done by DAZ. Especially, as it came minutes after an alert regarding another email from Customer Support [email protected] notifying me "You are now unsubscribed from the DAZ newsletter."

Considering I neither unsubscribed from the DAZ Newletter, nor placed an order today, AND this is the first time I've even visited the DAZ site today, I was rather concerned. Even though I don't have time for this as I'm JUST as overwhelmed (and understaffed) at work as DAZ is, I attempted to find information on the forum before calling DAZ. It was sheer luck I stumbled across the reposting of the post by Britney Creek which I had never seen before.

My previous renewal shows my subscription was extended to 3/31/13, so this DAZ generated order apparently extends my PC subscription an additional 3 months until 6/30/13. But of course, I can't be sure of anything because the DAZ site and our account information is so unreliable now. Hopefully, DAZ has more reliable information SOMEWHERE regarding our PC subscriptions because I don't trust anything here anymore.

Although, I appreciate most everything being done by the forum admins, the notification we would have an order generated by DAZ on our behalf should have been by email. Given the state of the DAZ site/forums, it's not the best place to announce that DAZ will be placing orders on our behalf.

Seriously, given the cancelling of the Newsletter subscription which I didn't do, followed by an order I didn't place, I was worried site security had been compromised.

Adding this here as well...it was added to my thread I have going in the Commons but since these things are both being discussed here I am going to post it here for those that may have missed it (Though I urge you all to bookmark this thread or subscribe to it, or just check the first post in it occasionally for the most up to date info http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/):

ALL THOSE HAVING PC MEMBERSHIP ISSUES, PLEASE READ:

From Britney Creek:

For all paying PC Membership previous to Magento, you have seen numerous errors with your PC Membership. We have found a resolution for these issues.

You will see an order for your Membership being charged $1 of store credit that you did not make. This is correct. DAZ issued $1 to your account and made an order for your Membership again for you. Once this has been done, you will no longer see any issues with your PC Membership. If until this has been done to your account, you miss any sales, please let us know, we will take care of that for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Okay, I've finally seen this go through.

My PC membership was paid up through November of 2013, and now it's listed as being through June of 2013.

I expect that they will eventually extend my membership (and for anyone else who was pre-paid up far in advance), but I'm just posting about it, to reference back to in case extending memberships gets lost in the shuffle.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

You have more than General Subscription available? That's all that is available to me.

okay, whew, just saw that weird $1 charge on my pc subscription and was wondering what it was for!
    also, i've suddenly been un-subscribed from all the newsletters for some reason, so i had to go back and re-subscribe...at least they sent me an email about it....
  • jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

no, just general subscription, but i assumed that included the PC newsletter, since they've both been coming....
    it took me three tries to re-subscribe, though, but i've finally gotten an email confirming it, so we'll see....

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

All I have is general subscriptions also.

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Adding this here as well...it was added to my thread I have going in the Commons but since these things are both being discussed here I am going to post it here for those that may have missed it (Though I urge you all to bookmark this thread or subscribe to it, or just check the first post in it occasionally for the most up to date info http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/):

ALL THOSE HAVING PC MEMBERSHIP ISSUES, PLEASE READ:

From Britney Creek:

For all paying PC Membership previous to Magento, you have seen numerous errors with your PC Membership. We have found a resolution for these issues.

You will see an order for your Membership being charged $1 of store credit that you did not make. This is correct. DAZ issued $1 to your account and made an order for your Membership again for you. Once this has been done, you will no longer see any issues with your PC Membership. If until this has been done to your account, you miss any sales, please let us know, we will take care of that for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Okay, I've finally seen this go through.

My PC membership was paid up through November of 2013, and now it's listed as being through June of 2013.

I expect that they will eventually extend my membership (and for anyone else who was pre-paid up far in advance), but I'm just posting about it, to reference back to in case extending memberships gets lost in the shuffle.

Well, my ticket went in, came back 'resolved' but I am still expired... still good thru Nov 2013... but no extension, no credit/charge and still shows "expired".

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid I can only manage to read the forums occasionally, and for only very short periods of time, so I've got totally lost in this.

Before the store and forum change, I was a PC member, monthly subsciption, with the next month's payment due some time after the change.

After the store and forum change, My subscription was showed as Expired, even though we weren't at the date shown for the next due payment. I saw no PC prices in the store. For a few days I saw the Members Only forum in the Forum's list and could browse to it, but then it disappeared from the forum page, and tryinhg the link to it in the Community menu I got a not authorized error message.

I opened a support ticket about it. Got a generic reply, but then after a few days my status in My subsciptions went to being active with the date of the next payment extended, However for several days after, I still had no access to the Members forum. The store pages sometimes showed PC prices, sometimes didn't. when i went to a PC club item page, it sometimes showed the full price sometimes the 1.99, quite independently of which the listing showed. The process seemed entirely random when visting the pages for the same item on different days.

