PC Coupon - Why am I getting it?

Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Yesterday I received an email with the Platinum Club coupon code for $6 together with instructions on how to redeem it. This was a seperate email for just the coupon and was NOT just something contained in a newsletter or such. OK, Great, except for one small detail -- I am NOT a Platinum Club member.
Was I supposed to get it or is this just some more store "wierdness"?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Comments

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 401
    edited December 1969

LMAO. I'm actually in the Platinum Club and got no such email.

• tmdoray_8f0ea9a219tmdoray_8f0ea9a219 Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

me too - got the email and not a pc member.
    i wonder if they inverted the mail merge list.
    but seriously - i'm now a little concerned i got auto-enrolled to PC again. but with the changes to the account page interface i am not sure where to look.
    i cannot get in to the Members Only forum, so i guess that it some sort of confirmation.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

We have taken note of people who are not PC mebers getting the email, and have passed it on.

We also got someone who was not a member to test, and you will not be able to use the coupon if you are not a PC member,

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    edited December 1969

I too received the email and I am no longer (as of a week or so ago) a PC member... the stupid thing for me was that when I cancelled my SUBSCRIPTION, a few days short of renewal, I lost my PC discount instantly, despite having a few more days left... Nice. So in effect my already almost useless PC voucher/coupon/whatever-it-was-at-that-point was now really worthless... So now I get the stupid coupon notice....
    Awesome. Nice way to frustrate already annoyed people.

It is good to know that people who are not PC member can NOT use the coupon... but the real question is- can the people who ARE members ACTUALLY use it? Like does it work?.... just wondering if this is one of the legendary "12 things that do work" at the new DAZ... there are so many of these urban myths these days.

edited December 1969

Oh it works very well for those who are members, as many are posting to say,

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Yup. It's usable. It spent nicely.

Kendall

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well I got the email with the PC coupon code today, but I haven't been a member in over a year AND I unsubscribed from all newsletters the day before yesterday... yet I still received the notice, lol. ;-P

• smarencosmarenco Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I am a PC member, I tried to use the coupon but it appears an error message. "Coupon code" blablabla "is not valid."

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I got mine today and just used it. It worked perfectly. ;-)

edited December 1969

smarenco said:
    I am a PC member, I tried to use the coupon but it appears an error message. "Coupon code" blablabla "is not valid."

Were you trying to use it on a Daz O, or a PA item. It won't work on PA items.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I'm in the Platinum Club and I haven't gotten an email. In fact, I'm not sure I've gotten any emails from DAZ since the store changed over.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited June 2012

I've been getting emails, but only about 2 a week, where we used to get a lot more, or so it seemed.

Have you checked in your account to see if you have it set up to receive emails? It's under Newsletter Subscriptions. Now they only have one checkbox for General Subscription, rather than 5 or 6 individuals newsletters as they did in the old store.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • kfox65kfox65 Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Any idea who we're supposed to contact if we are a member and haven't gotten the email with the coupon info? I checked my subscriptions and am signed up for the general newsletter.

• EfindelEfindel Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

I'm also not a PC member and got the coupon email -- indeed, I quit the PC *because* of the shift to the new system, since I often used my voucher on things that weren't Daz Originals.

edited December 1969

I'm in the Platinum Club and I haven't gotten an email. In fact, I'm not sure I've gotten any emails from DAZ since the store changed over.

There are a few who have been having problems with emails from Daz3d since the new site launched. Did you change your email address at all, during the life of the old site ?

The code for the coupon can be found in a thread in the MO forum.

• boobunnyboobunny Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

I just don't get anything from Daz at all anymore. No newsletter, nada. I went and checked and the newsletter box is checked.