• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Thanks, they look pretty good!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131
    edited December 1969

Great stuff as always! Thanks.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Thank you! This is only the second item I have downloaded from you and am having the exact same problem. It doesn't install properly (or I'm retarded) It tells me that a certain .dsf file is missing. I extract it all to My Library but it's a no go, even when I go looking for the files manually. What am I doing wrong?

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

interesting. I'm not getting that error Saiyaness. Are you sure it's not a Duplicate ID error? I fix those with a script, it actually fixes the file. And if it is a DSF, can you get the file name and path?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

The texture path issue is down to a duplicated folder name in the zip - just cut/paste the contents of the \Runtime\textures\Pusey Designs\Underwear\Underwear folder up one level (i.e, drop the bottom-most underwear .... sorry, had to say that! ;))

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2013

nm ... getting the threads mixed up. The solution worked for another file I was having a few problems with. tx

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    interesting. I'm not getting that error Saiyaness. Are you sure it's not a Duplicate ID error? I fix those with a script, it actually fixes the file. And if it is a DSF, can you get the file name and path?

I get both of those errors too. There is one more folder that could be included in the upload as far as I know however can't say that it's made any difference not having it either ... but then maybe I just don't know what I'm missing lol ...

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Hmm..so I did a manual install, which I usually do and should just always do...and it worked...except NOW I'm getting the Duplicate ID error. But who cares - they work! So thank you all and thanks again Wilmap! Been looking for freebie stockings for ages!

edited December 1969

I was coming back to edit but decided to just add another post. It has occurred to me that some of our various error messages from anybody's products might be that there are 4 or 5 various D/S4.x out there.
    I haven't tried this yet in 4.0 which is where they're intended to be for sure and certain.
    I have found 4.5 tends to give duplicate error messages even though I can't find the duplication so don't know what it's talking about except that maybe it's not reading the file as 4.0 would. Just an idea.

At any rate, they work and thank you very much Wilmap :-)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I have re-uploaded the file with the textures in the correct place.

I only use DS4 so I have no idea why these errors are occurring for some people. Sorry I can't help with this problem.

edited December 1969

There is a script for DuplicateIDs that will fix Wendy's base file. I get duplicate IDs on all her stuff, but that's a simple thing to fix so long as you have the script.

It's by Richard Hasseline and can be found here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/293/

edited December 1969

But why do you get duplicate ID errors?

Is it something I'm doing wrong or just because they are made in DS4?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

It's because your using DS4.0 to make them, the files are in the WIP JSON format that 4.0 uses, rather than the "finished" DSON format that we use in 4.5, the older format isn't completely compatible with DS4.5 which is what causes the errors.

edited February 2013

I see, thanks.

Not something I can do anything about then, as I am not going to use DS4.5 to make these clothes, because a lot of people then wouldn't be able to use them.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

Wendy, it might be helpful to put that script link in the readme of your stuff. It fixes the error instantly in the base file, so it becomes a non-issue.

edited December 1969

Good idea wancow - will do that from now on. Thanks.

edited December 1969

Wendy:

When you have a script like this one, one should always go to the script library, right click on that script, and "Create Custom Action"

This will put that script into a pulldown under Scripts.

This way, when you are in your content library, and say you've just downloaded one of your items, the script will automatically open that folder so you can click on the file, which fixes the DupIDs. I've been using it for a while now, and it's saved me from having to re-download things from DAZ as well... huge time saver. when used in this fashion.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

A common issue is the geometry and the figure having the same name - unfortunately you don't get a chance to pick the names using the Transfer Utility.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Wonderful - thanks for these :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

I just used these on my character Ashley, and they look great, but there is one "issue" I did find with them, but it's not a "technical" one. The waist is a bit high for some skirts since it covers her navel. A morph to lower the waistline would be a great addition to this garment. As it stands right now I have to turn off the visibility on the abdomen bones.