Recently the members forum reappeared and started letting me in again, and the PC prices started appearing consistently in the store. But after just a day of that, although my forum access is currently continuing along with the PC prices appearing for me in the store., Under My Subsciptions it has gone back to showing the status as Expired, with a Next Delivery of 6/23/12 and nothing under Next Payment.

I am just completely lost, and just am not able to read enough now to try to catch up. What is the situation? Am I in the same state as other members where I can expect it to be fixed? Or should I be writing yet another support ticket? And am I correct we still aren't supposed to have our monthly 6 dollars yet, or have I missed that being sorted?

Given that i still haven't got part of the one thing I've bought since the store change, over two weeks since I bought it and despite numerous exchanges with support I'm really inclined to give up on the DAZ store amd forums completely, at least for a month or two. I've seen websites have a few glitches after a major change before, but I never imagined a web based business could possibly mess up even a fraction as badly and totally as DAZ have; and I never imagined it would take them so long to sort it out if they did.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited June 2012

David, I know it's hard for you to spend a long time at the computer, so I'll try to summarize in brief my understanding of the situation:

It seems to clear up most of the problems if the PC Membership is bought on the new site, so DAZ 3D is giving PC members $1 in store credit and buying a PC Membership for $1. They're working their way through the entire membership, so it'll take some time to do everyone. I would wait until that happens and see if that resolves the problem.

When that happens you may get an email that you've been unsubscribed from the newsletters. If you do, you can check your account to see if you were resubscribed, and resubscribe if you weren't.

The coupons they've tried haven't worked for a lot of people, so they're holding off on the PC coupons until they resolve the problems.

ETA: What is the problem with content you're having? I got one product with an incorrect download (two copies of the Poser installers instead of 1 Poser and 1 DS).

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just got the Platinum Club news letter there is nothen in there about a code just tiring to sell more stuff instead of fixing the mess they already have!

I got nothen for my last month on May 16 monthly payment & in 5 days they will be taking out another payment plus tax, I never got no 1.00 for a free month.

This is getting no it already is old.
    I'm paying for nothen! but a big head ack. :(

• pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

I just received a canned reply that the problem is resolved but I am still expired. Now I'm really upset. It would have been better to not get an answer at all on the support ticket rather than some stupid response that it is resolved when it is not.

edited December 1969

When that happens you may get an email that you've been unsubscribed from the newsletters. If you do, you can check your account to see if you were resubscribed, and resubscribe if you weren't.

That's really not the kind of comment to fill me with confidence that people understand what they are doing!

• Lebherz-GelinasLebherz-Gelinas Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I come in to check on my account and it looks like it exploded. Nothing is behaving. I can't even find myself in the lists.

I'm agreeing with DWG. This is not filling me with any warm fuzzy confidences and now I have to buy my Plat Club over again???

Maybe I'm a bit "old fashioned" but I am of the opinion that if things were working somewhat reasonably, you don't throw a monkey with a wrench into the works.

That's just me I guess.

I want this resolved and I want my phone call returned. I think that only fair given all I wanted to do was make sure my Plat Club dues were taken care of.

• GreenleafCatGreenleafCat Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

What I don't understand, after reading multiple threads, is am I supposed to tell someone my pc membership says expired? and where should I tell them? I found one post that said to do in the help system logging thing (zendesk?) and another that said to do it through the bugtracker.

I didn't have a problem until *after* I got the email about some 1$ purchase and another email about being unsubscribed from some newsletter.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I come in to check on my account and it looks like it exploded. Nothing is behaving. I can't even find myself in the lists.

I'm agreeing with DWG. This is not filling me with any warm fuzzy confidences and now I have to buy my Plat Club over again???

Maybe I'm a bit "old fashioned" but I am of the opinion that if things were working somewhat reasonably, you don't throw a monkey with a wrench into the works.

That's just me I guess.

I want this resolved and I want my phone call returned. I think that only fair given all I wanted to do was make sure my Plat Club dues were taken care of.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. What is misbehaving and what can't you find in what lists?

No one said you have to buy PC again. DAZ 3D is putting $1 into your account and then buying a PC membership with it, so you will officially have it purchased on the new site. You aren't paying for anything.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

They know they have a lot of people who's memberships are showing up expired. It does not mean you have to purchase them again, and they are working on them. And working on them... and working on them... and working on them... and working on them...

• NoctyrnusNoctyrnus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

That's just me I guess.

