Is DAZ management ineligible ?

CrimsonMagicCrimsonMagic Posts: 129
edited December 1969 in The Commons

As a customer I have the feeling that everything got even worse since the new management took over.

- Issuing DS4 Pro for free was a slap in the face of the loyal customer base who bought it few month before.
There was not even an excuse nor a small voucher for those who paid good money for it.
- Proper documentation for Carrara is promised since years and almost nothing happened.
Such a complex software is mostly useless without up-to-date documentation.
- Same for DS4 Pro documentation.
(Pls don't tell me that there's the new doc center. If it goes along this way, DS5 will be released before DS4 docs are complete)
- The new store is a mess.
- Same for the forum.
- In general things are always announced (by marketing ?) and then nothing happens for month.
- The management is not even able to communicate to the paying customers in an appropriate way.

I think that there are some hard working and kind people at DAZ but
that's good for nothing if management does not establish suitable conditions.

Sorry to say but meanwhile my trust in DAZ is broken but I still hope that things are getting better.

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No documentation is nothing new. In fact it's SOP for DAZ. Yet another subject I gave up on long ago.

None the less, I haven't seen anything I would call different being done by the new management, seems like the same old DAZ I have had to deal with for years, Doesn't get better, doesn't get worse, just more complex and more expensive. ;)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Ineligible for what? Medicare? Food stamps?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    to go in to Space
  • Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

:-) Thanks Anne. Finally a good laugh out of the forums this morning. :-). They're pretty sad in general. I was wondering what word "Ineligible" was actually supposed to be myself. :-) ... I was thinking maybe they were "ineligible" for forum membership, because we hardly hear from any of them :-). They better hope they are eligible for food stamps because at the rate things are going, well, they may need them soon :-).

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cagnazzo82 I've been here for quite some time. The first edition of studio I downloaded was 1.2. This is normal for DAZ, just what I would expect.

I've been here so long I have given up on DAZ ever doing anything any differently. What is going on with this forum now is just what I would expect from DAZ.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I was assuming it was 'ineligible' for being a brain donor ;) Just kidding, nice DAZ managemeent peeps. Honest! :)

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Hmm... instead of sarcasm how about using your brains. The OP, more than likely, is not English speaking and since he used the word, ineligible in the topic I figure he meant inept, which means generally incompetent, or maybe he just meant incompetent.

Point is the guy is peeved and there's no reason to add fire to the flames, especially if you can't say anything decent.

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jazzmin,
    Don't take forum posts too seriously. I'm pretty sure AtticAnnie was just trying to lighten up an other wise gloomy situation. I know I was. I don't believe anyone was being "indecent", or attempting to "add fire to the flames". That's a legitimate point that Crimson magic could be something other than english speaking, but either way, I took (and wrote my own) sarcasm with a grin, and it was meant to be directed more towards DAZ than to the OP anyway. No harm, No foul, No disrespect to the OP. Who hasn't messed up spelling or a phrase in a post before? I know I have. ;-)

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jazzmin,
    Don't take forum posts too seriously. I'm pretty sure AtticAnnie was just trying to lighten up an other wise gloomy situation. I know I was. I don't believe anyone was being "indecent", or attempting to "add fire to the flames". That's a legitimate point that Crimson magic could be something other than english speaking, but either way, I took (and wrote my own) sarcasm with a grin, and it was meant to be directed more towards DAZ than to the OP anyway. No harm, No foul, No disrespect to the OP. Who hasn't messed up spelling or a phrase in a post before? I know I have. ;-)

Super Newb thanks, but I'm not taking it too seriously. In a forum misunderstandings can occur because we can't see expressions or gestures. Generally smileys are available as a replacement. Two reasons for my response to her are that 1) AtticAnnie did not use smileys or elaborate in order to show that she was remotely trying to lighten things up and, 2) DAZ is not, obviously, eligible for Medicare or food stamps, hence her sarcasm came through loud and clear. Instead of trying to help the guy out with his issue/anger or with his communication skills, she added fire to the flames.

There are enough angry people around here... don't need anymore or other members who think they have to protect DAZ by being rude to a customer who is clearly upset and needs to vent. IMO if you can't help, just keep quiet.

I understand where you're coming from and I appreciate your input :-)