Don't hold your breath for a return call, last 3 times I had a problem and called I got voice message asking me to leave name and call back number but never got a returned call. Only responses I ever recieve are through the zendesk which generally takes 8 to 10 days for me to get a response. I understand they get backed up at times but why provide a call number if its gonna be ignored? one of those times I had a problem wasn't even the one everyone else had at that time.

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Just got my Daz Coupon & have 2 weeks to use it. lol

Hope the carts are working I ordered one Item yesterday & couldn't open it, so I had to use to tool & it down loaded in my program but it want work, posers7 keep freezing up when I tried to bring it in, so had to do another ticket on it. lol

Post edited by Alethas Fantasy on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited December 1969

just received an email for my PC membership purchase for $1 with a $1 credit.... and an email turning off my email subscriptions..

weird

You are now unsubscribed from the DAZ newsletter.
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    just received an email for my PC membership purchase for $1 with a $1 credit.... and an email turning off my email subscriptions..

weird

You are now unsubscribed from the DAZ newsletter.

That is the fix being put through. If you see that it should mean your PC Membership is now working correctly even though it seems an odd solution to it. If you have NOT seen this yet, it means they have not gotten to your account yet. When they are all done I will let everyone know and if at that time your account is still not working correctly then that is when it may be time to put in a ticket. Hope that helps. :)

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

Hope the carts are working I ordered one Item yesterday & couldn't open it, so I had to use to tool & it down loaded in my program but it want work, posers7 keep freezing up when I tried to bring it in, so had to do another ticket on it. lol

At least you got yours. I'm still waiting for my $6 and it's been 2 weeks already since the 1st of the month. Shouldnt they have tested this software before going live with it???

David

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

At least you got yours. I'm still waiting for my $6 and it's been 2 weeks already since the 1st of the month. Shouldnt they have tested this software before going live with it???

David
    I'm in the same boat as you, David. Have you received any of the PC newsletters? I do not think I have, yet am an annual PC member (expired) until May 2013.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited December 1969

David

WOW! I guess I must have gotten yours. I got the PC coupon code email and I'm not even a PC member

Charlie

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

David

If you don't get the mail it doesn't matter - nowadays they add the coupon code in a sticky in the Platinum Club:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1934/

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

I think you get unsubscribed as you temporarily leave the PC, and so wouldn't get the PC Newsletter. Or at least, that has a certain appearance of logic to it.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I think you get unsubscribed as you temporarily leave the PC, and so wouldn't get the PC Newsletter. Or at least, that has a certain appearance of logic to it.

That does make some sense, but I think there's something else going on. I haven't had the $1 thing happen (my account is "active" so I'm not sure whether to expect it or not) but when a ticket I had submitted was resolved, and store credit issued to me because of that, I got an e-mail that I had unsubscribed from the newsletter. So maybe it's linked to the issuance of credit somehow?

• Lebherz-GelinasLebherz-Gelinas Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

That's just me I guess.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. What is misbehaving and what can't you find in what lists?

No one said you have to buy PC again. DAZ 3D is putting $1 into your account and then buying a PC membership with it, so you will officially have it purchased on the new site. You aren't paying for anything.

My credit card was deleted so I had to reenter that. Then I find I have been dropped from the Platinum Club subscription back on the 9th and nothing in the emails about that and no wonder... I had my newsletters and notices unsubscribed. Funny, I know I didn't do that.

It's a good thing another 3D artist told me to check my account. Had I not, I would have missed out on this flop and twitch where everyone is knocked back to zero posts, no avatars are available, the galleries are gone, and even the skins on our pages are not customizable. And that's just the top of what sounds like a pretty botched system.

Oh, that list I was referring to was the members list. I've been a member since 2006. Wait... All my prior posts were deleted and I got knocked back to zero. I'm a newb all over again... Joy and rapture. NOT!

If it wasn't broke, why go to the trouble of "fixing" it? Now it's broke and it sounds like there are more glitches. :-/

Back in the day when I actually bothered with website development, I used a set of developmental servers to test my site before unleashing it upon the world. I could find my problems before they cascaded into disaster. I see that is not the tack taken by DAZ of late. >:(

Yes, I'm annoyed. As I said, I've been a member since 2006 and the site was fine. I could find what I needed and all was well with the universe. I guess someone was bored to death in marketing and web design and just had to put a finger into the works. >:-(

Oh look! Let's play with this new and untested website format and really tweak the members with new glitches and dropped data from their accounts! It'll be tons of fun. Really!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.

edited December 1969

Okay, I'm now utterly confused as to whether my PC membership has an issue or not.

Clearly I can post here, I'm also seeing PC items priced at $1.99, while with other items I take it 'Special Price' represents the PC discount.

OTOH, my subscription status (see below) shows 'Status = Expired'. Is that a problem or not?

PC_Status.jpg
    451 x 90 - 8K